Help! Birkin dream color, wrong hardware.

MissSteph

Jun 23, 2019
Hi ladies/gents! First off, I want to thank everyone for all the wisdom you have given! I’m now facing a dilemma and would like some advice from you all..

I fell in love hard with Bleu Electrique and it has been my dream color for a while. Unfortunately I have not seen much made in BE for a while. In June, I was offered a B35 Black togo birkin with GHW which I happily took because it would make a great work bag and it has since been my daily workhorse.I then put a B30 in BE, GHW in any lighter leather for errands and daytime use onto my wishlist. My SA told me it may take a while which does not bother me because I already have my birkin fix.

A couple of days ago, SA texted and asked if I am interested in a B30 in BE Tadelakt with PHW. On one hand, it is the right size and color for my dream bag (which does not come Too often), on the other hand, it is the wrong hardware and the leather is much shinier than what I have always imagine (I was thinking more matte like togo, chevre, or even epsom). It also got me thinking that perhaps it would be sensible to get PHW because my B35 is already with GHW (also a mini roulis in anemone with Perm) but the combination of BE and GHW is just so gorgeous!

sorry for being all over the place but please tell me what you think...
Should I wait for my true true dream combo Or what was offered is just as gorgeous?
Is BE in tadelakt too shiny/too loud, especially for daily daytime use? Any intell on tadelakt is also apprecited...

Thank you so much!

Hi ladies/gents! First off, I want to thank everyone for all the wisdom you have given! I’m now facing a dilemma and would like some advice from you all..

I fell in love hard with Bleu Electrique and it has been my dream color for a while. Unfortunately I have not seen much made in BE for a while. In June, I was offered a B35 Black togo birkin with GHW which I happily took because it would make a great work bag and it has since been my daily workhorse.I then put a B30 in BE, GHW in any lighter leather for errands and daytime use onto my wishlist. My SA told me it may take a while which does not bother me because I already have my birkin fix.

A couple of days ago, SA texted and asked if I am interested in a B30 in BE Tadelakt with PHW. On one hand, it is the right size and color for my dream bag (which does not come Too often), on the other hand, it is the wrong hardware and the leather is much shinier than what I have always imagine (I was thinking more matte like togo, chevre, or even epsom). It also got me thinking that perhaps it would be sensible to get PHW because my B35 is already with GHW (also a mini roulis in anemone with Perm) but the combination of BE and GHW is just so gorgeous!

sorry for being all over the place but please tell me what you think...
Should I wait for my true true dream combo Or what was offered is just as gorgeous?
Is BE in tadelakt too shiny/too loud, especially for daily daytime use? Any intell on tadelakt is also apprecited...

Thank you so much!
I think you should wait for your true dream combo, wrong hardware, wrong bag.

Bleu Electrique is once again on the SO options list this season. In my observation, when colors that have been MIA for a while are still available on the SO list, it seems a huge release of that color is upcoming. For example, in fall 2018, Rose Azalee was quite rare but it showed up on the SO list. I ordered it immediately for my SO and then over the next year, I watched its availability rise in all sorts of items including bags. I’ve seen similar things happen this year with craie and last year with raisin. I expect any day now, H will turn its focus back to Bleu electrique and more items will appear. That’s a lot of words to say, wait for your dream bag, I have a feeling it won’t be too long of a wait. Good luck!

Don’t do it. Wait for BE w/ GHW.

I was in your exact shoes a few years ago. I already had a B35 Etoupe w/ GHW. I really wanted Malachite w/GHW. Well, a B35 Malachite w/PHW was offered. I took it, because it was soooo close. Well, it bothered me so much for years that I took a loss and sold it last year. Just got a Malachite w/GHW K28 a few months ago. I couldn’t be happier. I wish I saved myself the time and dough and just waited.

Your bag will come. Perhaps your SA can vouch for you to have an SO?

hand, it is the right size and color for my dream bag (which does not come Too often), on the other hand, it is the wrong hardware and the leather is much shinier than what I have always imagine
ITA with @SpicyTuna13 above. based on what I read of your post above, IMO, wait and do not buy. HW is a deal breaker and was a costly mistake for me (I realized I was a phw person after I had bought ghw BBK, barenia HAC and a few other bags) . there will always be other bags around the corner esp. with covid. Good luck finding your perfect B30.

Last edited:
This is my honest opinion as I would love a BE B30 (or 25) GHW tooooo.... so I would be struggling just like you are if I got that offer!
Tadelakt is prone to scratches and being a smooth leather that would KILL me. I would worry too much about that factor so it is not ideal for my daily, casual use. That leather is absolutely beautiful, precious and I looooove the shiny LOOK of Tadelakt, but would I carry it? NO WAY. Too scary. I have learned my lesson with scary leather/color choices and it never worked out for me. Aaaand the hardware is crucial. I would wait for Togo in GHW absolutely. It's practical, painless and ohhh so gorgeous!!! Everything you want for the price you will pay! Pure enjoyment.

GL dear and let us know what u decide.

Last edited:
I think you should wait for your true dream combo, wrong hardware, wrong bag.
I don’t own any tadelakt bags except 2 tiny Kelly twilly charms and it seems to be more prone to scratches? To me wrong hardware and not ideal leather is an absolute no. For what we are paying for the bag we have to absolutely love it.
It may be your dream color but it’s not your dream Birkin. I would say no and be patient.
You should not modify your dream. Wait for what you want.

Thank you all! I really think I am leaning toward waiting at this point. It helps that it’s Covid and my social life has taken a hit. :smile:. I do want to keep an open mind and go see the bag in person though.Even if I don’t end up buying it, it would be the first time I try out a B30 for size.

Reactions: keodi
Bleu Electrique is once again on the SO options list this season. In my observation, when colors that have been MIA for a while are still available on the SO list, it seems a huge release of that color is upcoming. For example, in fall 2018, Rose Azalee was quite rare but it showed up on the SO list. I ordered it immediately for my SO and then over the next year, I watched its availability rise in all sorts of items including bags. I’ve seen similar things happen this year with craie and last year with raisin. I expect any day now, H will turn its focus back to Bleu electrique and more items will appear. That’s a lot of words to say, wait for your dream bag, I have a feeling it won’t be too long of a wait. Good luck!

Ooo thanks for this info! I do hope that is true and BE is making a come back. It is such a gorgeous color and Blue is 2020 color of the year.

Last edited:
Don’t do it. Wait for BE w/ GHW.

I was in your exact shoes a few years ago. I already had a B35 Etoupe w/ GHW. I really wanted Malachite w/GHW. Well, a B35 Malachite w/PHW was offered. I took it, because it was soooo close. Well, it bothered me so much for years that I took a loss and sold it last year. Just got a Malachite w/GHW K28 a few months ago. I couldn’t be happier. I wish I saved myself the time and dough and just waited.

Your bag will come. Perhaps your SA can vouch for you to have an SO?
ITA with @SpicyTuna13 above. based on what I read of your post above, IMO, wait and do not buy. HW is a deal breaker and was a costly mistake for me (I realized I was a phw person after I had bought ghw BBK, barenia HAC and a few other bags) . there will always be other bags around the corner esp. with covid. Good luck finding your perfect B30.

thank you both! Yes, I do fear that buyer regret will be costly. :sad:...

• Love
Reactions: 880
This is my honest opinion as I would love a BE B30 (or 25) GHW tooooo.... so I would be struggling just like you are if I got that offer!
Tadelakt is prone to scratches and being a smooth leather that would KILL me. I would worry too much about that factor so it is not ideal for my daily, casual use. That leather is absolutely beautiful, precious and I looooove the shiny LOOK of Tadelakt, but would I carry it? NO WAY. Too scary. I have learned my lesson with scary leather/color choices and it never worked out for me. Aaaand the hardware is crucial. I would wait for Togo in GHW absolutely. It's practical, painless and ohhh so gorgeous!!! Everything you want for the price you will pay! Pure enjoyment.

GL dear and let us know what u decide.

Thank you! Togo and Epsom are my top choices too for ease of daily use! Idon’t have experience with Tadelakt but it sounds like a pain :sad:. Perhaps it is true what @acrowcounted said and BE will make a huge come back and we can both get BE w GHW soon!