Thinking about selling my LV Speedy B 25 Empreinte Infini

Nov 29, 2016
I have no idea what I am looking for here.

One one hand, I love my Speedy B. It's kind of the perfect bag. Love the size, the look, color. It's the OM, so I love, love, love the strap. Love the hardware a lot. Functionality.

Maybe I shouldn't sell it.

I've got too dang many bags and I just bought two of the environmentally friendly, interestingly practical Bebebark bags and am considering a Bobobark for my laptop. I'm thinking, I could sell my Speedy 25 and to fund those bags and have a little something left in my pocket.

Am I being rash?

Am I being annoying?

I only used my 25B emp once or twice in the last year. I typically grab my best Mom bag (Speedy 30 B DE), or a small Tods or BV for something smaller.

The only reason I keep the 25B emp is because it's so dang pretty and I doubt I'd every replace it.

I don't need tPF, I need a psychologist! Haha!

Feel free to ignore this post. Maybe I just needed a place to talk to myself.

On the other hand, if you have something to say, I'm all ears.

Hi! Your post really spoke to me and also made me laugh because I think we all need a bag therapist sometimes!:biggrin: It was was also so timely because I just pulled out my Empreinte Speedy after months of it sitting in its dust bag while I entertained thoughts of selling.

To be fair, this particular bag usually sits during the warmer months because it’s black with gold HW so doesn’t feel very summery to me. But that said, the world has changed and a lot of the activities I used my Speedy for (shopping, sports events and dinners out) aren’t happening right now and show no signs of returning soon.

There are four things I ask when someone has the “should I sell my bag” question:
1. Have you stopped liking the bag aesthetically? Does it no longer suit your personal style?
2. Does the bag no longer work for you functionally?
3. Do you need the money? And by this I don’t necessarily mean do you need the money to fund another bag — I mean, do you need the money for essentials like food, rent/mortgage, car payments, tuition, or to pay down credit card debt?
4. Is the bag easy to replace if you change your mind a year from now?

What stood out to me in your post was the headline was “Should I sell?” but the first words were you telling us how much you love the bag, how pretty and functional it is. I’ll confess I’m not objective about this one — I feel the same way about my Speedy! Mine is the new model and I love the outside pocket on mine the way you love the strap on yours! I sense that you still really love this bag, both functionally and stylistically, and you don’t need the money.

I’d wait if I were you. If you’re this unsure, hang on to the bag and see what happens over the next several months or a year. I think the time will come again when you really appreciate having it.

BTW, I hadn’t heard of Bobobark and had to look them up — What a cool design and environmentally friendly too! Why not save up for another one of those but hang on to your Speedy — they don’t have to be mutually exclusive!

Good luck!

I go through phases where I won’t touch a bag for months and I’m like, yes, I’m definitely selling it, then for whatever reason I change over to it and decide I like it again. The 3 bags I have sold I was 100% positive I’d never use again. And I felt zero regret when they were gone, and no desire to repurchase them.

Lend it to a friend and see if you want it back lol

I think we all need a bag therapist sometimes!

This should be the tagline of tPF.

I love the outside pocket on mine the way you love the strap on yours!
Seriously, the OM strap with the NM pocket, I'd never sell it.

Why not save up for another one of those but hang on to your Speedy — they don’t have to be mutually exclusive!

You are right, but I need to lighten my load. I have so dang many beautiful bags. It's silly.

Great advice, thanks!

This should be the tagline of tPF.

Seriously, the OM strap with the NM pocket, I'd never sell it.

You are right, but I need to lighten my load. I have so dang many beautiful bags. It's silly.

Great advice, thanks!

I have too many beautiful bags too — first world problems, right? :P My problem is that many of them are not as functional, and during the pandemic, I’ve only used my most functional bags. Too many have just been sitting. It really bugged me until I finally made the decision to just wait and see if I use them again when life goes back to some semblance of normalcy. It’s nice to not have to decide right away, IYKWIM.

Oh, that is a shame. I took mine in and they did something to it. I'd have to find my receipts. They didn't reglaze it, but they serviced it, so my glaze is perfect. No charge, I was very happy
I should add, because I know a lot of people search the term glazing, my bag is from 2013 (a bad year) and the glazing wasn't bad but it did seem to have a light, white residue. I took it in for a consult and they sent it off to get "Leather Care." I don't know what that means, but it came back beautiful.

Your post make me smile, very true though. I would keep the bag. I don't really think you need the money. No need to sell the bag to fund for others. You use it less doesn't mean you didn't like it. If I have extra funds, I like I buy even just to look at it.