Entrupy is not dependable!

This is very true! I have a friend who purchased a bag from a reseller and it came with enturpy authenticity certificate but she always authenticates everything and she sent it to maybe 5 different authenticators and 3/5 said it was fake!

she didn’t know what to believe so she sent it back. It looked very good so if it was fake that isvery scary

it was a lady dior by the way!

I don't know what's going on with the Entrupy system, but it's pretty scary that they have certified this bag as authentic:

Reactions: Mimi-2020
I don't know what's going on with the Entrupy system, but it's pretty scary that they have certified this bag as authentic:

Why would they have left out part of the serial number on the certificate? How would you know it is actually for that bag?

Reactions: Mimi-2020

Why would they have left out part of the serial number on the certificate? How would you know it is actually for that bag?
A lot of the Goodwill stores are using Entrupy and the mistakes are multiplying.

I've reported a fake Coach over the past few days and not only has ebay not removed the listing but Goodwill hasn't responded to emails (both through the listing as well as directly to their San Francisco location's website) when told that the bag is fake and that Entrupy is not accurate.

Yes, I noticed that they started doing that, and I don't understand why. It completely defeats the the purpose, and a certificate without the full serial # makes it more susceptible to scams.
I, however, do think the bag in the listing is the same as the one on the certificate. There's something very specific about this classic flap that makes me believe this, something that gives it away.
I also checked this seller's other sold items and she's used Entrupy several times before (for Chanel), and as far as I can tell, there are no red flags with those bags. I don't believe this seller is a scammer.

PS. just noticed that the listing is gone, which is strange, because the seller ended this listing only about a week ago. And aren't the only listings that are no longer viewable those that are older than 90 days? Unless Ebay deleted it, but why would they if the listing has already ended?

Here's a picture of the certificate:

entrupy.jpg

Reactions: whateve
A lot of the Goodwill stores are using Entrupy and the mistakes are multiplying.

I've reported a fake Coach over the past few days and not only has ebay not removed the listing but Goodwill hasn't responded to emails (both through the listing as well as directly to their San Francisco location's website) when told that the bag is fake and that Entrupy is not accurate.

The Coach listing is now gone. I'm pleasantly surprised Ebay has deleted it, especially because it came with "proof of authenticity"

Just had a bad experience with entrupy. Planning to consign my ysl chyc bag to a store and they used entrupy to authenticate my guaranteed authentic bag and they claimed its fake they even charged me $30 and additional $10 for the certificate. Theyr making money out of it even if ur bag is authentic!

Just had a bad experience with entrupy. Planning to consign my ysl chyc bag to a store and they used entrupy to authenticate my guaranteed authentic bag and they claimed its fake they even charged me $30 and additional $10 for the certificate. Theyr making money out of it even if ur bag is authentic!
The way artificial intelligence works is that when errors are made, the AI company makes adjustments to its algorithms to recognize the error(s), adjust the markers and avoid making the same mistakes again.

There are two possible problems. First is that Entrupy's clients (whether companies like Goodwill or individual consumers) don't seem to be notifiying Entrupy of the mistakes and corrections can't be made if Entrupy doesn't know about them. That's the "better case" scenario. The second (and worse) possibility is that Entrupy is notified of errors and doesn't GAS and doesn't correct them.

I know for a fact, that buyers of "authenticated" fakes from Goodwill HAVE returned fake bags to Goodwill and Goodwill has been forced to issue refunds for the returns. Why Goodwill continues to use Entrupy is beyond me, but the problem because further exacerbated when the buyers of fakes (but don't recognize them as fake) list and resell the bags with the inaccurate Entrupy certificates.

The way artificial intelligence works is that when errors are made, the AI company makes adjustments to its algorithms to recognize the error(s), adjust the markers and avoid making the same mistakes again.

There are two possible problems. First is that Entrupy's clients (whether companies like Goodwill or individual consumers) don't seem to be notifiying Entrupy of the mistakes and corrections can't be made if Entrupy doesn't know about them. That's the "better case" scenario. The second (and worse) possibility is that Entrupy is notified of errors and doesn't GAS and doesn't correct them.

I know for a fact, that buyers of "authenticated" fakes from Goodwill HAVE returned fake bags to Goodwill and Goodwill has been forced to issue refunds for the returns. Why Goodwill continues to use Entrupy is beyond me, but the problem because further exacerbated when the buyers of fakes (but don't recognize them as fake) list and resell the bags with the inaccurate Entrupy certificates.

Even reputable and trusted seller in my country had a bad experience with entrupy.She sold a classic chanel bag complete even with store receipts then client used entrupy authenticated it as fake. They trust the machine now finding fakes as being authentic and calling authentic fake then charge u for the authentication. Got charge $50 in total by the way!

Reactions: Cococovered
Even reputable and trusted seller in my country had a bad experience with entrupy.She sold a classic chanel bag complete even with store receipts then client used entrupy authenticated it as fake. They trust the machine now finding fakes as being authentic and calling authentic fake then charge u for the authentication. Got charge $50 in total by the way!
Yes, Entrupy has made mistakes both ways -- deeming fakes as authentic and authentic items as fake.

Reactions: Smoothoprter