Dreams do come true. PSA THE ALEXA IS BACK!

I'm curious to see it in person! Ten years ago I wanted one but bought a PS1 instead. I still love the aesthetic! :love:

Same! In 2010 I was deciding between Mulberry Alexa and the PS1. I didn't have enough money for both then, as I had just started working. Ultimately got the PS1 (no regrets). I was gutted that the Alexa got discontinued after. But now that the it's back I can finally add it to my collection.

Same! In 2010 I was deciding between Mulberry Alexa and the PS1. I didn't have enough money for both then, as I had just started working. Ultimately got the PS1 (no regrets). I was gutted that the Alexa got discontinued after. But now that the it's back I can finally add it to my collection.
As an owner of both bags I actually preferred the PS1 more so I think you made the right decision back then by choosing that over the Alexa :smile: Alexa is lovely, it’s still one of my beloved bags and always will be, I lusted after the style for a long time and had saved up all my money to buy it back then. I don’t regret it, but I definitely liked PS1 a bit more. It had everything from its many pockets, incredible lightness, and comfy soft strap!

Glad you finally have a chance to get an Alexa, hope you enjoy her!

I’ve just ordered the new Alexa in black in the regular size. I think it looks really good on the site so hopefully I’ll be delighted with the leather, lock and unlined style as mentioned by others with mixed reviews. I’m a big fan of mulberry and this bag.

I got into mulberry just as the Alexa was discontinued and originally missed out so bought a black sbs which I love but find a bit small and the floppy handle is annoying. I was lucky enough to snap up a chestnut Alexa in polished buffalo leather a few years ago in a mulberry.com sale and it is my absolute go to to weekend or more casual bag. It’s my favourite mulberry bag. I wasn’t going to buy anymore bags this year and had been doing really well at that and then suddenly mulberry put a new Alexa in my inbox! Two days later and my resolve has gone so it’s on order.

I’m not sure what I’ll do about the sbs. I love the natural leather and it is very smart carried by the top handle but it might be a bit redundant with a black Lexi about which is a better size for me. I’m reluctant to sell it as I don’t usually part with any bags. I’ve got girls who might enjoy it one day too. They don’t get my love of bags yet.

Can’t wait to see the new Alexa when it arrives! Hopefully it will be very much like the original.

I didn’t want to love it. You need sunglasses to look at it and I’m am worried I’m too old to carry her (I’m 42) but there’s something about her I love :love:
I have tons of classic bags and I’m not overly worried about resale.....:confused1::confused1::confused1: Decisions

View attachment 4898668
I do not think that you are too old to carry it. This colour will look lovely with darker clothes or with jeans and a white top. If you love it - enjoy it! :smile:

I didn’t want to love it. You need sunglasses to look at it and I’m am worried I’m too old to carry her (I’m 42) but there’s something about her I love :love:
I have tons of classic bags and I’m not overly worried about resale.....:confused1::confused1::confused1: Decisions

View attachment 4898668
It's beautiful and no way are you too old for it! Even if you were 62 you would not be too old to wear it.

View attachment 4898668
I’m a just few years older than you and I’d definitely wear it. Pink is a good neutral and goes with most things. I’ve got a few pink bags or I might have been tempted to get this instead of the black. Age means nothing!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments :blush: I was worried because it was so neon but now I've tried it with a black outfit it looks nice and I think I've got the confidence to wear it! I also managed to buy an original oversized Alexa today in polished buffalo with nickel so that can be my subdued bag :yes: I think that's my present from Santa though!

I’ve not posted on here for ages!

I was tempted back to Mulberry by the talk of the Alexa and I ordered the Limited Edition Gunmetal one when it came out on Monday and also an outlet black one

I was hugely disappointed by the LE one!

It‘s not gunmetal really - more a shiny black and it looks and feels really plasticy

I was also really disappointed in the hardware - it’s noticeably less chunky on the newer one and just feels ‘cheaper’ - which it certainly isn’t!

Suffice to say I’m keeping the outlet one - especially as it’s £550 cheaper!

Thanks for your review and pics!

So that is the new one that sold out instantly ... I don't like it, don't like the handle either. What leather is it?

I definitely prefer your Outlet one!

Wow, you're so lucky, I would love a SDR in the oxblood silky nappa! I keep scanning preloved sites in the hope that one day one appears that I can buy and treasure.

I hope you get one, it's a very special bag. Even though it's super rare, they do come by now and again -- I saw one in very good condition listed on one of the Facebook groups a couple months ago, but it got snapped up very quickly.

Yes, it was the Limited Edition one which was sold out by 9am on Monday - there’ll be at least one popping up for sale on their website when they get mine back

I’m not sure what leather it was and I can’t check as it’s gone back but it felt very lightweight and plasticy

I also don’t understand why it was £255 more than the other regular alexas (it was £1350 compared to £1095) as it doesn’t seem to have any special features that warrant that difference

Reactions: rockdiva
After visiting the store in Glasgow today I was still torn about the pink neon alexa so wanted to see the others in the flesh. Absolutely fell in love with the mini in chestnut so I swapped it over! I know I’ll live to regret letting the pink one go! The mini is a beauty though :love:

Attachments

• 08EC9841-EE5C-461D-848F-D8A07ABA828D.jpeg
    08EC9841-EE5C-461D-848F-D8A07ABA828D.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 151