Toy Battle: Toy Loulou or Toy LouLou Puffer

Loulou Puffer Toy vs Loulou Toy

• Loulou Puffer Toy

• LouLou Toy

Results are only viewable after voting.

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
I was hoping you guys can help me finally decide!

I love the chain on the Puffer Toy but I love the neat, clean quilts on the Toy Loulou.

Which bag do you think will have better mileage in the long run?

I love the chain on the Puffer Toy but I love the neat, clean quilts on the Toy Loulou.

I got a chain strap for my toy loulou, so I have the option of both an all leather crossbody strap and a chain version. I love the puffer, but if I had to pick only one, I'd go with the toy loulou. I feel like it's more classic/timeless.

Go with whatever bag makes your heart happy!

I got a chain strap for my toy loulou, so I have the option of both an all leather crossbody strap and a chain version. I love the puffer, but if I had to pick only one, I'd go with the toy loulou. I feel like it's more classic/timeless.

Thanks for your opinion!

where did you get the chain strap?

Reactions: thundercloud
Thanks for your opinion!

where did you get the chain strap?
I got the Coach Dinky chain, based on some YT suggestions, but I'm sure there are many options out there! Other tpf'rs have rec Etsy & other options. Try searching to see.

What I like about the Coach Dinky chain is it's a nice quality chain. Since I have the black w black toy loulou, I got both dark versions of the chain strap. https://www.coach.com/coach-dinky-chain-strap/58847.html

I agree. I use the chain from a polene bag...the aged ghw matches perfectly with the hardware on the toy loulou.

Reactions: thundercloud
I agree with the above posters.... I think the regular toy will stand the test of time better as I think the super puffy look is more a trend. Plus the classic version has the internal organization whereas the puffer is just one open compartment.

didn't they get rid of the middle compartment in the new toy loulous? i would try to get the old version, if possible, since that has the middle compartment and the adjustable strap. i also got a coach dinky chain for mine (SHW) and it looks great :smile:

didn't they get rid of the middle compartment in the new toy loulous? i would try to get the old version, if possible, since that has the middle compartment and the adjustable strap. i also got a coach dinky chain for mine (SHW) and it looks great :smile:

They still have a middle divider, but it doesn’t open up into a slip pocket anymore. Too bad...that’s one of my favourite places to put random cards and notes.

I got the Coach Dinky chain, based on some YT suggestions, but I'm sure there are many options out there! Other tpf'rs have rec Etsy & other options. Try searching to see.

What I like about the Coach Dinky chain is it's a nice quality chain. Since I have the black w black toy loulou, I got both dark versions of the chain strap. https://www.coach.com/coach-dinky-chain-strap/58847.html
Is the black copper dinky chain truly black like the YSL logo? I’ve been wanting to get it.

Is the black copper dinky chain truly black like the YSL logo? I’ve been wanting to get it.
No, it's not. None of the Coach Dinky chain straps are truly jet black like the toy loulou, but it's close enough for me. I prefer the dark gunmetal vs. black copper if I had to pick. Dark gunmetal is shiny and darker than black copper. Black copper is matte but not as dark as the gunmetal.

Reactions: HarlemBagLady
For those who have the Toy Loulou have you had any issues with stitching? I've had mine for 2 months and I'm noticing loose stitching throughout random spots on the bag. Did I get unlucky or has this been happening to others as well? =(

For those who have the Toy Loulou have you had any issues with stitching? I've had mine for 2 months and I'm noticing loose stitching throughout random spots on the bag. Did I get unlucky or has this been happening to others as well? =(

I just bought mine in October and it has yet to leave the house due to the pandemic killing the NYC social scene. But my coworker has the small Loulou and there are stitching issues. I was so shocked when she showed me.

Here are some pics of the stitching. There are several other places where the same issue is happening. I am so heartbroken and angry that I now have to drive an hour to return this.

Attachments

• stitching1.jpg
    stitching1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 123
  • stitching2.jpg
    stitching2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 120
3CFFA725-67F1-4508-91A7-9C108B10F297.jpeg5CC77424-9AA9-409E-A643-C111E800F327.jpeg1FCDC84F-080E-420A-832A-828F004DE338.jpeg

i just got my Loulou Puffer Toy in December in lambskin and have loved it so much! I was actually in the store deciding between the Toy Loulou and the Toy Puffer and ultimately loved the Puffer more because it can fit more and the chain. It is also so soft and squishy. To me, i feel like it could stay a classic piece because it's not as puffy as the small/medium size.

Also, if you buy chain adjusters on amazon you can adjust the length on the bag to either be crossbody or even a short shoulder bag. But either bag is a great choice!