Question about rectangular mini structure

Feb 5, 2013
Hi all,

I live too far from a Chanel boutique to try anything on, so I’m hoping you can help. I’m on the waiting list for a black rectangular mini, and I’m wondering if it’s normal for the sides to pooch out a bit (for lack of a more elegant phrase)?

I’ve seen several where the sides look more vertical in a true rectangular shape and several where the sides are visible/come out even when looking at the bag straight on.

I’m wondering if this is a known issue with certain collections, or it has to do with how much you put in the bag, etc. I’ve attached screenshots of 2 bags that were unboxed on YouTube videos (both brand new—first 2 are of the one with sides that don’t protrude and the last one is one that does protrude).

Thank you!

1F77C9FD-0A42-4C90-BBA2-10BEACEC6995.jpeg

CB71613B-96AC-4F5A-9B7F-B0D3E1AF034A.jpeg

63B254FF-5B81-42A8-84FD-BD9AB90CB9C1.jpeg

Hi all,

I live too far from a Chanel boutique to try anything on, so I’m hoping you can help. I’m on the waiting list for a black rectangular mini, and I’m wondering if it’s normal for the sides to pooch out a bit (for lack of a more elegant phrase)?

I’ve seen several where the sides look more vertical in a true rectangular shape and several where the sides are visible/come out even when looking at the bag straight on.

I’m wondering if this is a known issue with certain collections, or it has to do with how much you put in the bag, etc. I’ve attached screenshots of 2 bags that were unboxed on YouTube videos (both brand new—first 2 are of the one with sides that don’t protrude and the last one is one that does protrude).

Thank you!

View attachment 4900584

View attachment 4900585

View attachment 4900586
Hi! I have a similar issue with a Chanel jumbo i just bought and i do not know if its normal or to return it

Attachments

• 20201108_165829.jpg
    20201108_165829.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201108_165733.jpg
    20201108_165733.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 19
Some Chanel bags will have less structure on the side than others even if they are new. Since they are all made by hand and by different craftsmen some will be better made than others. Hopefully you will find one you like, I've have to pass on a few bags due to lack of structure or flaws. Good luck !

Hiya! I recently purchased a preloved lamb skin timeless classic but I am noticing that it won’t stay upright by itself. It is about 11 years old- is this normal or should I be concerned about it’s authenticity?

Hiya! I recently purchased a preloved lamb skin timeless classic but I am noticing that it won’t stay upright by itself. It is about 11 years old- is this normal or should I be concerned about it’s authenticity?
Hi! First congratulations on your new bag!

I'm not sure about authenticity but some bags do flop over depending on how they are stored. I have read that some tpfers will rotate how they store the bag (they'll lay it down on the back, front, and each side, sometimes even hang it) just to evenly distribute how it gets weighed down.

In your case, the bag is old so it could just be wear and tear or the person who owned it didn't store it well so the bag started to lose its structure over time due to the weight of the flap and chain.

If you are concerned you can try to get it authenticated for peace of mind. :smile: