Is Multi-Quote not a thing anymore?

V0N1B2

Armchair Supermodel
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2009
Just wondering, 'cause I see a lot of people posting 8, 9, 15 posts in a row.
It's a bit excessive, especially when you see a new reply and it's just someone saying "thank you" or "pretty".
Again.
And again.
We used to get a (light) bagslap for that back in the day - I thought it was just an understood rule of polite forum behaviour.
I know moderators can't be everywhere, I get it. I also know that moderation isn't even close to what it used to be like 8-9 years ago (whether you see that as good or bad), but please don't ask me to use the report button. I don't find the eleventy posts in a row offensive, just irritating.
JMO ::kanyeshrug::

It's bad manners, makes me crazy lol
I merge them together when I see them.
Soooooorry, but when you see it, you can report one and we'll see the others, especially if it's the same member all the time!
Just wondering, 'cause I see a lot of people posting 8, 9, 15 posts in a row.
It's a bit excessive, especially when you see a new reply and it's just someone saying "thank you" or "pretty".
Again.
And again.
We used to get a (light) bagslap for that back in the day - I thought it was just an understood rule of polite forum behaviour.
I know moderators can't be everywhere, I get it. I also know that moderation isn't even close to what it used to be like 8-9 years ago (whether you see that as good or bad), but please don't ask me to use the report button. I don't find the eleventy posts in a row offensive, just irritating.
JMO ::kanyeshrug::
The multi quote is great but sometimes the responses are staggered so you answer one and another pops up, then another, you answer that, then another... If you're on as much as I am, you respond as you see them. I always feel rude if I don't acknowledge someone saying they admire something of mine, so what do you do? :confused1: I multi quote whenever I see a bunch though. Maybe just one of the emojis acknowledging the poster? But how do you get that across to everyone?

I see some members literally post 4-10 responses in a row, one at a time in like 4 mins. Those members are taking up nearly full pages, they should definitely be using multi quote. If you post a reveal and want to say thank you to 6 folks, just @ each of them, easier than multi quote!

I see some members literally post 4-10 responses in a row, one at a time in like 4 mins. Those members are taking up nearly full pages, they should definitely be using multi quote. If you post a reveal and want to say thank you to 6 folks, just @ each of them, easier than multi quote!
Do you think it would be worth while having Vlad post something that we all receive with some guidelines on how to respond? I do agree, it does take up a lot of space.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
Do you think it would be worth while having Vlad post something that we all receive with some guidelines on how to respond? I do agree, it does take up a lot of space.

He could. . . but I find that people don't care or read lol. Sucks, but it's true. No one can even read the stuck posts outlining authentication guidelines!

He could. . . but I find that people don't care or read lol. Sucks, but it's true. No one can even read the stuck posts outlining authentication guidelines!
What if it's the first thing they see when they sign on as a one-time post? It's been done before, such as Vlad's mad April fools jokes :lol: . If everyone was forced to see it when they signed on in the morning or whatever my guess it that it may cut down on some of the posts...just a thought.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and RT1
What if it's the first thing they see when they sign on as a one-time post? It's been done before, such as Vlad's mad April fools jokes :lol: . If everyone was forced to see it when they signed on in the morning or whatever my guess it that it may cut down on some of the posts...just a thought.
I hear ya! Out of all of all the big bulletins to post I'm not sure this ranks as very important, just my thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
The multi quote is great but sometimes the responses are staggered so you answer one and another pops up, then another, you answer that, then another... If you're on as much as I am, you respond as you see them. I always feel rude if I don't acknowledge someone saying they admire something of mine, so what do you do? :confused1: I multi quote whenever I see a bunch though. Maybe just one of the emojis acknowledging the poster? But how do you get that across to everyone?
Personally, I use the "like" button as a "thanks/I agree/nice/mmm hmm/yass girl" button.
If something warrants an individual response, I just wait for the hundreds of 2 or 3 accolades to roll in :lol: and then say thank you (personally) or whatever to everyone at the same time. There's is very little on this forum that warrants my immediate reaction. I read these posts yesterday but didn't have the time to devote to replying until now. But that's my life, other people have more time to reply immediately.
Bottom line, people should do what works for them and/or what makes them happy. As long as it isn't 8 posts in a row, responding to 8 different people, then... cool. Otherwise, in the words of a good friend of mine: Ima put that heffa on blast! :lol:
PS: I need to go back to that cool little boutique we went to in your funky town. When the weather picks up and pandemic dies down, we need to go.

I don't use the @ very often, but yeah, that's a good idea - it still notifies people of your response and you can say something personal.
What prompted this thread is that I saw someone in one of the designer forums post 15 posts in a row. Her posts took up an entire page of the thread. I thought it was a touch much.
Nah, a gentle bagslap never hurt anyone :lol:
When you get a notification that your post was edited by a moderator and the reason is "please use multi-quote", you learn. I've had enough "reminders" over the years as I'm sure @Swanky can attest, you tend to be a bit more mindful of the rules.
Or find a creative way to drop a snarkbomb and stay within the rules. :whistle: :lol:

How do you use multi quote. I used to know years ago before I came back to TPF, but but I’ve forgotten and have had some difficulties with the quote button. Now, I try to use @ to thank people; use the like post emoticon; or merely edit my original post. I did read the thread entitled quote function isn’t working.

How do you use multi quote. I used to know years ago before I came back to TPF, but but I’ve forgotten and have had some difficulties with the quote button. Now, I try to use @ to thank people; use the like post emoticon; or merely edit my original post. I did read the thread entitled quote function isn’t working.
As you’re reading just click the quote button under each message you want to respond to. When you’re ready to reply to them click on insert quotes - they’ll all go into the reply box and you can then write your comments underneath each one, and then post.

• Love
Reactions: Meta and 880
As you’re reading just click the quote button under each message you want to respond to. When you’re ready to reply to them click on insert quotes - they’ll all go into the reply box and you can then write your comments underneath each one, and then post.
@Pessie, it worked, thank you so much! you are the best! Now I will be multiquoting everywhere
I’ve always thought a “Thanks” emoji would be really helpful. Like the clasped hands that come up when I’m texting.
Yes, totally agree! A thanks emoji option next to like and love and wow would cut down on so many replies.
:biggrin: