Despite crazy price, I am still looking at my 1st Chanel (but WOC) would it resell ok? or should I just go vintage flap?

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
Back in 2007 I looked into buying a classic quilted flap, medium size. Black lambskin with GHW. It was too much for my budget but if only I had known....haha! Also, I couldn´t justify an everyday use, being quite casual in my style.
I have had a bad year (healthwise), I never got to purchase my present to myself for my promotion last year as I was hesitating between a Max Mara coat, leather boots or a handbag.
I have been lurking on Vestiaire Collective and can see that many brands lose a lot in resale value, but Chanel classic flap is at the price it was sold for 10 years ago. So I was wondering if that price (around 3000 €) should be best spent towards a brand new classic WOC or a vintage flap...And if you think it will keep some of its value the years to come despite the insane price increases it has seen this year?
I prefer black lambskin, and don´t know about Gold or silver HW? Also, I haven´t contacted any store, is there a waiting list usually for the WOC ? When do they release new season? (it´s only silver HW right now)
side note : I am so afraid of counterfeit and all....

• Love
Reactions: 880
They are very different in size and how you can wear them.
You need to ask your self what do you want the bag for as that will determine which you go for and how much you need it to fit.
When I was looking in store last weekend I was considering the WOC but went for the mini rectangular( this was my first Chanel bag purchase and went with the harder to get item ) . The SA told me the classic WOC is always available , they had 15 + different black WOC versions to pick from.
Have fun making your decision

They are very different in size and how you can wear them.
You need to ask your self what do you want the bag for as that will determine which you go for and how much you need it to fit.
When I was looking in store last weekend I was considering the WOC but went for the mini rectangular( this was my first Chanel bag purchase and went with the harder to get item ) . The SA told me the classic WOC is always available , they had 15 + different black WOC versions to pick from.
Have fun making your decision
I actually really like the mini flap and rectangular! Thanks for suggesting it.
Do you think, when I finally make my way to Paris, I can just show up at the boutique and expect them to have most things in stock or should I call beforehand?

I would like something small, for a cards wallet and phone, that I can have as a special evening bag or to add that bit of luxury accessory to a day outfit. A little bling but not too bling.

Given current resale prices, you may as well buy brand new, unless you come across a good deal from a reputable seller. I came across a black lambskin classic flap on eBay and ended up getting it for 1/2 of some of the resale sites, and got it authenticated here.
Well done!!
But second hand the classic medium flaps are at 3000€ which is the price of a brand new WOC, not a mini I don’t think? But almost half price of a brand new medium flap so I don’t quite understand what you mean?
Btw I’m not 100% decided on the size, I might prefer smaller than medium classic flap...

I actually really like the mini flap and rectangular! Thanks for suggesting it.
Do you think, when I finally make my way to Paris, I can just show up at the boutique and expect them to have most things in stock or should I call beforehand?

I would like something small, for a cards wallet and phone, that I can have as a special evening bag or to add that bit of luxury accessory to a day outfit. A little bling but not too bling.

The WOC and mini rectangular will fit what you have listed above and be used for evening or daytime (IMO)
To maximum space in the WOC you should use the card holders in the bag and zip compartments for coins etc ( as your wallet ).This way it gives you more space to add keys etc.

I would check before you go as their are multiple Chanel stores in Paris. You want to go to the one that has your option.
The classic WOC in black has both GHW and SHW and both hardwares in lamb skin and caviar.
The rectangular mini in black comes out in different seasons with different hardware and quitting. Mine is from the newest collection 21C
When are you going to Paris?

Well done!!
But second hand the classic medium flaps are at 3000€ which is the price of a brand new WOC, not a mini I don’t think? But almost half price of a brand new medium flap so I don’t quite understand what you mean?
Btw I’m not 100% decided on the size, I might prefer smaller than medium classic flap...
I was responding to your mention of the price of medium classic flaps, which are currently $5,800-$6500 U.S. here, close to the same as a good condition second hand flap. So I was just saying if it cost the same used, you may as well go for new, unless you find a pre-loved one in great condition from a seller that doesn’t charge sales tax. Fashionphile recently started charging sales tax in my state, so it doesn’t save much money to buy from them.

Reactions: mellecyn
I bought a WOC because I bought into the hype. Saw so many videos on YouTube and heard so many people say that it fits a lot. When I actually got the bag, I realized that was not true at all and truth be told, I hated it so much. I sold it a couple of years later for about the same price I got it for, so at least I didn’t really lose money on it. However in retrospect it is better to get the bag you truly want, and not a cheaper one. I would always recommend proper bag over something like a WOC.

The WOC and mini rectangular will fit what you have listed above and be used for evening or daytime (IMO)
To maximum space in the WOC you should use the card holders in the bag and zip compartments for coins etc ( as your wallet ).This way it gives you more space to add keys etc.

I would check before you go as their are multiple Chanel stores in Paris. You want to go to the one that has your option.
The classic WOC in black has both GHW and SHW and both hardwares in lamb skin and caviar.
The rectangular mini in black comes out in different seasons with different hardware and quitting. Mine is from the newest collection 21C
Oh that sounds really good!! I really think the rectangular might be it. Even if I need to see in person.
Well, Europe is deep under covid restrictions right now so I won’t travel to Paris until it’s kind of safer to do so....I think....maybe next spring? Still time to save!

I was responding to your mention of the price of medium classic flaps, which are currently $5,800-$6500 U.S. here, close to the same as a good condition second hand flap. So I was just saying if it cost the same used, you may as well go for new, unless you find a pre-loved one in great condition from a seller that doesn’t charge sales tax. Fashionphile recently started charging sales tax in my state, so it doesn’t save much money to buy from them.
Oh I see. Of course.
I just found a luxury reseller, with showroom on appointment, that sells classic medium flaps for around 3000 euros same as on VC except you can actually see them. But I think now I want something smaller than a medium.

Do you know when they release new seasons rectangular mini?

The bags are both very different. If you are like me and an idea never leaves your head, get the reissue before the prices are even more uncomfortable. A puzzle is also pre-loved a great deal, the price hikes are not enormous yet and Loewe has sales.

I love the puzzle but if you are ever interested in any Chanel bag at all, they will only go up.
Do you know when they release new seasons rectangular mini?
Every other season

Im new to Chanel as well but the following is what I’ve learnt
The season are
C,P,S,A,B and K

C,S and B
C (cruise ) which drops into stores between November and January

S ( spring act 2) which drop in store anywhere between March and June

B (Fall/ winter act 1) Drop into stores anywhere between June and October

P,A and K are the mini reissues

If I’m wrong someone please correct me.