Which boots should I get?

Which boots should I get?

• Salvatore Ferragamo brown riding boots (knee high)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Stuart Weitzman Half n Half cola nappa boots (knee high, not over the knee)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Aquatalia Lala black suede boots (over the knee)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Hello everyone and Happy Halloween!;)

I'm looking to get a pair of boots that are easy to wear with most outfits, versatile and durable. I'm 5 feet tall by the way and I've never owned a pair of over the knee boots. I like the way they look but not sure how they will look on me as I'm quite short. I like how dressy the Ferragomo boots are. I like how sexy the SW boots look. And I like how cute and durable the Aquatalia boots are. So, for the life of me I can't make a decision. I wish I could buy all three but unfortunately I can only afford one at the moment. :biggrin:

Please help me out! Which boots should I get???

Thank you in advance.

Pic 1. Salvatore Ferragomo boots
Pic 2. Stuart Weitzman boots
Pic 3. Aquatalia boots

SF Boots.jpg

stuart-weitzman-Black-5050-Knee-high-Boots.jpeg

Aquatalia Lala.jpg

They are all lovely but I vote for the SWs. I am on my second pair of 5050s (they hit me at the knee) And love how versatile and flattering they look - the fact that they are elastic aged means you get great ankle definition. I find that a lot of boots can be baggy at the ankle

Reactions: VenusYingG
They are all lovely but I vote for the SWs. I am on my second pair of 5050s (they hit me at the knee) And love how versatile and flattering they look - the fact that they are elastic aged means you get great ankle definition. I find that a lot of boots can be baggy at the ankle
I like them too but I'm not sure how durable they are. The stretchy fabric part looks delicate. Since you've owned two pairs, do you think they can withstand a bit of rain or snow?

Out of those options I think the Aquatalias will be most comfortable and durable, if that's important to you. I have a pair of 5050s and Aquatalia boots (different design than those). The Aquatalias are suuuuper comfortable and the suede is waterproof... I hiked for hours in snow and mud with my pair of boots for the first wear and it was totally comfy and the mud wiped away easily.

Out of those options I think the Aquatalias will be most comfortable and durable, if that's important to you. I have a pair of 5050s and Aquatalia boots (different design than those). The Aquatalias are suuuuper comfortable and the suede is waterproof... I hiked for hours in snow and mud with my pair of boots for the first wear and it was totally comfy and the mud wiped away easily.
How do your 50/50 boots hold up in rain and snow? I don't expect them to be as durable as the Aquatalias but are they durable at all?

How do your 50/50 boots hold up in rain and snow? I don't expect them to be as durable as the Aquatalias but are they durable at all?

I have a suede pair of 50/50 so they're a little more delicate than the leather ones you want. I haven't had a problem with durability... the elastic is really thick and high quality. I don't wear them in rain or snow though.

I like them too but I'm not sure how durable they are. The stretchy fabric part looks delicate. Since you've owned two pairs, do you think they can withstand a bit of rain or snow?
Most definitely, my first pair lasted me for 5 years and it’s not like it was falling apart by then, but with a lot of wear the boots were a bit stretched out and battered. The current pair is going into its third winter and is still looking great. I live in London so plenty of rain and I have’t had any issues - just make sure to waterproof the boots before you start wearing them. I have also worn them with some snow but not deep snow and I don’t think they are suitable for this kind of conditions of for when it’s really cold. They aren’t insulated and so I don’t work with temperatures lower than -5C.

oh one more thing.. they make a 50/50 style called “50/50 city” that has a lug sole for extra durability. That’s the model I actually have. The only difference is the bottom outsole is more rugged... I’ve taken mine to travel and walk around 8 hrs a day in them and this sole really helps a lot with wear. Here’s a pic of the sole, compare it to the one in your photo:

1604255346371.jpeg
It doesn’t look very different when you’re wearing them either. Someone would have to look directly at the bottom of your shoe to see that something looks different than the regular 50/50.

JMO! I wouldn’t buy the Aquatalias unless you’re looking for a specifically waterproof boot. Unless something has changed they use synthetic materials in their linings And they get sweaty. The Ferragamos are gorgeous but IMO they won’t hold up like the 50/50s. I’m on my 4th year on black 50/50 and 3rd on my navy pair and absolutely no issues. They’re the most comfy boots I’ve ever owned. Mine are both OTK but that’s up to you. BTW I love the lug soles on the SW’s. Wish mine had them. That may push me to buy another pair. I do think the Ferragamo boots are stunning but IMO no matter how casual, it’s a dress boot and will show wear.

I like all these styles! I think you have to decide if you want black vs. brown, maybe take into account which color you wear more often and if you already have a black or brown flat knee high boot and then get what you don't have yet. I'm taller than you (about 5'7") but prefer knee high to OTK, as I tend to wear tall boots more often with skirts/dresses vs. jeans. Most of my skirts/dresses are a little above the knee (I don't wear really short ones) and I prefer to have a little skin showing between the hem and top of the boot, so I would think about what proportions you prefer.