VCA suggestions for mature ladies aged 50 and above?

oranGetRee

**I am a Vain Pot**
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
As I grow my VCA collection, I am looking out more and more for pieces that can last me till I am much older (50s, 60s and beyond).

pls share your thoughts on the above to help me shortlist the pieces for my next purchase. :heart:

greatly appreciate the help!

Reactions: hhw
I am new to VCA there are definitely people here that can give much better advice than me so I will make a comment based on my aesthetics. First of all I would say: everything that makes you happy! However if I have to choose I would recommend not very small pieces like butterfly, mini frivole, VA, and sweets. Magic pendant is definitely great option. I am in my mid 20s and I love the look of it and I see it as my lifetime piece. I also love the rose de noel on women above 40. (Please don’t get me wrong, I dont want to discriminate anyone I just say it like this because you specifically asked for it :angel:) It is truely an artwork and it looks very elegant on that age group. I feel like people below 40 cannot really carry that piece as good as people above 40.
I also think perlee line fits very good with mang people but especially above 40. I would also maybe opt for guilloche pieces and avoid hammered gold pieces because they might look a bit underwhelming in general :angel:

Not sure if 50+ is all that mature, when my mom still tells me some styles i pick are for old ladies :biggrin: It also depends on your personal style preferences and hair ans skin tone. I’m 53 (relatively new to VCA) and I like bigger pieces of jewelry generally in unmatched combinations. I wear it all casually with jeans. Also after decades of all white gold, DH and my jeweler said that yellow and pink gold are more flattering to my skintone. For the Alhambra collection, i think vintage size is too small (I’m 5,2” and medium build). i like the six motif magic white, grey and black MOP (12K usd) bc I think it elongates the neck. My VCA SA also likes the two motif earring on me (for the same elongation) but he also thinks it’s fun and young (7K usd for carnelian; 15k pave and MOP) . The buton d’or (Yg/wg) is moreish in attitude but also moreish in price (28K) . Hopefully you can try a bunch of things on and experiment. I also liked the Jackie O Etruscan cuff (33K) ; the liane necklace (100-168K); and the lotus ring (33K) but eliminated them for various reasons for now. You should get Whatever makes your heart sing. The middle pic is the buton d’or Earrings. The bracelet in the same combo (no colors) was 48K, I think. (Not sure if I got all the prices Right; it’s only my recollection when I remembered to ask)
DCDD7E15-96CE-417F-9940-50CFB9A6DA2D.jpeg18D8F2C3-2910-42DD-8E2F-6EB3C2F269C0.jpeg9610CCD4-376D-4F0C-8171-558A422A2046.jpeg

Last edited:
Check out sassy_gran_doris on Instagram. She wears mop in 20 motif and is still rocking her 2 motif drop earrings. She wears a lot of Alhambra, and I’m pretty sure she’s in her 90s. So if you love something, wear the hell out of it

I checked out her insta! Wow! She got style and rocks her jewellery super well. Thanks for the recommendation! :love:

Not sure if 50+ is all that mature, when my mom still tells me some styles i pick are for old ladies :biggrin: It also depends on your personal style preferences and hair ans skin tone. I’m 53 (relatively new to VCA) and I like bigger pieces of jewelry generally in unmatched combinations. I wear it all casually with jeans. Also after decades of all white gold, DH and my jeweler said that yellow and pink gold are more flattering to my skintone. For the Alhambra collection, i think vintage size is too small (I’m 5,2” and medium build). i like the six motif magic white, grey and black MOP (12K usd) bc I think it elongates the neck. My VCA SA also likes the two motif earring on me (for the same elongation) but he also thinks it’s fun and young (7K usd for carnelian; 15k pave and MOP) . The buton d’or (Yg/wg) is moreish in attitude but also moreish in price (28K) . Hopefully you can try a bunch of things on and experiment. I also liked the Jackie O Etruscan cuff (33K) ; the liane necklace (100-168K); and the lotus ring (33K) but eliminated them for various reasons. You should get Whatever makes your heart sing. The middle pic is the buton d’or Earrings. The bracelet in the same combo (no colors) was 48K, I think. (Not sure if I got all the prices Right; it’s only my recollection when I remembered to ask)
View attachment 4922404View attachment 4922406View attachment 4922429
i actually quite like the bouton d’or earrings on you, this color combo is feminine and classy, yet playful. have you tried the other colors it comes in? i think you could seriously rock this one https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...on-d-or/vcarp1ai00---bouton-dor-earrings.html
love this combo of turq and lapis, and the yg really makes it luxuriant

• Love
Reactions: 880
i will be 60 in april ,i love all vca, if you love it wear it ,i have just ordered the rose gold mop bracelet with diamonds, i will get the matching 2 motif earings for my 60th , these are my favorite items

Attachments

• IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1133.JPG
    IMG_1133.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20181223_094910_635.jpg
    IMG_20181223_094910_635.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 201
  • vca bond street 002.jpg
    vca bond street 002.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 175
i actually quite like the bouton d’or earrings on you, this color combo is feminine and classy, yet playful. have you tried the other colors it comes in? i think you could seriously rock this one https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...on-d-or/vcarp1ai00---bouton-dor-earrings.html
love this combo of turq and lapis, and the yg really makes it luxuriant
Thank you so much for your kind words! I LOVE color and adored the two tone blue and the red. but, in color, the earrings and bracelet wore me, rather than me wearing them. :sad: It didn’t help that DH and the SA/SM all thought the colors were too busy on my frame. . . The wg/yg earrings are on my list to purchase next year, bc right now focus is on a Verdura cuff. (DH likes a playful vibe, but prefers Verdura Belperron playful to VCA playful). Since I’m new to jewelry, it tends to be agroup vote among me, DH and the jewelry professional(s).
hugs

Last edited:
Not sure if 50+ is all that mature, when my mom still tells me some styles i pick are for old ladies :biggrin: It also depends on your personal style preferences and hair ans skin tone. I’m 53 (relatively new to VCA) and I like bigger pieces of jewelry generally in unmatched combinations. I wear it all casually with jeans. Also after decades of all white gold, DH and my jeweler said that yellow and pink gold are more flattering to my skintone. For the Alhambra collection, i think vintage size is too small (I’m 5,2” and medium build). i like the six motif magic white, grey and black MOP (12K usd) bc I think it elongates the neck. My VCA SA also likes the two motif earring on me (for the same elongation) but he also thinks it’s fun and young (7K usd for carnelian; 15k pave and MOP) . The buton d’or (Yg/wg) is moreish in attitude but also moreish in price (28K) . Hopefully you can try a bunch of things on and experiment. I also liked the Jackie O Etruscan cuff (33K) ; the liane necklace (100-168K); and the lotus ring (33K) but eliminated them for various reasons for now. You should get Whatever makes your heart sing. The middle pic is the buton d’or Earrings. The bracelet in the same combo (no colors) was 48K, I think. (Not sure if I got all the prices Right; it’s only my recollection when I remembered to ask)
View attachment 4922404View attachment 4922406View attachment 4922429
i will be 60 in april ,i love all vca, if you love it wear it ,i have just ordered the rose gold mop bracelet with diamonds, i will get the matching 2 motif earings for my 60th , these are my favorite items
Just gorgeous, Ladies!

The great thing about VCA is that most of it is timeless and not for a certain age. I am in the 60s category and adore VCA. I usually recommend that younger women avoid Sweet Alhambra because I think it was originally intended for children and won't work well as you age. But other than that, I'd say any of it will work. I personally do not buy the VA pendants, but earrings, bracelets, 10s and 20s are fine. I love the long Magic pendants but haven't started those yet!