do your cats roll over and show their tummies?

She's so cute - looks so happy! What happened?
She had a hole in her diaphragm that resulted in her liver and gall bladder moving into the chest cavity. She had surgery about 6 weeks ago to move the liver outside the chest cavity to where it belongs and seal up the diaphragm so it doesn't happen again. She's a rescue that we adopted in March so don't know her full history but are assuming that it was a congenital condition that was never diagnosed. It was pure luck that this was discovered before she started developing symptoms....Vet discovered it when we took her in for an initial visit/evaluation so that we could set up a spay procedure. While I was little miffed at the rescue for failing to spay her prior to adopting her, it probably saved her life.

Reactions: pixiejenna
She had a hole in her diaphragm that resulted in her liver and gall bladder moving into the chest cavity. She had surgery about 6 weeks ago to move the liver outside the chest cavity to where it belongs and seal up the diaphragm so it doesn't happen again. She's a rescue that we adopted in March so don't know her full history but are assuming that it was a congenital condition that was never diagnosed. It was pure luck that this was discovered before she started developing symptoms....Vet discovered it when we took her in for an initial visit/evaluation so that we could set up a spay procedure. While I was little miffed at the rescue for failing to spay her prior to adopting her, it probably saved her life.
wow, she is lucky you found her....and looks so relaxed and happy....I think she appreciates her home :smile:
and she is gorgeous

So sorry to hear this, but so glad she found you. She's looks so happy and I trust she is doing well. (Interesting the rescue didn't spay her, where I live, its standard practice to spade/neuter cats before adoption). My Little Girl is a rescue cat. Good luck to both you and I hope we see more of her.

Reactions: sdkitty