Classic Chain Knots at the Orlando FL Outlet

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Satin: $1549
Leather: $1659
Catena (Nero Ayers Studded) and Checkered Mirror: $2529 (double-check on this if you are interested in that one - it’s not shown on its own, but is the last one in the second photo; also double-check the metallic lurex one)
All prices plus tax, $15 FedEx shipping

Reminder: These are NO LONGER BEING PRODUCED and have now moved to the Outlets. If you want one, call or text to one of the numbers provided in other Orlando outlet threads. If they don’t have one in stock, they’ll check other outlets for you.

D13F2ADD-139C-48FF-BA22-E71D3995BC53.jpeg

4714164B-3534-4520-AD26-D336A2A6770D.jpeg

AF2973E5-4E0A-4EF5-9C4F-335F446FE1C0.jpeg

C8CA6680-5C3D-49F7-94F8-BC232A5FFB21.jpeg

8B09423D-0DC2-4A20-A654-01CDA2FFF091.jpeg

Satin: $1549
Leather: $1659
Catena (Nero Ayers Studded) and Checkered Mirror: $2529 (double-check on this if you are interested in that one - it’s not shown on its own, but is the last one in the second photo; also double-check the metallic lurex one)
All prices plus tax, $15 FedEx shipping

Reminder: These are NO LONGER BEING PRODUCED and have now moved to the Outlets. If you want one, call or text to one of the numbers provided in other Orlando outlet threads. If they don’t have one in stock, they’ll check other outlets for you.

View attachment 4933073

View attachment 4933074

View attachment 4933075

View attachment 4933076

View attachment 4933077

Oh good heavens! *swoon*
I just got off the phone with my outlet SA about these. @indiaink, I hope you're pleased with the mischief you might be causing for my wallet!

@Euclase which one did you choose? :giggle:
I haven't purchased one yet, but I am very tempted. My local outlet SA is doing reconnaissance for me. If I get a knot, I'd definitely want leather, because I'd muck up a satin one. Also most of my fine jewelry is white metal, so I'd want either brunito or silver hardware, but I'm leaning more toward brunito because it's even more neutral, for when I do wear yellow or rose gold. (I'm absurdly finicky about having my metals match. I'm not one of those stylish people who can layer on lots of different metals and make it look effortless and chic.)
  • My outlet has a Quetsche with brunito hardware on hold for me.
  • They're checking inventory to see if there's a Nero. I don't know if the Nero chain knot ever came with brunito hardware?
  • I'm intrigued by the 3rd knot down in the drawer pic you posted @indiaink, the dark blue one (tourmaline??) with silver hardware, so my SA is investigating that one too.
Basically I want a super versatile knot that I could use any time I dress up, either for dinner with DH, or for a (rare) fancy-schmancy fundraiser, whenever those are safe again. I'd love fellow TPFers thoughts!

This sounds perfect! Fingers crossed that you are able to get one (if it was made int hat combo) !
Unfortunately the SA told me that BV never made the chain knot with brunito hardware. :crybaby:
They did ID the dark blue one from @indiaink's photo as Petrol. It's really pretty, but maybe not as neutral as I'd like.
So the finalist for me would be the Quetsche...

It's hard to pull the trigger on this bag when we are in lockdown, and I have no immediate occasion to wear it, but with them being discontinued, finding one in the resale market can be tricky and time-consuming. *sigh*

• Wow
Reactions: 880
Euclase, I think we have our answer. :biggrin: And that is to buy. But this is coming from someone who also just bought a clutch with no immediate occasion to use it. I've delayed buying a Nodini for so long until it was so hard to find one and I knew I didn't want to go to the resale market. I ended up buying the new style Nodini. I was debating between the black and the red and bought black. But now I feel bad and should've bought both since it was such a good price at NM. And now the red is out of stock already.

So yes, it feels so unnecessary to buy a clutch now, but the likelihood is you will thank yourself later that you did get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Euclase
I don't really know what the color brunito hardware is. This is the one I got and it seems like it's available again at Saks off 5th. Two weeks back, they had black leather in that price too. With ra ku ten rebates, you can get more savings. Attaching the link below

Unfortunately the SA told me that BV never made the chain knot with brunito hardware. :crybaby:
They did ID the dark blue one from @indiaink's photo as Petrol. It's really pretty, but maybe not as neutral as I'd like.
So the finalist for me would be the Quetsche...

It's hard to pull the trigger on this bag when we are in lockdown, and I have no immediate occasion to wear it, but with them being discontinued, finding one in the resale market can be tricky and time-consuming. *sigh*
Popping back in to say - @Euclase at this price, for something that we'll never see again, I would highly recommend buying; you'll have a piece of fashion house history that will be a forever bag. The Quetsche in lambskin tends to have more gray in it, so it would be a perfect neutral.

@waverlinda this is what the brunito finish on the hardware looks like, and it's funny that I got this photo from the Bottega Veneta web site, so Euclase's SA doesn't seem to know what they are speaking of in this instance.

45379618DN_16_ep.jpg

Popping back in to say - @Euclase at this price, for something that we'll never see again, I would highly recommend buying; you'll have a piece of fashion house history that will be a forever bag. The Quetsche in lambskin tends to have more gray in it, so it would be a perfect neutral.

@waverlinda this is what the brunito finish on the hardware looks like, and it's funny that I got this photo from the Bottega Veneta web site, so Euclase's SA doesn't seem to know what they are speaking of in this instance.

View attachment 4934289

Thank you @indiaink and @waverlinda for your words of wisdom and encouragement. My SA said the smaller knot came in Nero satin/silk with brunito hardware, but the larger chain knot didn't come in Nero nappa leather with brunito hardware. I think that photo is of the satin/silk with snake leather trim.

If I wasn't such a klutz, I'd get a satin knot, but I'm sure I'd ruin the pretty fabric! :facepalm:

Thank you @indiaink and @waverlinda for your words of wisdom and encouragement. My SA said the smaller knot came in Nero satin/silk with brunito hardware, but the larger chain knot didn't come in Nero nappa leather with brunito hardware. I think that photo is of the satin/silk with snake leather trim.
If I wasn't such a klutz, I'd get a satin knot, but I'm sure I'd ruin the pretty fabric! :facepalm:

I have a satin knot in the new light grey with brunito hardware and I love it so much. I bought it about two years ago, it has not gotten used nearly as much as it should, but hopefully happier days are ahead. Whichever you choose, you won't go wrong. Such a beautiful, classic piece. I'm so tempted to get a second in the nappa but am being strong and resisting (for now). Good luck with your decision!

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Quetsche chain knot! @youngster, @waverlinda, and @indiaink, I really appreciate all of your feedback! :wave:

Two other things helped seal the deal. 1) If I hate it, it's probably easy to resell. 2) If I wear this bag over the long haul, my outlet SA told me that I could eventually have it dyed black (if it's looking worn and BV no longer has Quetsche dye).

It was hard to spend that much on a bag right now, because frequent bag splurging is not my M.O. Heck, I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my two medium cervo loops, and I'm also investing a pretty penny to have BV repair & refresh my Indigo shoulder bag, after carrying it nonstop for ~4 years. But when it rains, it pours, right?

I have a satin knot in the new light grey with brunito hardware and I love it so much. I bought it about two years ago, it has not gotten used nearly as much as it should, but hopefully happier days are ahead. Whichever you choose, you won't go wrong. Such a beautiful, classic piece. I'm so tempted to get a second in the nappa but am being strong and resisting (for now). Good luck with your decision!
I'm resisting getting the satin. I saw one at Saks Off website last week but stopped myself. Let's see. Still have a few more days till the end of 2020. Who knows what else we will end up buying.

Reactions: youngster
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Quetsche chain knot! @youngster, @waverlinda, and @indiaink, I really appreciate all of your feedback! :wave:

Two other things helped seal the deal. 1) If I hate it, it's probably easy to resell. 2) If I wear this bag over the long haul, my outlet SA told me that I could eventually have it dyed black (if it's looking worn and BV no longer has Quetsche dye).

It was hard to spend that much on a bag right now, because frequent bag splurging is not my M.O. Heck, I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my two medium cervo loops, and I'm also investing a pretty penny to have BV repair & refresh my Indigo shoulder bag, after carrying it nonstop for ~4 years. But when it rains, it pours, right?
I don't think you'll end up hating it. You'll probably spend a few days thinking why did I buy a clutch? It's not like I'll be going out all the time soon. After a while, you'll rationalize getting it. And the all will be good in BV bag land. Lol.

Thank you @indiaink and @waverlinda for posting!
I decided to get the New Steel knot from Saks Off Fifth. Price was $1299 I didn’t get any additional discount but overall a fantastic price for such a beautiful clutch.

This picture is a bit dark but I was so excited I had to post!

Attachments

• 099DFF8D-5EB4-423B-B26C-5FB23CECB604.jpeg
    099DFF8D-5EB4-423B-B26C-5FB23CECB604.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 44