New vachetta - leave her naked or should I tan her?

KirstLwa

Oct 26, 2020
Hi Ladies

New LV Graceful MM owner here!! Happy to be part of the LV fam!!

I can’t decide whether to do the patina champ method on the vachetta strap and tab or just leave it to age gracefully and naturally and not put anything at all on it!!

I live in Australia so coming into summer she will see a lot of sunlight through use and no rain so should I just use her and not do anything, knowing that by the time it rains, it should already have developed some patina and water staining won’t happen?

Would love some advice!

thanks!

Reactions: Namwan-
Thanks everyone!

So put nothing on her at all and just pains naturally!

Once the patina starts, is it then ‘sealed’ for want of a better word and water etc won’t mark as much??

thanks!!

No product. Just doing patina champ method. You can find it somewhere on this forum. It works like magic on all my vachetta. No watermark. I didn’t baby my speedy at all because it was my baby bag and now is my travel bag. :biggrin:

Thank you! I got my first Louis Vuitton bag last month and am a total newbie to patina!!

Starting my research now!:biggrin:

Reactions: balen.girl
I have many bags with vachetta. I’ve only treated one. That one is a 27 year old Alma that I bought for a very good price. Every Brand new LV with vachetta that I own I have not touched. I follow the care instructions from LV and they stress to not treat. My bags from 2005 on have developed beautiful, light, even patina. I keep my bags in dust bags in my closet when not in use. Yes, if you really inspect my bags up close you will see very faint spots. My very first bag, new in 2005, speedy 35, has been used and used. The patina is still light and beautiful but if I look closely there are spots on the handles.
I really rely on the makers of my bags, be it LV or Chanel for care instructions. They created the bags, they know how to best care for their product.
just my opinion. Many people have treated their bags with success, I choose not to put product on mine.

Thanks all! I’m not going to treat it!!

In regards to colour transfer, I do wear denim but not dark denim! I presume that will be ok when I’m wearing it on the crook of my arm??

also, what about when wearing say a black leather jacket??

thanks so much!

Hi Ladies

New LV Graceful MM owner here!! Happy to be part of the LV fam!!

I can’t decide whether to do the patina champ method on the vachetta strap and tab or just leave it to age gracefully and naturally and not put anything at all on it!!

I live in Australia so coming into summer she will see a lot of sunlight through use and no rain so should I just use her and not do anything, knowing that by the time it rains, it should already have developed some patina and water staining won’t happen?

Would love some advice!

thanks!
I’m in Australia too. Don’t touch it lol. It’ll do it’s own thing and will patina beautifully.

Reactions: Loriad