Lost one of my stud earrings - I could cry!

Tempo

O.G.
Jun 19, 2013
Oh Ladies! I have lost one of my beloved Piaget stud earrings last week. I‘ve searched everywhere, turned the house and the car upside down - nothing. I called my jeweler and meanwhile also contacted Piaget, unfortunately this series is no longer in production, so no replacement is possible.
If you have any idea what I could do with the remaining piece, please let me know!
My last hope: Just in case that one of you has suffered the same fate, get in touch with me, at least we could one of us make happy again.

F0C3CD33-E5B7-4EA6-BBB5-C744F10C1C8D.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 880 and Hurrem1001
Firstly--do you have them on an insurance policy? Getting some $$ might ease the pain (but not much).
Secondly--keep looking!

I know you've turned everything upside down but believe me, these things know how to hide. Go through your clothes hamper, pant cuffs, sofa cushions, pockets, behind the toilet (I know--eww--who knew so many spiders lived there), outside under the deck if you have one. And the car--the stuff I find between seats or on the rear seat floor, unreal.

Recently I took my sofa cushions to be reupholstered and when I pulled them out and off, pushed way back under the back of the sofa I saw a glint of gold and damn--it was a pair of hoop earrings I thought I lost years ago, they were tucked in so tightly, weren't even bent. And I do vacuum the sofa occasionally so they were really hidden well. Good Luck!!:tup:

Now that's a great solution choice! Congrats!
Reminds me of when I lost a pair of Chanel sunglasses when I was dating my now husband. I looked everywhere, under the Porsche seats, went back to a restaurant they could have been left behind at, everywhere. Eventually I replaced them with an identical pair. A couple years later DH sold that car. Before he let it go he gave it a thorough going over and voila! How they got lodged underneath whatever in such a tiny car and never got damaged I'll never know. Now I have two pairs of the same sunnies.
You did the right thing. Replaced a beautiful pair of earrings with a different style. Hopefully when you find the other, you'll be enjoying both pairs.

Oh Ladies! I have lost one of my beloved Piaget stud earrings last week. I‘ve searched everywhere, turned the house and the car upside down - nothing. I called my jeweler and meanwhile also contacted Piaget, unfortunately this series is no longer in production, so no replacement is possible.
If you have any idea what I could do with the remaining piece, please let me know!
My last hope: Just in case that one of you has suffered the same fate, get in touch with me, at least we could one of us make happy again.

View attachment 4770930

This is just an idea, if you don’t find the other earring what about attaching a bale and wearing it as a small pendant?

Reactions: skyqueen
A friend of mine always said the best way to find something you've lost is to stop looking for it! My addition to that would be the best way to find something that's lost is to buy a new one!

Reactions: Hurrem1001
A friend of mine always said the best way to find something you've lost is to stop looking for it! My addition to that would be the best way to find something that's lost is to buy a new one!

Lolz, this 1000%! I don’t know how many times I’ve lost things, replaced them, and then found the original again.

• Wow
Reactions: avcbob
@Cool Breeze @rollercoaster III No, they are not from Piaget nor from any other known brand. They come from a local goldsmith, sold by a small jeweler. I really bought them just because I liked the look. However, they came with a certificate confirming the specs.: 8.40ctw, F, vsi1
They‘re gorgeous. It’s wonderful you supported a local jeweler and goldsmith. You’re lucky to have such creative and talented people in your community.
Btw, how does Piaget’s jewelry compared with Cartier? Thanks and best wishes.

I seem to have lost one of my diamond studs. I've searched all over the bedroom with a flashlight, looked in the washer as the top I was wearing got washed before I realized the earring was missing, looked in the car. I keep thinking maybe it will turn up but if not, IDK if I want to replace it. I haven't been wearing those earrings much lately. I could contact White Flash and get a price on one earring. Or look into lab grown. The restaurant where I wore them monday was closed yesterday. I'll call them and see if anyone found an earring there. I'm pretty sad about this but I think it's in large part because of the monetary value. It's not like me to lose stuff but I guess studs are easier to lose than most things. I lost one of mine during covid due to taking masks on and off but found it in my bra.
Any suggestions? thoughts on lab grown diamond earrings or where to buy them?

I seem to have lost one of my diamond studs. I've searched all over the bedroom with a flashlight, looked in the washer as the top I was wearing got washed before I realized the earring was missing, looked in the car. I keep thinking maybe it will turn up but if not, IDK if I want to replace it. I haven't been wearing those earrings much lately. I could contact White Flash and get a price on one earring. Or look into lab grown. The restaurant where I wore them monday was closed yesterday. I'll call them and see if anyone found an earring there. I'm pretty sad about this but I think it's in large part because of the monetary value. It's not like me to lose stuff but I guess studs are easier to lose than most things. I lost one of mine during covid due to taking masks on and off but found it in my bra.
Any suggestions? thoughts on lab grown diamond earrings or where to buy them?

Magnet?

Don't buy lab, they're losing monetary value day after day. They are good substitute if you just want the look though.

If it were me, I would call the original brand and see how much a single stud would be, but then I would also wear as a single stud and where something that looked meant in the other ear.

• Thanks
Reactions: missie1 and sdkitty
Magnet?

Don't buy lab, they're losing monetary value day after day. They are good substitute if you just want the look though.

If it were me, I would call the original brand and see how much a single stud would be, but then I would also wear as a single stud and where something that looked meant in the other ear.
they're platinum so I don't think a magnet would get them but I can try a magnet on the one that isn't lost and if it works, then use the magnet to look for the other one

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Magnet?

I found the appraisal...I had them for 16 years so I guess I can write it off....what were you thinking about wearing a different earring in the other ear? something like a sapphire stud?