The Flight Attendant on HBO MAX

Tivo

O.G.
Sep 14, 2013
Anybody interested in watching this? The finale aired today I believe but I haven’t binged yet. It looks interesting.

A938D59E-8AE5-47DE-9135-992C4C68F104.png

Description: A flight attendant's life gets turned upside down after she wakes up in a hotel room with a dead man but with no memory of what happened.

Reactions: gelbergirl
Anybody interested in watching this? The finale aired today I believe but I haven’t binged yet. It looks interesting.

View attachment 4932334

Description: A flight attendant's life gets turned upside down after she wakes up in a hotel room with a dead man but with no memory of what happened.

I am on the last ep. It’s not bad, but Cassie the main character makes such bad choices, I find myself getting annoyed.

Would you say it’s suspenseful drama, or more on the comedy side? I don’t want to waste time if the plot isn’t interesting
Definitely not a comedy. More suspenseful drama. A lot of people liked it, but it’s Kelly Couco playing an alcoholic, flight attendant, party girl...so for me it was like Penny’s life if she flew the skies instead of moving to LA only it’s on cable so there are love scenes. What drove me nuts is that she literally has a lawyer telling her Every episode not to do things as it will incriminate her more and she just keeps doing things. I wanted to smack her.

Is it similar to The Undoing at all?
The plot moves much more quickly and I didn't think it was as nearly as dark. I found the Flight Attendant to be lighter, though there are some serious scenes.

I thought the performances in The Undoing though were outstanding, the performances in the Flight Attendant are good. I was impressed by Caley Cuoco who plays the lead, Cassie, the flight attendant. I've only known her from the Big Bang Theory and those commercials she does and thought she was kind of a one note actress, but I thought she did a very good job here.

Like The Undoing there are flashbacks and also there are some surreal scenes where they go into Cassie's head as she struggles to work out what happened (and some issues in her childhood)- I personally liked them but others may not. I found the flashbacks less annoying then in The Undoing.

Best thing to do is to watch the first episode and see what you think.

Reactions: gelbergirl and Tivo
I just finished watching the flight attendant and thought Caley did an excellent job playing an compulsive alcoholic created by an emotional abusive father. I thought her acting was really great and never saw her in a serious role before.
I loved the Undoing more but I found TFA very good to watch.

It was an interesting premise and I thought Kaley Cuoco did a pretty good job but it seemed there wasn't enough substance to the plot to carry it for eight episodes. It seemed a bit padded with the split screen, repetitive flashbacks and side plots. I was intrigued by the lawyer's apartment. I wonder if a glass shower in the middle of the living space is a thing.

Reactions: gelbergirl and Tivo
It was an interesting premise and I thought Kaley Cuoco did a pretty good job but it seemed there wasn't enough substance to the plot to carry it for eight episodes. It seemed a bit padded with the split screen, repetitive flashbacks and side plots. I was intrigued by the lawyer's apartment. I wonder if a glass shower in the middle of the living space is a thing.
It didn't need to be 8 episodes. They're clearly going to have a season 2..so perhaps just 6 would have made more sense.