Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I miss all of you TM people, all I hear about is the Jodie these days. :whut:
:hugs:Miss you and TM crowd too, silly Jodie people freaking out over new colors i’m a bit jealous of the shared enthusiasm but still can’t warm up to Jodie, been tempted to crash the Bal forum with my blackout. I’ve been studying Covid contact tracing and will remotely volunteer when needed. Very strange moment in history. Have you found any great new bags that we can drool over?

:hugs:Miss you and TM crowd too, silly Jodie people freaking out over new colors i’m a bit jealous of the shared enthusiasm but still can’t warm up to Jodie, been tempted to crash the Bal forum with my blackout. I’ve been studying Covid contact tracing and will remotely volunteer when needed. Very strange moment in history. Have you found any great new bags that we can drool over?
Nothing lately, I've got to sell some stuff before I buy anything else, trying not to rack up my CCs! I can't get behind the Jodie and don't really understand the hype, that larger weave just kills everything for me.
Good on you for planning to volunteer! And yes, there's more going on on the Bal threads these days, so many here have moved on to other brands...

Reactions: ksuromax and RT1
I miss y’all too. It is all about the Jodie, and for the sake of the SAs we’ve come to know, I’m happy for them. But for us TM fans, it wasn’t just one bag that we mused over, it was several different styles. And there were treatments and LE bags. There was so much depth to each collection. That what I miss: the unexpected married with constancy.

I actually haven’t moved on to other brands. I’m using what I have and quite honestly, have lost some interest in bags in general. The pandemic certainly hasn’t helped as I rarely go out and find the Nodini is the only bag that makes sense for me right now.

I am sort of floundering around. Haven't found a new handbag home but visiting others. I actually like some of the new DL bags and I didn't love everything TM did either but when I go into a boutique it is unrecognizable as Bottega- at least to me.
I don't go out much but I do still love handbags and especially SLG's. Maybe I just don't like change and there has been way too much change in the world for me. Thankfully my family is well and I am grateful.

• Love
Reactions: 880, Nibb and RT1
I miss y’all too. It is all about the Jodie, and for the sake of the SAs we’ve come to know, I’m happy for them. But for us TM fans, it wasn’t just one bag that we mused over, it was several different styles. And there were treatments and LE bags. There was so much depth to each collection. That what I miss: the unexpected married with constancy.

I actually haven’t moved on to other brands. I’m using what I have and quite honestly, have lost some interest in bags in general. The pandemic certainly hasn’t helped as I rarely go out and find the Nodini is the only bag that makes sense for me right now.
It’s funny because the pandemic made me feel quite the opposite! There’s not a lot of stuff making me happy right now with how the world is going, but buying a beautiful new Bottega bag seems to brighten my days on a large scale somehow. I’ve always loved and collected bags and I don’t want that to go away just because we’re all not going out (right now), who knows what next month brings?!

This will end at some point though. Do you think you’ll miss the bags you’ve let go, or was it more of a curating type of thing? Edit: I should clarify, was the letting go due to a lack of interest that may be regretted or simply a need to refine your collection?

Reactions: RT1
@muchstuff, the recent sales are actually an estate sale. I’ve been rehoming part of Mousse’s collection. In terms of my personal collection, I’ve let a few go for no other reason than I feel like I had too many.
Ah I see, very good of you to help out like that. I too have been letting a few bags go although not many of my BVs. In fact I think it's time to pull out a Veneta, I haven't carried one for awhile and I actually have to go out tomorrow. :lol:

• Love
Reactions: Nibb and RT1
Went out yesterday to do a "drive by" wth the DDs. I go to each of their apartments, they meet me outside, we chat for fifteen or twenty minutes, I drive home. Two hours of driving but it's worth it. :heart: Still trying to decide whether or not we can have them here for Christmas.
Oh, I really hope that you can have them for Christmas.
That would be a treat for all of you.