• Caviar boy bag

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Aged calfskin reissue 2.55

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters

Raerae0518

Oct 22, 2020
Hello
Would you recommend either of these bags as an everyday bag? I have the Classic flap that I use more for date nights and special occasions but want something that I can use more on a daily basis . If the answer is that both of these have to be fairly babied the other option is maybe a Celine belt bag or the speedy. Thank you!

Just between the Chanel bags, I'd recommend the reissue all the way. Once you throw in the speedy, I'd have to recommend the speedy as the true daily warrior.

My random thoughts: On the Chanel choices alone, I don't own the boy bag, but I love the reissue so much that it was my first Chanel bag purchase. Then I loved it so much I bought it all over again as my second Chanel (GHW then RHW). It's so carefree imo, I don't worry about scratches, and if I have scratched it then you can't tell amongst the aged calfskin. I also own the Celine micro belt bag. It's SUCH a beautiful bag and I love to carry it. However I worry way more about it becoming misshapen (some of the preloved ones for sale look so sad...) or scratching the corners more than I expected to, so it's not actually a daily bag for me. It sticks out further from your body than either Chanel bag would. It also starts to feel heavy earlier, if that makes sense. So I wouldn't carry it around all day like I do the reissue, but also factor in that I can be a lazy wuss. Lastly, I have a speedy B25 that I adore and used daily for the first few years. It's by far the lowest maintenance of the ones you mentioned, esp if you get the DE pattern. It will fit the most stuff (by a lot) of the ones mentioned. However, I have to admit that mine was demoted once I got a Celine sangle. So while I do still recommend the speedy, if you want a buy-it-for-life bag then I'd go for a reissue. Good luck choosing, they are are all great candidates!

I just bought the reissue 226 a month ago and have been using it reguarly to work and on weekends. I love this bag! I contemplated for a whole year which one to get (reissue or classic m/l) and wish I had bought it earlier. Now I’m planning on getting a jumbo also - the smaller sizes doesn’t work for me and I’ve found out that shoulder carry is the most optional way for me to carry my bags. Good luck on your decision :biggrin:

Reactions: Raerae0518
Just between the Chanel bags, I'd recommend the reissue all the way. Once you throw in the speedy, I'd have to recommend the speedy as the true daily warrior.

My random thoughts: On the Chanel choices alone, I don't own the boy bag, but I love the reissue so much that it was my first Chanel bag purchase. Then I loved it so much I bought it all over again as my second Chanel (GHW then RHW). It's so carefree imo, I don't worry about scratches, and if I have scratched it then you can't tell amongst the aged calfskin. I also own the Celine micro belt bag. It's SUCH a beautiful bag and I love to carry it. However I worry way more about it becoming misshapen (some of the preloved ones for sale look so sad...) or scratching the corners more than I expected to, so it's not actually a daily bag for me. It sticks out further from your body than either Chanel bag would. It also starts to feel heavy earlier, if that makes sense. So I wouldn't carry it around all day like I do the reissue, but also factor in that I can be a lazy wuss. Lastly, I have a speedy B25 that I adore and used daily for the first few years. It's by far the lowest maintenance of the ones you mentioned, esp if you get the DE pattern. It will fit the most stuff (by a lot) of the ones mentioned. However, I have to admit that mine was demoted once I got a Celine sangle. So while I do still recommend the speedy, if you want a buy-it-for-life bag then I'd go for a reissue. Good luck choosing, they are are all great candidates!
Hi, thank you so much for the input. I do really love the carefree look of the aged calfskin and I am happy to hear that it seems worry free with scratches. I did wonder about the celine holding up. I have seen some saggy ones. I looked at the micro which i do love size wise but like to be able to wear my purses crossbody for everyday and the celine crossbody did seem to sit a little funny with my arm bumping the handle and the bag standing out. The mini is great with the metal feet but too bag to carry around everyday for me and I definitely see what you are saying about the corners. I love the speedy too and would do the B25 in DE. I would love to have a lifelong bag though which does draw me more to the chanel but of course the price difference is crazy even with it being pre loved. The reissue is a 2008 227 so it is quite large and seems like it would fit a lot. There's just something about chanel that i love.

Reactions: CleanLikeCeline
I just bought the reissue 226 a month ago and have been using it reguarly to work and on weekends. I love this bag! I contemplated for a whole year which one to get (reissue or classic m/l) and wish I had bought it earlier. Now I’m planning on getting a jumbo also - the smaller sizes doesn’t work for me and I’ve found out that shoulder carry is the most optional way for me to carry my bags. Good luck on your decision :biggrin:
hi thank you for your comment!! Do you find any other cons to the bag besides size? Do you find you have to be extra careful and baby it ? I am looking at the 227 in the RHW so it would be quite large but seems to work on my body both shoulder and crossbody which i love for the options:smile:

So, I have both a reissue 226 with RHW and a Navy boy with LGHW. Both purchases were for the intention of daily use! I did get my reissue first and just recently acquired the boy. Out of the two so far, I reach for my reissue so much more. I have the 226 size so it fits a tad more than my boy bag, and I love the understated look of the bag, it doesn't really scream Chanel, unless your a handbag enthusiast Only thing with the reissue, I tend not to wear it when it rains. I know it's been mentioned that the bag is very carefree, but I have a few bags I can wear when it does rain. As for the boy bag, I love this bag too and it's in my rotation. I don't think I wear it as much because the hardware is a shiny LGHW and the capacity is not as good as the reissue. But I love that I can wear it crossbody and it is caviar so really carefree. I know that the reissue can be worn crossbody as well, but for me I find the 226 size just a tad too big to be worn crossbody.

Also to throw into the mix, I have one burgundy jumbo that I have been wearing more than the reissue as of late. I absolutely love my jumbo, but that said, it is a big bag and kind of heavy, so one jumbo is good for me.

I know you also mentioned adding a speedy. I had the same exact thought for myself as well. I had a speedy but sold it because I got all obsessed with Chanel, but now I feel like I should have another canvas piece when I don't want to wear my Chanels.

But after my long winded answer, I think the reissue is a fantastic daily bag!!!

So, I have both a reissue 226 with RHW and a Navy boy with LGHW. Both purchases were for the intention of daily use! I did get my reissue first and just recently acquired the boy. Out of the two so far, I reach for my reissue so much more. I have the 226 size so it fits a tad more than my boy bag, and I love the understated look of the bag, it doesn't really scream Chanel, unless your a handbag enthusiast Only thing with the reissue, I tend not to wear it when it rains. I know it's been mentioned that the bag is very carefree, but I have a few bags I can wear when it does rain. As for the boy bag, I love this bag too and it's in my rotation. I don't think I wear it as much because the hardware is a shiny LGHW and the capacity is not as good as the reissue. But I love that I can wear it crossbody and it is caviar so really carefree. I know that the reissue can be worn crossbody as well, but for me I find the 226 size just a tad too big to be worn crossbody.

Also to throw into the mix, I have one burgundy jumbo that I have been wearing more than the reissue as of late. I absolutely love my jumbo, but that said, it is a big bag and kind of heavy, so one jumbo is good for me.

I know you also mentioned adding a speedy. I had the same exact thought for myself as well. I had a speedy but sold it because I got all obsessed with Chanel, but now I feel like I should have another canvas piece when I don't want to wear my Chanels.

But after my long winded answer, I think the reissue is a fantastic daily bag!!!
Thank you so much for your response. Everything you said is super helpful. I have a classic flap and then a lv neverfull mm in de.I like the speedy b 25 de for the cross body option and the zip closure. If you had to pick between the reissue and the speedy b what would you prefer since you have had both:smile:

Reactions: tpm1224
Sure absolutely!

Honestly, I would go for the reissue over the speedy. As much as I love speedys, there is something so elegant about carrying a Chanel. And the reissue can be worn from day to night where I feel speedy is really for daily use. I know we are not going anywhere nowadays, but with Chanel price increases, I would go for the reissue first and maybe add a speedy later.

And I am looking to add the speedy b DE as well. :smile:

Sure absolutely!

Honestly, I would go for the reissue over the speedy. As much as I love speedys, there is something so elegant about carrying a Chanel. And the reissue can be worn from day to night where I feel speedy is really for daily use. I know we are not going anywhere nowadays, but with Chanel price increases, I would go for the reissue first and maybe add a speedy later.

And I am looking to add the speedy b DE as well. :smile:
Good point on the increases! I may just be wearing my Chanel around the house in my pjs lol.

hi thank you for your comment!! Do you find any other cons to the bag besides size? Do you find you have to be extra careful and baby it ? I am looking at the 227 in the RHW so it would be quite large but seems to work on my body both shoulder and crossbody which i love for the options:smile:

Not really a con but it does sometimes get cumbersome to put the lock in place if that makes sence, especially when I’m in a hurry. I don’t baby it all and don’t feel the need to either but I do generally take care of my things.

I would go for the reissue, hands down! I don’t use mine daily but you could. I prefer the Loewe puzzle or a goyard for daily use...they are even more lightweight than the reissue. Preloved prices of reissues in the 225 and 226 sizes have also increased drastically in the last year so I would get it sooner rather than later.

I would go for the reissue, hands down! I don’t use mine daily but you could. I prefer the Loewe puzzle or a goyard for daily use...they are even more lightweight than the reissue. Preloved prices of reissues in the 225 and 226 sizes have also increased drastically in the last year so I would get it sooner rather than later.
Hi there you mentioned the puzzle bag and that's another I have been contemplating over maybe the reissue . The reissue is so beautiful But I still worry a bit about the daily use of it. The price increases make me want to go for it but I also love the casual look of the puzzle bag. Decisions decisions