Dreams do come true. PSA THE ALEXA IS BACK!

I suppose these are as massproduced as they were 10 years ago. I did like the fact that Mulberry had so many different kind of leathers to offer, that’s for sure, but some of the older leathers weren’t perfect either. Actually I prefer the newer polished buffalo Alexa (like the pickle green) than the soft buffalo, so I don’t miss the soft buffalo at all. :smile:

I suppose these are as massproduced as they were 10 years ago. I did like the fact that Mulberry had so many different kind of leathers to offer, that’s for sure, but some of the older leathers weren’t perfect either. Actually I prefer the newer polished buffalo Alexa (like the pickle green) than the soft buffalo, so I don’t miss the soft buffalo at all. :smile:
Oh good grief you are right - soft buffalo is the leather of Miss Pickle ... :blush: I like that leather much better than soft buffalo, too.

Reactions: Taimi
Love the colour :heart:

More varied leather selections would have been nice, but I'm okay with bovine grain leather. In my experience the leather is hardy. My first choice would have been Buffalo calf though. The leather looks so soft and pliable in vintage alexas. And it patinas beautifully from the pictures that I have seen.

Regardless of the leather, I think I will buy one next year. Mini alexa will be at the top of my next year's wish list.
I agree! The Mini Alexa will be next on my wish list!

Reactions: youngster
ETA2: I love the fact that most of the Alexas are unlined! I have two Lexies with leather lining (the pumpkin and quilted beige) and imo the canvas linings in especially soft buffalo Alexas were not very luxurious..

I love love love the unlined interior!

Regardless of the leather, I think I will buy one next year. Mini alexa will be at the top of my next year's wish list.

I'm okay with the leather too and I'm definitely getting a mini next year - I really want the black (it doesn't have the tree though??) and the chestnut, but I already have the vintage mini in oak soft buffalo which is too close to chestnut to get both ... unless I sell the vintage? At this price point, to be honest, I'm going to hold out for more colours.

I'm guessing the Limited Edition (silver hardware) black Alexa is sold out, as the link isn't working - it's rather nice. Anyone know if it was goat leather?

My current inclination:

- Black regular w/ gold HW
- Black mini
- Chestnut mini (if I end up selling my mini oak)

Holding out for:

- A red mini
- A blush pink mini

I think the metallic limited edition has sold out with the SHW. I ordered the regular in Neon Pink this morning :coolio: Not sure if I’ll be able to pull that colour off!

I had an original Alexa in the pumpkin nappa, the leather was stunning but the wear on the corners for a bag that was barely used wasn’t good at all:tdown:

I'm guessing the Limited Edition (silver hardware) black Alexa is sold out, as the link isn't working - it's rather nice. Anyone know if it was goat leather?

My current inclination:

- Black regular w/ gold HW
- Black mini
- Chestnut mini (if I end up selling my mini oak)

Holding out for:

- A red mini
- A blush pink mini

A mini red one would be nice :smile: or darker taupe :smile:

Unless more colours pop up with silver HW then i will go with the mini chestnut with gold HW.

I pulled the trigger on a vintage (well secondhand) Alexa... we‘ll see how that works out for me I‘m not too impressed with the quality of my latest mulberry piece (acne collab) so I‘ve been kind of hesitant to buy any full price items. My favorite mulberry bag is my preloved SBS and I just love the leather on it!

I saw these in store today at my local Mulberry. I personally am not a fan of the heavy grain leather, so I won’t be buying one (I have three from the original run anyway!) but I like the new top handle. Thought the interior looked a bit cheap given the RRP, though.

Reactions: lovingmybags
I saw these in store today at my local Mulberry. I personally am not a fan of the heavy grain leather, so I won’t be buying one (I have three from the original run anyway!) but I like the new top handle. Thought the interior looked a bit cheap given the RRP, though.

Thanks for your review! Was the interior unlined as per Mulberry's website description? I had some hopes when I saw the microfibre stuff going away! Couldn't figure out what heavy grain leather was supposed to feel like, either-did you find it stiff at all?

The mini blue one is a darling, and like someone mentioned earlier, hoping the mini would come out with a red as well. I need to hold on to my wallet, I’m all for a wonderful red and blue :love:

The original Alexa is what got me into this style and I had purchased 2 Proenza Schouler PS1 and a regular sized Alexa. However my Alexa was the polished buffalo (I think that’s what it’s called), and it was so heavy, I couldn’t wear it for extended period of time. I ended up not wearing it as much as I would’ve liked to due to the weight. The PS1 solved the weight issue. Wondering if the new Alexas would be heavy as well.