Chanel and Emily in Paris, results Chanel is an old lady brand.

Reading the Purse blog the other day a post was about all of the Chanel bags in the show Emily in Paris. The comments in regard to Chanel was it was no longer relevant and an old lady brand. I protested in a big way. I love my Chanel bags. I was curious about others thinking on this topic.
I had a co-worker vehemently say that to me too when I was contemplating my first Chanel piece. Well, she also thinks Rebecca Minkoff is "high fashion" so I try not to take her opinion seriously.

I don't think so at all!

There's a reason why the wardrobe stylists of the show styled Emily (a 20-something year old character) in all of these Chanel bags. I mean other than the fact it's a French fashion house and the setting of the show is in Paris, I think it's clear some ppl think Chanel has bags that are fun & relevant and that's why they had the main character rock them.

I think ppl that say it's for old ladies usually refer to the black classic flap/2.55 and tweed jackets. It's probably because these have been around for a while, so they think it's dated since it wasn't released recently.

It's all about how you style it and carry yourself!

Reading the Purse blog the other day a post was about all of the Chanel bags in the show Emily in Paris. The comments in regard to Chanel was it was no longer relevant and an old lady brand. I protested in a big way. I love my Chanel bags. I was curious about others thinking on this topic.
I actually think the opposite! It’s a young fashion brand. I see lots of fresh young things with them.

2C5BD28C-2C51-46EC-A33F-98B92C4F58E7.jpeg

For many Chanel is still a prestigious brand...For many Chanel has lost some of its sophistication over the years
Chanel still is a style & fashion leader in the world of design & like with any collection it all depends on who is
wearing that jacket , bag, shoe, jewelry & how they are wearing it.
I don't agree that it is old looking in the least & there are times when I see very stylish women here in NYC
wearing Chanel from the 80's as well as the 90's that look terrific..