Opinion: Neo Saumur 1854

cly_forever

Sparkle on!
Mar 31, 2013
Good day, everyone.

I do not find a lot of hauls and reviews on the 1854 collection. May I know what are your thoughts on the material in general? I had only seen the material in the Petit Neo and Neverfull, and I thought they were beautiful.

However, I am more surprised to see no one here and youtube posted anything about the Neo Saumur as attached. What do you think of the bag? Spill!

58C532AA-5F49-4BDC-A2DA-901064E25650.png

I live in the US, and the Neo Saumur isn't available here. I have seen plenty of other 1854 pieces at my local boutique though. If you like a piece from the collection, don't hesitate to get one. I'm biased though, since I'm a sucker for mid 19th century to early 20th century art and culture, so this collection is right up my alley.

All the pieces I've seen have been made really well. Even the speedy has a microfiber lining, not canvas. The alignment has also been really good, as if everyone took extra care to make sure each piece was aligned well. Flaps match to the body, and front-side-back seams, like for On the GO, are level to each other and are almost seamless transitions.

I think the collection isn't super popular because of the combo of the price and materials. I don't think most people want to pay even more of a premium (Since 1854 is more expensive than the canvas counterparts) for woven fabric. It's similar to how most people would rather buy leather Chanel bags than tweed.

I've also seen on social media that people think it's grandma-like and tacky. I'm in my mid 20s, and my friends who like fashion hate Since 1854, but they love Gucci canvas and Dior booktotes. I, on the other hand, think the collection is well executed with a thorough vision/story. Ghesquire's team really did their homework on what was going on historically, and I appreciate their level of consideration and care in translating various elements for Since 1854. Does it look "old?" Yes, but it's intentional imo. The art snob in me sees it as a testament to the art, culture, and innovation that existed when LV first started.

I have three pieces from this collection, and I'm looking to get more lol The manager at my boutique said that 1854 is limited, with black/gray being the more produced one. Blue and vachetta will be released around January in the US. I haven't used my bag yet, but I always baby my bags, so I don't foresee this collection being any more high maintenance.

I live in the US, and the Neo Saumur isn't available here. I have seen plenty of other 1854 pieces at my local boutique though. If you like a piece from the collection, don't hesitate to get one. I'm biased though, since I'm a sucker for mid 19th century to early 20th century art and culture, so this collection is right up my alley.

All the pieces I've seen have been made really well. Even the speedy has a microfiber lining, not canvas. The alignment has also been really good, as if everyone took extra care to make sure each piece was aligned well. Flaps match to the body, and front-side-back seams, like for On the GO, are level to each other and are almost seamless transitions.

I think the collection isn't super popular because of the combo of the price and materials. I don't think most people want to pay even more of a premium (Since 1854 is more expensive than the canvas counterparts) for woven fabric. It's similar to how most people would rather buy leather Chanel bags than tweed.

I've also seen on social media that people think it's grandma-like and tacky. I'm in my mid 20s, and my friends who like fashion hate Since 1854, but they love Gucci canvas and Dior booktotes. I, on the other hand, think the collection is well executed with a thorough vision/story. Ghesquire's team really did their homework on what was going on historically, and I appreciate their level of consideration and care in translating various elements for Since 1854. Does it look "old?" Yes, but it's intentional imo. The art snob in me sees it as a testament to the art, culture, and innovation that existed when LV first started.

I have three pieces from this collection, and I'm looking to get more lol The manager at my boutique said that 1854 is limited, with black/gray being the more produced one. Blue and vachetta will be released around January in the US. I haven't used my bag yet, but I always baby my bags, so I don't foresee this collection being any more high maintenance.
Wow, thank you for your insights! I thought I was alone for liking the woven fabric collection. I will have to decide if I will use it enough to justify the price

Reactions: Georgee Girl LV
For me the Saumur is the n.1 of this collection and Deauville n.2, because they have some black that balance and define the fabric. I mean I was thinking about the Métis, but I would have liked it more if the bottom part, or the top, would have been black, as in the Saumur.

• Love
Reactions: cly_forever
For me the Saumur is the n.1 of this collection and Deauville n.2, because they have some black that balance and define the fabric. I mean I was thinking about the Métis, but I would have liked it more if the bottom part, or the top, would have been black, as in the Saumur.
The black and white appeals to me, too, although it was the red and brown combi that I saw on the Petit Noe first, which caught my interest. Material was quite thick and well woven that I believe it will not fray.

Reactions: Tsvetid
I have been waiting for the khaki color featured on the fall/winter runway to appear. Then I wanted to decide on a 1854 purchase. I do think it is unique and love that fact that it is light weight. Any one know anything about that color?

Reactions: dodgegirl21