cheap facial cleansers?

jellybebe

loves pink!!!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Now, I love salon hair products and high-quality creams/moisturizers as much as the next product junkie, but no matter what kinds of high-end facial cleansers I try, I always find that the cheap drugstore stuff like Clean & Clear or Neutrogena work best on me. I was using Boots no. 7 cleanser (which isn't "expensive" but it's not quite the same as Clean & Clear either) and before that I was using ROC and Biotherm and none of them worked as well for me over the last 6-8 months as this cheap Neutrogena stuff I picked up on the weekend when I accidentally left all my toiletries at school. Within 3 days my skin is clear and glowing again. With the other "higher end" products my skin lost its glow and if I got a zit, the product would do nothing for it. Why is that? It doesn't make chemical sense to me. Does anyone else have the same experience?

Not really. The only 'cheap' beauty product I use is Body Shop's body wash. When it comes to my skin, I use Dermalogica face cleansers as it keeps my skin clean and not dry at all. I strongly recommend Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel if you've got normal-combi skin, Anti-Bac wash if you've got oily skin or Ultracalming cleanser if you've got dry skin.

Even though I'm in my teens, I don't have any acne or serious breakouts thus far, and I fully credit it to Dermalogica's line of skincare products.

I totally agree. I've tried what seems like every expensive cleanser/foaming facewash/magical cleaning potion on the market ... I always come back to "Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash."

It's on drugstore.com ... I always order one for the bathroom sink and one for in the shower. My bf uses it, too, but only because it's there.

I use Cetaphil every night.

i use cetaphil, too! my dermatologist recommended it to me years ago, and i really haven't stopped using it since. i've tried both high-end and drugstore facial products but i think i always go back to cetaphil because my dermatologist had recommended it to me.

individual skin reacts differently to different types of products, though, so i think it just really depends on what you feel work best for you!

i use cetaphil gentle cleanser. i never use any of that fancy shmancy pricey stuff...its full of fragrance and other harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin and cause you to break out

I really like Neutrogena's new Oil Free Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub. Could the name be anymore complicated!? It's their only cleanser that is green. It contains 2% salicylic acid. I like that it exfoliates and removes my make up. It's not drying in the least. My skin feels so soft and clean after I use it.

I used to use Lancome Clarifiance, but have switched to Jason Red Gentle Gel Cleanser. It costs about half of what Lancome did, and the ingredients are better. You can find it at Whole Foods or other health food stores.