Lady Dior Medium in Metallic Grey/Silver?

shup

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Hello!

I was pretty obsessed with Chanel for awhile but I really want to get Lady Dior and I love the metallic colors. I just started looking through the forums and it looks like last year there was a medium metallic dark grey with gold hardware and flap opening-- I think that would be a HG for me. I love the small or abc/my lady dior, but I would really like a slightly bigger size. I think that would medium would be better space-wise for me. I'm also chubby wubby and not very petite, so its probably best to have one size up. I am planning to purchase as a forever bag-- because I have liked if for several years at this point.

Although the price is crazy, I do want to find one, and I have a couple questions.

1. Does Dior do seasonal metallics? I remember the last time I went to Dior they used to have silver, which is gorgeous, but its no longer offered? Is there some kind of seasonal pattern in which metallic colors come out? Does anyone know if/when metallic colors might come out for the medium lady dior?

2. I'm in the US (LA in California), anyone have a good SA to recommend at the Boutique if I want to find something?

3. If I can't find a metallic medium- seems like I missed the boat on silver, and dark grey metallic etc., are there any good reselling places you would recommend to purchase? I know Fashionphile, Yoogis, and Realreal, but have never really bought preloved and am new to Dior. So any recs would be wonderful.

Cheers and Thank you!!
-Stella

Hello!

I was pretty obsessed with Chanel for awhile but I really want to get Lady Dior and I love the metallic colors. I just started looking through the forums and it looks like last year there was a medium metallic dark grey with gold hardware and flap opening-- I think that would be a HG for me. I love the small or abc/my lady dior, but I would really like a slightly bigger size. I think that would medium would be better space-wise for me. I'm also chubby wubby and not very petite, so its probably best to have one size up. I am planning to purchase as a forever bag-- because I have liked if for several years at this point.

Although the price is crazy, I do want to find one, and I have a couple questions.

1. Does Dior do seasonal metallics? I remember the last time I went to Dior they used to have silver, which is gorgeous, but its no longer offered? Is there some kind of seasonal pattern in which metallic colors come out? Does anyone know if/when metallic colors might come out for the medium lady dior?

2. I'm in the US (LA in California), anyone have a good SA to recommend at the Boutique if I want to find something?

3. If I can't find a metallic medium- seems like I missed the boat on silver, and dark grey metallic etc., are there any good reselling places you would recommend to purchase? I know Fashionphile, Yoogis, and Realreal, but have never really bought preloved and am new to Dior. So any recs would be wonderful.

Cheers and Thank you!!
-Stella
1) Dior does do seasonal metallics, especially for fall and winter.

2) I'm from Canada, so I can't help with this.

3) They should still have some at other boutiques in the US. You can request that your local Dior boutique transfer it in for you.

Reactions: shup
1) Dior does do seasonal metallics, especially for fall and winter.

2) I'm from Canada, so I can't help with this.

3) They should still have some at other boutiques in the US. You can request that your local Dior boutique transfer it in for you.
Thank you!! If Fall Winter usually has metallics, when do new metallic colors come out-- in terms of months of the year typically? I will try to see if I can track down a medium gunmetal. Do you happen to know what color the medium gunmetal was? I tried looking at the Dior website and it won't load any longer because the product is no longer available.

Thank you,
Stella

Thank you!! If Fall Winter usually has metallics, when do new metallic colors come out-- in terms of months of the year typically? I will try to see if I can track down a medium gunmetal. Do you happen to know what color the medium gunmetal was? I tried looking at the Dior website and it won't load any longer because the product is no longer available.

Thank you,
Stella
I think some of the colours were released already. Fall is released really early, like back in June and July.

Here is a link to a recent reveal of one of the gunmetal ones:

The Dior website doesn't show a lot of the items in the boutique, so that the list of bags isn't exhaustive online.

I think some of the colours were released already. Fall is released really early, like back in June and July.

The Dior website doesn't show a lot of the items in the boutique, so that the list of bags isn't exhaustive online.

Oh I see, so should Check with boutique. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Reactions: averagejoe
Hi
earlier this month, I purchased a My ABCDior in the very same metallic shade you are talking about.
My post is already linked here by averagejoe.
It is a limited release for this year’s fall-winter collection.
The colour is called Canon de Fusil.
If I’m correct, it’s only available in My ABCDior.
It’s gorgeous and very unique.
Plus it’s got a pinkish sheen to it when in natural or indoor lighting.
I suggest you ask your SA to source one for you, so that you can look at it personally.

If you’ve been looking for a metallic, I’ll say this is a great one to have in a collection.
Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and shup

Hi there!

So they weren't able to find a medium for me- I went to the Beverly Hills Dior on Friday and the SA wasn't too helpful. I did see the MY ABC dior in steel and it was gorgeous! So I am pondering/counting my pennies.

I do have a question, I am also looking at preloved because silver is gorgeous. I found this one on Fashionphile and it says its an ABC, but the year is 2017.

Didn't ABC's come out last year 2019? Is this the older model My Lady Dior with the pin badges instead of the new sliding badges? I am interested in purchasing, but would want the kind with the new sliding badges and I really can't tell on my own what model this one is.

Thanks so much for your expertise and help Averagejoe!

Hi there!

So they weren't able to find a medium for me- I went to the Beverly Hills Dior on Friday and the SA wasn't too helpful. I did see the MY ABC dior in steel and it was gorgeous! So I am pondering/counting my pennies.

I do have a question, I am also looking at preloved because silver is gorgeous. I found this one on Fashionphile and it says its an ABC, but the year is 2017.

Didn't ABC's come out last year 2019? Is this the older model My Lady Dior with the pin badges instead of the new sliding badges? I am interested in purchasing, but would want the kind with the new sliding badges and I really can't tell on my own what model this one is.

Thanks so much for your expertise and help Averagejoe!
This is the older version with badges, called My Lady Dior. It has removable pins which are no longer sold because they are emphasizing the MyABCDior now.

Is that the Lady Dior in Iron Grey?? I've been searching!

yes it is. i got it from dior selfridges london. The sa there were so nice, they almost drowned me in drinks and chocolate when i was there haha :biggrin: there are tons of metallic ones in the uk stores, including the older version ones with zip closure in pearly pink and grey too.

Reactions: averagejoe
yes it is. i got it from dior selfridges london. The sa there were so nice, they almost drowned me in drinks and chocolate when i was there haha :biggrin: there are tons of metallic ones in the uk stores, including the older version ones with zip closure in pearly pink and grey too.
Haha that makes me so happy! :smile: Thank you for your reply!

Hello! I am looking to purchase the ABC Lady Dior. Can someone please share with me the difference between these two shades of grey?
Iron Grey Vs Gris
Thank you so much!