Debating: Shall I keep both nano Speedy?

Keep or Not Keep

• Keep 2 nano speedy (1 for me +1 for daughter)

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Keep 1 nano speedy and look for another Nano Noe

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Get all: 2 nano speedy + 1 nano noe

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

deedeedor

O.G.
Dec 3, 2011
I was stalking nano noe tonight and was trying to add it back to my mini bag collection. Although I was not in love with it, I felt the collection is missing a significant classic member. I bought and return one last week, because it was sitting weird crossbody. The shape was weird. I was not in love with it. Now I found myself regretting the return and was back online stalking.

While I was stalking tonight, a nano speedy popped up and without thinking I bought it. This would be the second one I scored in a week and now I had two.

I bought it so I can give it to my daughter later (age 12). I bought her a mini speedy HL when she was little.

(1) Mini speedy HL does not not fit her cell phone. So she really has no use of it any more.

(2) I just noticed the old mini speedt was made in my son’s birth year ( never bother to check before). Now I would rather preserve it than use it.

So I was thinking to swap it out with the 2nd nano speedy instead.

Debating:
If I should really keep both nano speedy ( very practical bag and I truly love) or shall I return one and continue to seek for a nano noe to add to the mini bag collection just because.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Well... Sounds to me you already know your answer:
The nano speedy cannot be used as a handbag. The nano noe doesn't suit you well, plus you are only wanting it for your collection, "just because".
You returned it, trust your first feeling.
(That happened to me also, at a less expensive scale: I purchased a APC demi-lune crossbody, and returned it fir it didn't suit me + it hardly contained my wallet and phone. I regretted, and purchased it again second-hand. Used it for about 2 weeks, and it kept annoying me. Sold it, and even if I didn't lose any money, it was all a hassle for not having trusted my feeling).
You can always lend or hand over your nano speedy to your daughter if she feels like wearing it.
Also, I'm afraid that nano bags are getting out of style sooner or later.

Well... Sounds to me you already know your answer:
The nano speedy cannot be used as a handbag. The nano noe doesn't suit you well, plus you are only wanting it for your collection, "just because".
You returned it, trust your first feeling.
(That happened to me also, at a less expensive scale: I purchased a APC demi-lune crossbody, and returned it fir it didn't suit me + it hardly contained my wallet and phone. I regretted, and purchased it again second-hand. Used it for about 2 weeks, and it kept annoying me. Sold it, and even if I didn't lose any money, it was all a hassle for not having trusted my feeling).
You can always lend or hand over your nano speedy to your daughter if she feels like wearing it.
Also, I'm afraid that nano bags are getting out of style sooner or later.

Thank you for taking your time to reply!!!

Yes! Agreed that noe is a just because...I should not waste my time.

There are never ending things we can collect. Maybe I should stick with what I really love.

Nano speedy is practical and useful. Despite fashion and trend, I love small bags. The first one is a keeper no matter it is in style or not.

It is a matter of whether I need two or not.

I tend to collect favourite things in pair which I am working on to avoid. I like the bag so much that I might not want to hand down to my daughter later haha so I get her own speedy instead.

Speedy is such a
1) a classic design
2) light weight
3) durable
4) fits What I normally carry
5) at a reasonable price point now

Maybe it is worth keeping the 2nd one for daughter?

I am such a virgo haha

If i can get another nano speedy i will definitely get it. I already have one and i love it so much. I always see myself grabbing it and use it much more than my PA now. It has a honey patina now so im not really worried about the stains. For me its a carefree bag and fits all my essentials. I am actually considering to get one more so if my first one is worn off, then i still have one more as a back up. Im sure after 10yrs the price of changing the vachetta from my first nano speedy might be almost the same as the price of the bag now. I think its worth it if you love it and really use it.

Reactions: deedeedor
If i can get another nano speedy i will definitely get it. I already have one and i love it so much. I always see myself grabbing it and use it much more than my PA now. It has a honey patina now so im not really worried about the stains. For me its a carefree bag and fits all my essentials. I am actually considering to get one more so if my first one is worn off, then i still have one more as a back up. Im sure after 10yrs the price of changing the vachetta from my first nano speedy might be almost the same as the price of the bag now. I think its worth it if you love it and really use it.

Thank you for your inputs dear! I have not thought about 10year down the road. It was just so hard to get the nano speedy and my thought of “what if I need to get another one “caught me . The LV sales tactic seemed to really get me in that sense when they make certain bag so limited or they discontinue certain bag from time to time.

If they would have always have the product in stock, I probably would not get two.

I truly love the nano speedy though. Cute and practical. Great size. Classic design and stand the test of time.

Wont go wrong to keep two right? Haha

I have the nano and the mini HL speedy. I like them both. I also purposely upgraded to the iPhone 12 mini so it would fit in the nano I love so much. (It fits in the mini HL even with a bulky case!) I don't think you should get the nano noe again. You said very clearly it was "weird and you were not in love with it." I had the same experience and returned mine also (it was purchased preloved).

You have the nano sac plat too right? Perhaps you have reached nano bag peace for yourself? I think with the nanos, part of the excitement is the hunt and getting them when they are so hard to get.

If your daughter loves LV, will take care of the bag and keep it for years, I think it's a cute bag for her to have and, it's a "cheaper" option for an LV bag. Or you guys can share one nano and she use yours when you are using another bag.

Let us know what you decide!

I have the nano and the mini HL speedy. I like them both. I also purposely upgraded to the iPhone 12 mini so it would fit in the nano I love so much. (It fits in the mini HL even with a bulky case!) I don't think you should get the nano noe again. You said very clearly it was "weird and you were not in love with it." I had the same experience and returned mine also (it was purchased preloved).

You have the nano sac plat too right? Perhaps you have reached nano bag peace for yourself? I think with the nanos, part of the excitement is the hunt and getting them when they are so hard to get.

If your daughter loves LV, will take care of the bag and keep it for years, I think it's a cute bag for her to have and, it's a "cheaper" option for an LV bag. Or you guys can share one nano and she use yours when you are using another bag.

Oh dear! Thank you for sharing the light! And you were so right! It was the hunting process that was so much fun and created so much excitement. I enjoyed the process.

Yes, for mini bags I have
1) mini speedy hl

2) nano speedy x2

3) petite sac plat

4) mini palm spring x 2
me: world tour version
Daughter: plain version

5) mini pochette x 2
Me: monogram
Daughter: xmas version

And yes, i was not in love with nano noe. It took me two minute to decide when I received it.

For my girl, she fell in love with the monogram pattern. It was like love at first sight. She also loves mini bags. I am sure she will really enjoy the speedy nano. I already got the palm spring mini for xmas for her. That was her pick for her favourite bag when we did the bag browsing together. I decided to surprise her with it this xmas.

So maybe speedy nano can be a gift for another occasion later.

Seems like keeping both nano speedy could be a joyful decision to make now we have another set of classic mom n daughter bags.

Whether or not to get another nano noe might be another question.

1) enjoyed the hunt for nano noe. I was satisfied

2) not having it in my collection? Sometime I look at other people’s picture I fell in love again.

Maybe: I will hold off hunting for a noe, wait and see if I still miss it in a couple of month. I can always hunt again next year and enjoy those moments of excitement.

For now:

2 nano speedy

No nano noe

Just for now haha

Last edited:
Reactions: JadaStormy
I have a question : what are the differences between mini HL speedy and speedy nano ? Used to have a mini HL years ago but it was too small, I gifted it to a friend ...

I have a question : what are the differences between mini HL speedy and speedy nano ? Used to have a mini HL years ago but it was too small, I gifted it to a friend ...

Mini HL similar width, shorter, removable strap

Nano speedy, taller, bigger , non detachable strap.

Attachments

• D29F8ECA-2353-4A16-9D06-F55AE819FE5E.jpeg
    D29F8ECA-2353-4A16-9D06-F55AE819FE5E.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 41

I am such a sucker for mini bags...

I ordered the nano noe too.

End decision: 2 nano speedy + 1 nano noe

Now I can lay them out together, say good morning to them everyday and smile hahahhaahahha

They were too cute to resist.

Oh my God ! I just got the iPhone 12 mini today and it is so suitable for speed nano.:nuts: At first I thought, who in their right mind would choose a phone for a bag,:hrmm: but then I decided what the hell, I'm so tired of big phones. This was the best solution. :heart:And yes, I also got a second nano speed, for a growing daughter)))

Reactions: deedeedor
Oh my God ! I just got the iPhone 12 mini today and it is so suitable for speed nano.:nuts: At first I thought, who in their right mind would choose a phone for a bag,:hrmm: but then I decided what the hell, I'm so tired of big phones. This was the best solution. :heart:And yes, I also got a second nano speed, for a growing daughter)))

Great mind think alike!!!! Hahahhah I was looking into the iphone 12 mini and considering getting it for my mini bags hahahhahha

Reactions: JuliannaFox