Pls help! Celine teen box strap issue

Should I return the bag or wait for the new strap?

• Total voters

f1997

Oct 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

I purchased a celine classic bag in teen size from 24S and it arrived with a 4 hole strap. I've done a lot of research on this bag and I know that it should have 3 holes for the teen size bag. (Both the medium and small size classic bag have 4 holes on the strap, and the drop lengths are different depending on the position of the holes.) I've contacted my local celine store and they also told me the teen size bag has 3 holes.

However, I've contacted 24S and they kept telling me that they sent me the correct strap, and they claimed they did not have any 3 hole strap in stock. They also said that they've asked for celine to send a new strap but there was no respond from the brand.

Now I have two choices to make - either return the bag or wait untill they get a new strap from the brand (but they could not give an answer for how long this would take).

I really love this bag, but it really bothers me that everytime I wear this bag I would know it has the wrong strap. And I could not even adjust it to a shorter length (There were two ways to adjust the 4 hole strap, and the second and the third hole just won't align).

Could anyone who has a teen size classic bag help check the holes on your strap? Should I return it or wait for a respond?

Any help would be great! Thanks

Last edited:
Hi!
I actually just brought the classic bag in the teen size from the Celine boutique in Selfridges London today, and can confirm that mine also has 4 holes. My SA said that this is a new thing they're doing

I've got the teen in the colour Linen, liege leather - not even listed on the website yet so I'm inclined to think the newer teen bags will have 4 holes!

Hi!
I actually just brought the classic bag in the teen size from the Celine boutique in Selfridges London today, and can confirm that mine also has 4 holes. My SA said that this is a new thing they're doing

I've got the teen in the colour Linen, liege leather - not even listed on the website yet so I'm inclined to think the newer teen bags will have 4 holes!
Thanks so much for sharing the information. That really cleared up my doubts!

Thanks so much for sharing the information. That really cleared up my doubts!
Glad I could help! I actually prefer the strap with 4 holes :smile:
using holes 1+2 is perfect for cross-body/one shoulder, plus you don't have the end of the strap sticking out like before!
Holes 3+4 can be used for a shoulder bag like the medium/small, so theres definitely more options!

A little correction on my part (incase anyone finds this post and was searching for the bag) - the Teen in Linen is from SS2020, so the change in strap must have been since then (for at least the ones made recently)

I just bought a Celine teen bag and have the exact same situation with the straps. It seems like the holes were not punched correctly and it’s disappointing given how much I paid for this bag (and it’s my first Celine!). I just wrote to Celine with pictures of the issue.

Attachments

• 423FB23B-6168-44FC-8AF9-E131B9A0A82F.jpeg
    423FB23B-6168-44FC-8AF9-E131B9A0A82F.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 60
  • CB0ED15F-675B-4A62-86A8-15AC108BBF83.jpeg
    CB0ED15F-675B-4A62-86A8-15AC108BBF83.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 8B4AB8CA-E0B2-4130-9177-0D71222C76F1.jpeg
    8B4AB8CA-E0B2-4130-9177-0D71222C76F1.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 7F7273D8-1087-4228-90CE-65C6C7B41758.jpeg
    7F7273D8-1087-4228-90CE-65C6C7B41758.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: ahswong
I just bought a Celine teen bag and have the exact same situation with the straps. It seems like the holes were not punched correctly and it’s disappointing given how much I paid for this bag (and it’s my first Celine!). I just wrote to Celine with pictures of the issue.
Hi!
Has Celine replied you back regarding the strap issue?
I have the exact same problem with my Teen Celine box. My strap has 4 holes, and the 2nd and 3rd hole won’t align. It bothers me so much.
If you’ve heard from them, i’d really appreciate your update. Thanks :sad: