selling on offerup

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I've had some very good experiences selling on offerup. People usually show up with their money in hand and don't even want to inspect items before paying. but the people contacting me to inquire or negotiate can be quite annoying. I had one yesterday who said she would like to buy my items for full price ($40). I said "ok when do you want to come?" After a while she comes back and says would you sell both items for $15?
With these people sometimes I want to say "ha ha"
I went back to her and said "do you mean $15 each?" no reply, of course.
Just venting. anyone else have this type of experience? I still prefer offerup to CL.

I gave up on offer up! Way too many lowballers! However the items I did end up selling for a reasonable price went smoothly.
If I could I would 100% sell everything locally with cash, less chance for scammers

I gave up on offer up! Way too many lowballers! However the items I did end up selling for a reasonable price went smoothly.
If I could I would 100% sell everything locally with cash, less chance for scammers
right
the people who show up are great but so many hiding behind their phones with super low offers...this one last night asking for a 60-70 percent discount - after she had said she wanted to buy for FP