Can you hook the VCA VA bracelet's clasp yourself?

Navadety

Jun 27, 2018
I am eyeing on having a VA bracelet for a while. I've never own the chain bracelet before, I only have solid bracelets from Cartier now and I am used to the lock mechanism (of JUC and Ecrou).

Also, having heard that VA bracelet should be taken off occasionally (because of stones; malachite or MOP), I would like to know from the users' experience if hooking the clasp of the bracelet yourself is troublesome or annoying? Or it is easy to do?

TIA

Reactions: VCALoverNY
I am eyeing on having a VA bracelet for a while. I've never own the chain bracelet before, I only have solid bracelets from Cartier now and I am used to the lock mechanism (of JUC and Ecrou).

Also, having heard that VA bracelet should be taken off occasionally (because of stones; malachite or MOP), I would like to know from the users' experience if hooking the clasp of the bracelet yourself is troublesome or annoying? Or it is easy to do?

TIA

I take mine off daily after every use, personally I find it really easy to put on / off myself but I think it depends how lose/tight it is on your wrist. I haven’t had mine adjusted.

I am able to do it myself easily and my bracelets have been shortened. I drape the bracelet over the top of my wrist with the hook dangling closest to me. I use my other hand to open the clasp and catch on to the hook. That is what works best for me. The newer clasps are even easier than the old ones.

Reactions: Navadety and DS2006
I wear mine very tightly, but I figured out a strategy. Hold it against your chest so it doesn't move. Let the link end dangle downward and control the clasp with the other hand to hook up to the loose link. Takes about 30 seconds, no more than a minute like @cafecreme15 said. Worth the effort cause I love my 5 motifs.
I do the same thing! Hold the non-clasp end of the chain against you and line up the clasp and clip with the other hand.

TIA

I am able to do the clasp myself. It isn't easy, and takes practice. On my magic bracelet, I usually use reading glasses and press my arm against the wall to steady the bracelet. On my vintage, I didn't get mine shortened, so it's loose on my 16 inch wrist and much easier to do the clasp. No reading glasses required!!

Mine are shortened to the smallest they can go and while it takes practice I am able to do it.....then I got a full set of nails put on and now I can put them on myself on my left wrist but not my right.

• Love
Reactions: Navadety and 880