Chanel repair at Chanel Boutique

Rose_bubbles

Nov 15, 2016
Ladies,
I took my Mini Rectangular Flap Bag to Chanel boutique to fix it. Bag bought in July 2017, but honestly, this is my 4th times using it. I was disappointed because look like this is defected bag. The tiny leather part to hold the strap was broke. Service charge for this replacement is $165. Post it here in case if anyone needs. I’m not sure if anyone got the cheaper charge for this.

7344FFFB-FDA4-4455-B40B-A9C885BF0135.jpeg

AAFAE173-C889-4999-9526-44C6ECB36A52.jpeg

I am not in the US. And I would assume Chanel policy is same worldwide. Nonetheless, I just wanted to share my experience. I have sent several items for repair, some were more than 5 years, some were few months old, and they never charged me anything. Always free of charge. So I am surprised they charged for for the repair.

Thanks for sharing. That’s actually shocking. I bought my mini last year and have been using it quite a lot. I’m quite anxious after seeing this...

I am not in the US. And I would assume Chanel policy is same worldwide. Nonetheless, I just wanted to share my experience. I have sent several items for repair, some were more than 5 years, some were few months old, and they never charged me anything. Always free of charge. So I am surprised they charged for for the repair.
Wow, that’s nice of the customer services there. The SA told me the bag over 2 years old so there was charge incurred.

My mum had a similar problem with her Chanel mini last year. They didn't charge her anything for fixing it; I believe it was around 6 months after she bought bag
Do you remember what was the services title did the SA put on that ? Mine was “ External Leather/Farbic-Restitch Exterior/Quilting “, but it doesn’t sound right to me compare to the part that I need to fix.

Guys, I just want to update, I called Chanel boutique to talk to the manager. She was able to help me get this repair without incurring charge.
Thank you for the update! I'm glad Chanel did right by you in the end. That is very concerning damage after only 4 wears.. I just bought my first mini rectangle and first small classic flap, but don't plan on using them any time soon (because pandemic & staying at home all the time) so I'm quite nervous