ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

My wedding had been planned for April 4th. It was only going to be 19 people, but his family is all out of town and my son is in the Navy. All had to drop out and restrictions were leaving me scrambling to make new plans. After my mom got diagnosed with a brain tumor two weeks before the wedding, I said enough and cancelled TBD. The Tuesday before the wedding date, my DH said “let’s get married anyway, just the two of us.” So we did! Best. Decision. Ever. Had the ceremony on our screen porch, first dance in our living room. Wedding lunch and cake (from a box) catered by me in our dining room. It was still special and yes, I tested the waterproof mascara. We even made fun of the pandemic. We will have a party/do over when things calm down and all our family can safely be together to meet and become one. :smile:

View attachment 4908462

View attachment 4908463

View attachment 4908464

View attachment 4908465

View attachment 4908466

View attachment 4908467

View attachment 4908468
Your story is so sweet. My son had to postpone his wedding a year but decided to get married at the courthouse. We (just immediate family) all got dressed up and attended on Zoom. There wasn't a dry eye. They plan to redo the ceremony and have a reception next year. Love finds a way!

• Love
Reactions: BowieFan1971
Your story is so sweet. My son had to postpone his wedding a year but decided to get married at the courthouse. We (just immediate family) all got dressed up and attended on Zoom. There wasn't a dry eye. They plan to redo the ceremony and have a reception next year. Love finds a way!

YAY!!! A reason to celebrate at a time we need reasons to celebrate. And done safely. I held off on wearing my veil and flowers until the day I can have my actual church ceremony. Not sure when that will be next year...need to wait until it is safe for all the elderly guests to travel/be together.

Congratulations to your son and his new bride!!!!! Best wishes for a happy future together.

Reactions: TXLVlove