Is Toy Loulou being replaced by Mini Loulou?

Apr 11, 2017
Came across a YouTube video today where a woman was reviewing her Mini Loulou, and she said that bag was going to replace the Toy, so Saint Laurent won’t produce the Toy Loulou anymore:confused1:
The main difference was that this Mini-version didn’t have an adjustable strap, and the middle divider wall didn’t have the small slit compartment like the Toy has. Yet, she claimed it was about 60$ more expensive than the Toy, which makes no sense to me..
Does anyone know if this is true, is the Toy Loulou already discontinued or is it going to be replaced by the Mini Loulou in the near future? :hrmm:

I think it's already happening based on the different sites (nordstrom, saks, NM, farfetch, ssense, etc), I've been looking at, even if they get the name wrong. The adjustable (or non-adjustable) strap seems to be the easiest way to tell which version it is.

I think it's already happening based on the different sites (nordstrom, saks, NM, farfetch, ssense, etc), I've been looking at, even if they get the name wrong. The adjustable (or non-adjustable) strap seems to be the easiest way to tell which version it is.
That’s sad IMO. Glad I’ve already got a Toy, I love it and think it’s a bad decision of them to make a less versatile replacement :-s

Reactions: thundercloud
I can’t confirm that they are replacing the toy, but the bags are too similar to keep both versions around. I own the toy and checked out the mini loulou the other day. I watched the same video and disagree with the youtuber about the mini loulou being able to fit more due to the lack of the slim divider pocket. They are basically the same bag. The only difference is the new strap that is not adjustable. I don’t think it’s a big deal as I use a chain strap anyway. I love the fact that the strap is detachable as there are many aftermarket options out there.

I can’t confirm that they are replacing the toy, but the bags are too similar to keep both versions around. I own the toy and checked out the mini loulou the other day. I watched the same video and disagree with the youtuber about the mini loulou being able to fit more due to the lack of the slim divider pocket. They are basically the same bag. The only difference is the new strap that is not adjustable. I don’t think it’s a big deal as I use a chain strap anyway. I love the fact that the strap is detachable as there are many aftermarket options out there.

I am thinking of getting the Toy before they're gone, how do you like yours? Does it hold alot?

I like it a lot! It’s a very well made bag. It holds a lot for a compact mini bag. I only use it occasionally though...it’s more of a date night bag for me. If I planned on using it during the day I would probably get the small Just so I could fit in sunglasses and maybe a compact wallet instead of a card holder. The toy size is just so cute! I think it’s just as cute as the Chanel square mini...I use a chain strap with mine. It holds a bit more than my Chanel rectangular mini and has scratched my itch for a Chanel square mini.

Oh, this makes sense now....a while back someone posted on the Loulou Lovers thread a picture of one lacking the middle slit and non-adjustable strap, and I feared it was a fake. Methinks it’s just a way to make more profit off a popular design. Sad.

Are you guys talking about the mini Lou?
Yes...the mini lou lou and the toy lou lou. The difference being that the new mini loulou lacks an internal divider slip pocket and an adjustable strap. I am just saying that the slip pocket in the middle or lack of it does not make a real difference in capacity. The only real difference is that the toy version has an adjustable strap and the mini version has a non adjustable strap. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Reactions: Grande Latte