Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

she apparently set doria up in business using a beverly hills attorney so if we assume this wasn't out of pure love, then I guess she thinks having doria on good terms is to her advantage. doesn't mean they're very close or see each other often though.
I wonder if Meghan became the selfish opportunist she is because her father spoiled her or are some people just born with certain personality traits?
the half sister has never spoken against Doria, right?
The Doria business venture , well that was all very sketchy in the press (fake news ?) but yes, controlling mom's business venture could very much help limit any legal liabilities (in the sense of MM cannot be sued for actions of mom).

We really known nothing tangible about D. For ex, is she living in LA or Montecito?

Last edited:
Reactions: CarryOn2020
Call me cynical, IMHO, Thomas did not fit the narrative. Remember he was in the wedding right up until he began talking about *not* meeting Harry and *not* being asked permission for the marriage. [My father would have been the same way. There is a proper order for marriages.]. Was Doria asked?

So why did Harry think it was ok not to ask the father for MM’s hand in marriage? In those early days, no criticism of Harry was allowed. He was still the perfect prince, son of Diana who as we all know was the Queen of People’s hearts, unloved only by her husband and the father of her children. [yawn, so much drama]

Thomas’s questions were most unwelcomed, so much so they kicked him out of the show. I believe the unpardonable sin was of not presenting Meghan and Harry in the best possible light.

ETA: little did they know how much criticism Harry would receive

When did Harry actually meet Mr. M before the wedding ?

When did Harry actually meet Mr. M before the wedding ?

To my knowledge, Harry did not meet Mr. Markle. Rightfully, imo, Thomas sees it as a weakness in Harry.
ETA: in my family, that sort of thing reflects on the groom’s upbringing. :amazed:

• May 20, 2020
Nothing about Prince Harry’s marriage to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has been typical, from the day they met to now, two years after they tied the knot. This unlikely couple overcame so many obstacles to stay together and now have begun forging a new path that’s separate from the rest of the royal family. Even the simplest rites of passage like meeting the in-laws haven’t gone as planned.

This. I have a pretty dysfunctional family, so I can really sympathize and understand if people need to cut someone off. But all of them? The uncle who helped her get ahead with her studies, her lawyer niece she seemed to love dearly? Plus no childhood or otherwise youth friends left, none? Only the big celebrity names? Yeah, no. The problem is Meghan.
What if you had several narcissists and one compulsive liar in your family and you were punished as a child no matter who was at fault? Then you reach adulthood and the parent still wants to control your life.

Reactions: Sol Ryan
This. I have a pretty dysfunctional family, so I can really sympathize and understand if people need to cut someone off. But all of them? The uncle who helped her get ahead with her studies, her lawyer niece she seemed to love dearly? Plus no childhood or otherwise youth friends left, none? Only the big celebrity names? Yeah, no. The problem is Meghan.
right....I've said this before - surely she could have found some suitable relatives to invite to the wedding.....I wasn't aware of the lawyer niece but heard something about the uncle who helped her.....did she think having no one except her mother there was a good look?

To my knowledge, Harry did not meet Mr. Markle. Rightfully, imo, Thomas sees it as a weakness in Harry.
ETA: in my family, that sort of thing reflects on the groom’s upbringing. :amazed:

• May 20, 2020
Nothing about Prince Harry’s marriage to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has been typical, from the day they met to now, two years after they tied the knot. This unlikely couple overcame so many obstacles to stay together and now have begun forging a new path that’s separate from the rest of the royal family. Even the simplest rites of passage like meeting the in-laws haven’t gone as planned.

To never meet you F-I-L before marrying their daughter/son is really awful. It's basically telling Mr.M that he/his opinion doesn't matter. It's incredibly RUDE.

I don't know him, but that would be very upsetting for any father. Never mind MM telling him her heart was broken “into a million pieces” in that letter. He was a total afterthought, in fact, really, it looks like he didn't fit-in her vanity project. He must have felt like he was an embarrassment.

really...how do you outgrow 9 bedrooms?

Most articles write 10 beds, but some 9.

From House Beautiful, earlier last year https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/l.../prince-harry-meghan-markle-frogmore-cottage/ :

"The Grade II listed, two-storey, stucco-faced house with a parapet was a 10-bedroom property divided into five units (previously home to members of the royal staff), but it has now been completely renovated into a modern family home for the royal couple."

Obviously not big enough for H&M

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 17.43.42.png

Anybody wanna speculate the Meghan and Harry will want to return to London "for a visit" and want to throw Eugenie out for the duration of their "visit", just because? I wouldn't put it past them. Why pass up such a great opportunity to humiliate another Royal? And if Eugenie refuses to leave, Meghan gets to pout and prove to the world that she's a huge victim again. Meghan will wait until after Eugenie has the baby so the imposition is at it's greatest. I wonder if Eugenie gets to remodel Frogmore to HER liking.

Most articles write 10 beds, but some 9.

From House Beautiful, earlier last year https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/l.../prince-harry-meghan-markle-frogmore-cottage/ :

"The Grade II listed, two-storey, stucco-faced house with a parapet was a 10-bedroom property divided into five units (previously home to members of the royal staff), but it has now been completely renovated into a modern family home for the royal couple."

Obviously not big enough for H&M

View attachment 4911372
and it's old...maybe too musty for "M"

Anybody wanna speculate the Meghan and Harry will want to return to London "for a visit" and want to throw Eugenie out for the duration of their "visit", just because? I wouldn't put it past them. Why pass up such a great opportunity to humiliate another Royal? And if Eugenie refuses to leave, Meghan gets to pout and prove to the world that she's a huge victim again. Meghan will wait until after Eugenie has the baby so the imposition is at it's greatest. I wonder if Eugenie gets to remodel Frogmore to HER liking.

London to Windsor by train is approx 1hr 15min so if they're visiting London they wouldn't be even be thinking of staying at their former home.

If Eu and JM have the keys, the house has g o n e.

It means it is no longer H&M's official residence or in any other capacity.

In future, if they grace Britain with their presence, they'll have to book airbnb like everyone else.