GHW or PHW Picotin 18 Gold? Please help!

Picotin 18 Gold with PHW or GHW

• Picotin 18 Gold with PHW

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Picotin 18 Gold with GHW

Votes: 58 82.9%

• Total voters

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I need your help! I have been searching for a Gold Picotin 18 with GHW and was told it was hard very hard to get. Last week, a Gold Picotin with PHW popped up on Hermes.com and I ordered it even though it was PHW. I overnighted it, and it is very pretty in the PHW. I had my heart set on GHW but seeing the PHW in person--I thought it looked very nice with the white stitching. My SA just contacted me today that a Gold Picotin 18 with GHW just came in. I honestly don't know what to do. I can return the PHW as I am in the return window, and pick up the gold with my SA. What would you do?

I would return the PHW Picotin and get the one with gold hardware. Love gold with gold hardware

That is what I am so tempted to do! I fell silly--really PHW/GHW--both beautiful! But I really like the way gold looks with gold! I looked online and the return policy states that I can do an exchange in store. But I am assuming I will need manager approval etc. And I don't want to insult the SA. It would be so much easier to just exchange the PHW for the GHW and I am in the timeframe. UGH! Do you think I should ask? I don't have a long history with this store--purchased from them a few years ago.

Reactions: RT1
Unless you also want a Kelly, Birkin or other bag in gold/ghw return it online and buy through your SA. Get what you want and patience is the first lesson of Hermes shopping Alas. Online is through a different protocol than your store SA, I am sure he/she will understand, they have probably seen the full range of Hermes dilemma’s! Do check with your friends in case someone wants the good/phw - I once returned something only to then hear from a friend she had been hunting it for six months ...
ps I love both gold/ghw and gold/phw with the lovely white stitching so no bias!

Unless you also want a Kelly, Birkin or other bag in gold/ghw return it online and buy through your SA. Get what you want and patience is the first lesson of Hermes shopping Alas. Online is through a different protocol than your store SA, I am sure he/she will understand, they have probably seen the full range of Hermes dilemma’s! Do check with your friends in case someone wants the good/phw - I once returned something only to then hear from a friend she had been hunting it for six months ...
ps I love both gold/ghw and gold/phw with the lovely white stitching so no bias!

Even though I love the Kelly and the Birkin--I have such a casual life and I just don't see myself ever getting one. So, yes I guess I should get what I really wanted in the first place! So--a little confused about your advice here. Should I just return the PHW to the online store? Or ask to exchange? I don't have a lot of experience with Hermes--so I really appreciate your advice.

Reactions: RT1
Personally, I would select the bag that looked best. These minutia details are so close, so I would judge the bag simply based upon which one looks better to my eye. Either way you can't go wrong.

Reactions: jill39
Even though I love the Kelly and the Birkin--I have such a casual life and I just don't see myself ever getting one. So, yes I guess I should get what I really wanted in the first place! So--a little confused about your advice here. Should I just return the PHW to the online store? Or ask to exchange? I don't have a lot of experience with Hermes--so I really appreciate your advice.
Hi, sorry I meant return the online purchase and buy the g/g as a new purchase, if this is what you decide. The online and stores are not linked so this will be simpler. Good luck!