Scammed on $2000

vastare

O.G.
Feb 14, 2007
I am a member of a Louis Vuitton Group on Facebook. They screen members and they all sell authentic and sealed scam proof transaction and sellers. I am new to that group. I bought a bag for $1300 retails for $2000. The seller wanted money immediately. I thought its a safe group to buy from than Ebay. The seller Sent me a PayPal request and I immediately sent her the money. I told her its my anniversary gift. My husband paid me to buy a gift. I needed the bag soon and if she can send it right away. She said fine. This was Thursday Oct 22nd. She never sent me tracking on Friday. I asked her Saturday if she shipped, she said she was working late so she will mail it Monday. Monday comes, all day I asked if she mailed she ignored my messages and finally I said cancel my deal if she hasn't shipped. So Monday night, she sent me tracking said she already shipped that afternoon. But she sent me a picture of a shipping label created just then which showed 8:30pm. The whole week USPS never showed progress in tracking. I asked her if she has receipt to prove she dropped item at PO. She said she lost the reciept. USPS website Kept saying, "USPS expecting item" Finally yesterday, I went to my PO, they investigated and said label was created but never received item.

I filed a claim through PayPal. Seller has disappeared and not answering my messages. She is a young woman from Texas. Cannot believe I got scammed. Now have to wait for 2 weeks to get my money back from PayPal!

• Angry
Reactions: BlackApple
I am a member of a Louis Vuitton Group on Facebook. They screen members and they all sell authentic and sealed scam proof transaction and sellers. I am new to that group. I bought a bag for $1300 retails for $2000. The seller wanted money immediately. I thought its a safe group to buy from than Ebay. The seller Sent me a PayPal request and I immediately sent her the money. I told her its my anniversary gift. My husband paid me to buy a gift. I needed the bag soon and if she can send it right away. She said fine. This was Thursday Oct 22nd. She never sent me tracking on Friday. I asked her Saturday if she shipped, she said she was working late so she will mail it Monday. Monday comes, all day I asked if she mailed she ignored my messages and finally I said cancel my deal if she hasn't shipped. So Monday night, she sent me tracking said she already shipped that afternoon. But she sent me a picture of a shipping label created just then which showed 8:30pm. The whole week USPS never showed progress in tracking. I asked her if she has receipt to prove she dropped item at PO. She said she lost the reciept. USPS website Kept saying, "USPS expecting item" Finally yesterday, I went to my PO, they investigated and said label was created but never received item.

I filed a claim through PayPal. Seller has disappeared and not answering my messages. She is a young woman from Texas. Cannot believe I got scammed. Now have to wait for 2 weeks to get my money back from PayPal!
Thank God you went through PayPal!

So sorry to hear this. Which FB LV group was this ? I am also on a few LV groups, and I hope they out and ban this person. Praying you get all your money back to you !!

Reactions: caannie

At least you're getting your money refunded and lesson learned, I guess. I wonder if she knows that Paypal will go after her.

Reactions: vastare
Totally, So glad I did PayPal. She asked me to Venmo her money, I said I dint have
This lady just got scammed using Zelle. There was no way to get her money back. It was for a lot more than your transaction. You were smart not to Venmo. You would have been SOL. We take chances with these reseller transactions. We have to protect ourselves the best we can.

Reactions: vastare
I hope you get your money back soon. The only way these FB groups are "safe" is if you use PayPal goods and services. You should also not use PayPal friends and family and think you are covered. And it still is not safer than eBay. At least you can see a seller's feedback on eBay and have eBay and PayPal to cover you. Unfortunately, these are desperate times for some and scammers are in full bloom.

I hope you get your money back soon. The only way these FB groups are "safe" is if you use PayPal goods and services. You should also not use PayPal friends and family and think you are covered. And it still is not safer than eBay. At least you can see a seller's feedback on eBay and have eBay and PayPal to cover you. Unfortunately, these are desperate times for some and scammers are in full bloom.
Yea! I agree. At least we al are on alert with eBay as we know whom to watch for. After this, I dont feel comfortable with these FB groups as its closed forum and we dont know how reliable and who these admins are. Atleast Ebay is a company and they have rules and regulations. I am also glad it was " Item not received" instead of " Not as described" which is harder to contest and prove.

Reactions: cbarrus