Eyeing on Constance, C18 or C24?

Jul 5, 2010
Hi ladies!

I am hoping to get a constance but am so torn between 18 and 24, and between etoupe and gold color! I am 163cm tall, prefer B25 to B30, want a bag that can be functional for daily use but can also transit from day to night).

If I get a C24 I will probably go for etoupe more, since I think gold is more suitable for smaller bags.

And I notice that C18 has been more popular in the market. Do you think it fares better? I am personally okay with C25 size but sometimes I think it can be a bit too boxy...

So torn! Your honest opinion needed!

Hi ladies!

I am hoping to get a constance but am so torn between 18 and 24, and between etoupe and gold color! I am 163cm tall, prefer B25 to B30, want a bag that can be functional for daily use but can also transit from day to night).

If I get a C24 I will probably go for etoupe more, since I think gold is more suitable for smaller bags.

And I notice that C18 has been more popular in the market. Do you think it fares better? I am personally okay with C25 size but sometimes I think it can be a bit too boxy...

I am your size and do own both sizes. I tend to wear my C18 more during summer but find my C24 a lot more functional all year round. I never found it boxy on me (and I am small-boned) and find it transitions perfectly from day to night. I feel both bags have a place in my collection but one C18 is enough while I would gladly add more C24s given I prefer its proportions and find it a tad more practical.

I am your size and do own both sizes. I tend to wear my C18 more during summer but find my C24 a lot more functional all year round. I never found it boxy on me (and I am small-boned) and find it transitions perfectly from day to night. I feel both bags have a place in my collection but one C18 is enough while I would gladly add more C24s given I prefer its proportions and find it a tad more practical.
Thanks so much! May I ask what color is your C?

Thanks so much! May I ask what color is your C?
My 24 is in Ébène, my 18 is Malachite (I used to own a 24 in Bleu du Nord and an 18 in Etain as well. The BdN was too loud for the size and my lifestyle, the Etain had quality issues and was replaced with the Malachite). For the 24 I prefer muted or dark jewel tones, the 18 for me can be more colorful.

Reactions: ladymarshmallow
My 24 is in Ébène, my 18 is Malachite (I used to own a 24 in Bleu du Nord and an 18 in Etain as well. The BdN was too loud for the size and my lifestyle, the Etain had quality issues and was replaced with the Malachite). For the 24 I prefer muted or dark jewel tones, the 18 for me can be more colorful.
Yes I agree if I go for 24 I should stick with a neutral low key color! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: pinkorchid20
I own two C24. Bought them both this year and went from literally disliking the bag to owning two.
I have one in Black with PHW and another one in Vert De Gris with GHW. Both neutral colours, would love a C18 too. I'm 1,73m tall for reference.

You could always get both! I think if you only plan on 1 bag, you’ll have to decide what you intend to place inside. I looked at a C24 and it seemed very big (I’m 165cm) plus the strap does not work so well crossbody. I ended up getting a C18 which is much smaller. I don’t carry a lot of items but I discovered my cellphone (Samsung Note 10+) only fits in the rear pocket at an angle essentially eliminating a lot of the remaining space.

I am about your height and a little thicker build. I have C24 in etain. It is boxy so I normally wear with double strap like shoulder bag. I also have C18 in rose pourpre for crossbody.
They are functioning differently. I like both sizes, C24 can obviously hold much more while C18 can only hold essential stuff. And as a shoulder bag, C24 proportion looks better, however it is too chunky for crossbody. C18 is exactly the opposite.

I'm 5'3 and prefer C18 because it's great cross body. I tie a twilly in a way that my constance has a handle, so I can also carry it by the "handle".

I find C24 very boxy and large, the strap is also too short to wear cross body.

My
Hi ladies!

Hi hun~ My fave specs for the constance is size 18, gold colour and evercolor leather and gold hw hahaha so i am biased. I dont have any because i have two lovely Celine classic bags which fit me better as crossbody. The C24 is gorgeous but id say too boxy and doesnt crossbody as nicely. The C18 can fit quite a lot of things and it is daintier for night dates. Hope this helps ~

Hi everyone,
as the original author, I'm also eyeing to get a constance this year :smile:
I'm leaning more towards the C18, as I do like my B25 and would like a bag that can transition from day to night.
Except for the ever continuing dilemma on which color to get (I'm a Libra, I have a hard time choosing :P) I was wondering if anyone has an idea about the european price at the moment for a C18 in Epsom or Evercolor?

Reactions: LOA