Jewelry box with watch storage?

Pockster00

Jun 28, 2018
One of the items on my Christmas list this year is a forever jewelry box. I have travel pouches and random jewelry rolls but most of my pieces are in their original pouches or boxes. It’s a bit of a mess!

My major criteria is that it must have a watch roll compartment that can house three or four watches. Actual watch rolls, not just space to lay a watch flat. I looked at Wolf but the pictures don’t seem to show watch rolls.

Any ideas?

This is such a coincidence as I have been investigating jewelry boxes and watch storage too! I also have a mish-mash of boxes and containers and want to get something really nice that is easy to use, attractive, and makes everything easily visible. If I don't see it, I sometimes will forget about a piece and it goes unworn for months and months.

Unfortunately, so far, I haven't been able to find anything really high quality that combines watch storage with jewelry storage. Because of their astronomical pricing, I eliminated looking at Hermes, Cartier, Bvlgari, Tiffany, etc., for jewelry boxes. I want high quality but not something that costs thousands. Wolf seems very nice but even Wolf's large jewelry boxes don't have watch rolls, and those boxes are pretty big. Wolf makes some really nice watch boxes of course and you can find them on ebay and TRR at reduced prices as well as at Wolf directly. Wolf also makes some of Pottery Barn's boxes but they are not quite as nice as the ones directly from Wolf from what I can tell.

There are a few boxes on Amazon though that do combine watch/jewelry storage but they use synthetic leather and medium density fiberboard like this one so not exactly heirloom quality. This one costs $39.99 for example:

Anyway, I'm still researching so I'll be curious to see what you find as well. I am coming around to the idea of storing watches separately and buying a smaller jewelry box.

Wempe used to sell them (I have a older one in red lacquer) but its not big enough if you have larger necklaces, like oversized pearls and such.

Stackers sell them. My jewellery box is from Stackers (in the light pink leather) and I like the fact I can buy extra trays and accessories for it if needed. I haven’t got a watch roll but looking at the online photos it looks as if you could get three-four watches on one roll, depending on the size of the dial.

One of the items on my Christmas list this year is a forever jewelry box. I have travel pouches and random jewelry rolls but most of my pieces are in their original pouches or boxes. It’s a bit of a mess!

My major criteria is that it must have a watch roll compartment that can house three or four watches. Actual watch rolls, not just space to lay a watch flat. I looked at Wolf but the pictures don’t seem to show watch rolls.

Any ideas?

Ercalano is the brand that immediately comes to mind for jewelry and watch storage.

You can even have them customized!

Really lovely wood marquetry boxes made in Italy.

249017C9-B846-4A97-9035-DAFEB08F67ED.jpeg5B0108CA-D202-4BA6-AA18-3847823A7E90.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: youngster
They used to be sold at saks online but I didn’t see anything this morning so they might not carry the line anymore.

I'm looking around right now for them and have found places that stock their music boxes but not their jewelry boxes. I'm not done searching yet though.

Agresti is another handmade Italian line with a boutique in Florence that I'd love to visit. Looks like they have beautiful burl wood and lacquer boxes but they don't appear to have significant watch storage in the smaller ones.

Reactions: Christofle
I'm looking around right now for them and have found places that stock their music boxes but not their jewelry boxes. I'm not done searching yet though.

Agresti is another handmade Italian line with a boutique in Florence that I'd love to visit. Looks like they have beautiful burl wood and lacquer boxes but they don't appear to have significant watch storage in the smaller ones.
One other thing worth looking into is local woodworking shops in your area. Not sure if anyone specializes in anything like that but I tend to have good luck with local artisans (feels like they always go the extra mile)

One other thing worth looking into is local woodworking shops in your area. Not sure if anyone specializes in anything like that but I tend to have good luck with local artisans (feels like they always go the extra mile)

This is another great idea, I will also check out Etsy. There may be some wonderful unique boxes there too.

Reactions: Christofle
Agresti is a good brand, or you could do something custom that will fit exactly your need in terms of compartments. I know someone who specializes in watch straps and watch rolls, his clients are mostly luxury watch collectors. But he also does custom of almost anything leather. He uses leather comparable to Hermes leather. His IG accounts are:

combat_straps
aaronbespokebym.petit

I’ve order watch straps from him and my friend has ordered some bracelets and a custom police badge holder.

Agresti is a good brand, or you could do something custom that will fit exactly your need in terms of compartments. I know someone who specializes in watch straps and watch rolls, his clients are mostly luxury watch collectors. But he also does custom of almost anything leather. He uses leather comparable to Hermes leather. His IG accounts are:

combat_straps
aaronbespokebym.petit

I’ve order watch straps from him and my friend has ordered some bracelets and a custom police badge holder.
Aaron Pimentel is a good recommendation indeed! He does a great job!

I also recommend Wolf, I have a jewelry armoire that is their biggest sized jewelry case, it has plenty of space for jewelry and watches. It's so big, my husband says I can fit into it! :P

this is similar to the one I have, they have since changed the compartments and dividers. I'm sure you can inquire to see if they have one with with watch compartment