confirmed address vs. verified account

ivysun

Sep 21, 2006
hello! can anyone tell me the difference (in terms of benefit for the seller) between a confirmed address and a verified account?

My buyer on ebay told me he is getting his account verified by paypal. Is that the same as confirming an address. Do I need him to do both in order to get the seller's protection? Thanks!

hello! can anyone tell me the difference (in terms of benefit for the seller) between a confirmed address and a verified account?

My buyer on ebay told me he is getting his account verified by paypal. Is that the same as confirming an address. Do I need him to do both in order to get the seller's protection? Thanks!

Verified means that the account holder has attached a bank account to their PP account. If someone is unverified, they are using their credit card to pay through PP. Verified is not the same as confirming the shipping address. Confirming the shipping address means that the shipping address matches the billing address for the account holder's credit card. In order to get seller protection you have to ship to a confirmed shipping address, but the buyer does not have to be verified.