Can I scotchgard jacquard fabric?

ElectricBoots

Jan 31, 2018
I purchased the Since 1854 Deuville mini (in grey) and I am so in love! My question is it safe to scotchgard the jacquard fabric? My only heistation with buying the bag was the fabric. Or is there some other method to protect the fabric froms stains?

My SA told me that despite its looks, they made it just as waterproof as the classic PVC canvas. I was surprised.

Do you happen to know if it’s as resistant to stains or discolouration as well? I’ve been curious as to what it feels like but haven’t been able to make it into store to see for myself!

Reactions: ElectricBoots
Do you happen to know if it’s as resistant to stains or discolouration as well? I’ve been curious as to what it feels like but haven’t been able to make it into store to see for myself!
It really just feels like regular woven fabric. So I was surprised when she told me that it is water resistant. I assume that it is mostly against rain, and they probably use a tight weave combined with a waxy thread formula. So I have a feeling that while it can withstand rain and won't get soaked, it is not stain resistant. So maybe the right phrase is water repellent (although she said resistant).
As for discolouration: I belive that it is such a new material for Vuitton, that they don't have enough experience yet. I know that they test them, but this is a matter of months and years to show.

Reactions: ElectricBoots
Thanks for the input ladies. I may try it on a small spot. I am hesitant as the bottom of the bag is leather so if there is an adverse reaction it will be more noticeable. I just love it so much I do not want to harm it!

Curious if anyone ever tried this with their Since 1854 piece. I got the beige zippy coin purse from the 2022 Cruise Collection. Really want to Scotchgard since it is such a light fabric, but worried about discoloration. I did throw caution to the wind and Scotchgard my Dior Book Tote in the gray/cream toile de jouy, and that did not have any adverse effects -- at least, not yet. I do wonder if it could over time.

I have the grey 1984 Neverfull as well. I did nothing to it and so far, it’s held up well, although it’s not a daily carry. (Monogram Noe Noe seems to be my go-to lately.)

Many years ago I had a large pink Coach Poppy bag in Jaquard. Being large, I took that bag on airplanes and kicked it under seats. No protection at all, no babying, I didn’t love it except for size. Yet it never got a mark, even with the color. I still have it although the handles are starting to get sticky. I’m fond of it now because it did me right, so I’ll have to fix her handles.

If LVs Jaquard holds up as well as Coach’s, (and it should) it should last for years. I don’t intend to spray mine but am curious to hear what others do.

I Scotchguard all of my LV fabric pieces (1854 jacquard, mono denim) as well as my vachetta leathers and I have never had any issues with it. My one suggestion is not to do a heavy spray or it will build-up and appear white. Multiple light sprays over a few days with full drying in between is how I do it.

Reactions: Jumper