Dear Dooney.com, please get your act together.

I haven't posted in a while, but came to the forum today just to see if anyone else had their card charged with an unspecified or unauthorized purchase. I haven't shopped at Dooney.com for more than a year and they do not have my debit card on file because I have a new one. However, recently I have shopped at ILoveDooney and the the D&B outlets. Today I have a 46.00 charge on my debit card from Dooney.com. I have filed a transaction dispute with my bank.

This is so upsetting. Thank you so much for corroborating my experience. Although they charged you a much smaller amount than they did me, it is even more disturbing because at least I have placed two orders on Dooney.com within the past 30 days, while you haven't used that site in a long time and they got your info from their other connections.

I hate this so much. I hate feeling this way about a company that makes products that have given me such delight. This is part of the feeling of betrayal. They always seem to burn the customers who love them the most, coming back over and over.

This is so upsetting. Thank you so much for corroborating my experience. Although they charged you a much smaller amount than they did me, it is even more disturbing because at least I have placed two orders on Dooney.com within the past 30 days, while you haven't used that site in a long time and they got your info from their other connections.

I hate this so much. I hate feeling this way about a company that makes products that have given me such delight. This is part of the feeling of betrayal. They always seem to burn the customers who love them the most, coming back over and over.
Yes, it is very disappointing. I had two more bags I really wanted from Dooney, but I refuse to order them after this experience. I hope your situation gets resolved, because as you indicated, Dooney's lack of CS is horrific, therefore no way of knowing when they will resolve this issue.

Ladies, if you have an issue, please be sure to call your credit card company or bank for a debit card.
Get them to help sort things out. They have more clout and get faster responses than we do.
Also, your protection against fraudulent charges usually requires that you report them in a certain time frame.

Ladies, if you have an issue, please be sure to call your credit card company or bank for a debit card.
Get them to help sort things out. They have more clout and get faster responses than we do.
Also, your protection against fraudulent charges usually requires that you report them in a certain time frame.
Yes, I reported the charge to my bank as soon as I noticed the debit from my bank account.

Purpleflower123, hopefully you can get your situation resolved. Thanks for adding your experience to this discussion.
I have a purse coming...soon as I get that order I will call my bank...I have printed out every purchase for the past 6 months and cross checked it with my credit card...doesn't make sense. I am not pleased. ILD seems so much easier to deal with...isn't it really the same company? I think the issue is using dooney pay....that seems to be a major issue. They seem to double charge...and the dates don't line up.

I have a purse coming...soon as I get that order I will call my bank...I have printed out every purchase for the past 6 months and cross checked it with my credit card...doesn't make sense. I am not pleased. ILD seems so much easier to deal with...isn't it really the same company? I think the issue is using dooney pay....that seems to be a major issue. They seem to double charge...and the dates don't line up.
Many companies post temporary charges to credit cards to reserve the money
if you are using a pay over time feature like Dooney pay or easy pay or flex pay, etc.
These charges fall away until the time when the next payment is due and then
they are confirmed. Companies have a set time (usually 3 days) to confirm a charge
or it will disappear.

I've also found that sometimes the amount reserved doesn't reflect all the
discounts. When you are billed, it's the accurate amount. But the
'reserve' is rounded up. HSN does that.

Spent the afternoon doing some forensic accounting and sent an email to Dooney.com inquiring about my additional fee...will not use their dooney pay again. The dates that they claim to charge you in the dooney pay summary do not align with when they ACTUALLY charge your account...leading to more confusion.

Purpleflower: good for you to be analyzing and pursuing the charges. We all need to understand
what is happening with our credit cards and be sure all the charges are valid. Outside of errors,
there is just too much scamming/hacking going on that companies themselves can't control.

Lots of companies these days offer some form of easy pay, like Dooney pay. And each company has it's own 'process' and 'rules'. It just makes
me leery as to what is in the fine print. How many of us read all the terms and conditions, or can even
understand them. (Even the smartest of us :smile: are generally not trained contract lawyers). So, most of us just 'assume' the programs are similar and if the company is legit, then it will all be ok. But we know that assumptions aren't always true.

And often these pay over time programs are actually run by
third parties, so it's one more layer of conflicting objectives (and risk to the consumer).

Having the option to split up large payments without added interest can be very
helpful when making a purchase. As a budgeting tool it's great. And it tends to
encourage us to buy more.... is that good or bad? But we have to stay on top of
the money to be sure it all ends up the way it's supposed to. And the more we buy,
from the more places, the more work it becomes to keep track of things.

And for some people, when their credit card is 'charged' with a temporary
amount that might not go through, it does still tie up the spending level they
have. And that can create it's own problems if someone is trying to keep things
balanced within limited resources.

Wow...not good. I will only purchase online with a cc never my debit card... I am still waiting on a response from Dooney. I may consider getting a new cc number if this continues...and figuring out a way around Dooney.com

I'm so sorry this happened to you all. Thank you for sharing. I just casncelled a Florentine Medium pocket satchel for my sister (milestone gift) as I wasn't sure if it was right for her. My order says cancelled but I will keep an eye on charges thank you! Hope you all get resolution, yikes. ILD Has always been easier imo to deal with.

Update: the [very high dollar amount] Dooney.com charged my credit card out of thin air finally posted for good; it is not a phantom pending charge and is now part of my card statement requiring payment.

Note: I did not use DooneyPay recently and in fact have never used it.

This was an entirely fabricated charge on Dooney's part that they were able to execute because I, a repeat customer of several years, had stored my credit card on Dooney.com because they did not accept PayPal at the time and the bag I wanted was a Dooney.com exclusive.

I have only had super-easy transactions and dealings with ILoveDooney, BTW. And I have had dozens of orders with them over the years.

When I called the credit card bank, a large national institution, to dispute the charges, the phone agent let me know I was NOT the first person that day to dispute charges from Dooney.com.

The agent said she had to cancel my card for Fraud and will send me a new one at the most inconvenient time of the year to have a credit card cancelled and out of commission temporarily.

Most daunting to me is that I will need to dig up all my old passwords for the various subscriptions and utility vendors for which I have credit card auto-payments set up and enter my new card info.

All of this because of Dooney's continued, unresolved malfeasance in accounting and billing practices.

And they have blocked us from communicating with them via the three formats advertised on their site.

And they have not even graced their loyal customers with an email notifying us of an error in billing, which almost every company these days would do/has done.

They are a disgrace!

• Angry
Reactions: Bestbagyet