Where to get a t-osteotomy revision and v-line fixed after past doctor shaved too much bone off

emilylees

Oct 21, 2020
Hello
I've been post-op for a couple of months after v line and genioplasty surgery. I went to Korea to get them fixed but I was left disappointed when I saw that the doctor shaved too much of my jaw for v line and a t-osteotomy was performed on my chin but he made my chin way smaller than my jaw. The line where my chin was cut and the line of my jaw does not match up. There is a depression/dent on the side of my chin because of this. I'm very sad. Do you know where and how I would be able to fix my chin so it's a normal size that fits my face and someone to fix my v line because too much bone was shaved off? Please include clinic and price thank you so much.

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. You can try implants but bone resorption is so fast, the results don't last long. This is the reason why people should contemplate 100x before v-line or DJS coz once the bone is shaved, there is no replacement. It isn't like rhinoplasty or DES which can be revised. There are a few members who have the same problem and they still haven't found a solution. If you are in the US you could PM @Denyagan who had revision done by Eric Payne in Houston after Zygoma reduction. Dr. Payne is top tier so I guess a revision will set you back $20-25,000 and more if your case is complicated.
Here is the link to her thread:

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. You can try implants but bone resorption is so fast, the results don't last long. This is the reason why people should contemplate 100x before v-line or DJS coz once the bone is shaved, there is no replacement. It isn't like rhinoplasty or DES which can be revised. There are a few members who have the same problem and they still haven't found a solution. If you are in the US you could PM @Denyagan who had revision done by Eric Payne in Houston after Zygoma reduction. Dr. Payne is top tier so I guess a revision will set you back $20-25,000 and more if your case is complicated.
Here is the link to her thread:
I am just really sad. Are you sure nothing could be done to fix my over reduced v line? Would jawline implant work? Or bone putty or bone cement?

I am just really sad. Are you sure nothing could be done to fix my over reduced v line? Would jawline implant work? Or bone putty or bone cement?
Normally bone putty/bone cement is used for the implant but the resorption rate is high coz you use your jaw daily- eating, chewing, talking etc and it gets eroded unlike for example cheek implants coz there is less friction. Just google jaw implants, bone erosion, there are many articles explaining the cons of jaw implants.
I'm sorry but there is really nothing that can be done. You could email Dr. Payne and hear what he has to say. He is a craniofacial surgeon and will be able to give you a realistic opinion on what can be done. If I recall Denyagan said she needed several surgeries to repair the damage. She hasn't given a recent update of her results so I don't know how much he was able to reconstruct. Do your research well before choosing a surgeon coz many will take advantage of your desperation and try to get $$ from you. Make sure that whatever surgeon you choose has loads of experience as a plastic surgeon and specializes in craniofacial surgery.

Last edited:
i’m so sorry to hear this happened to you. i’m sure it hasn’t been easy going through this. did the doctor just not listen during the consultation? i’m sure you told them how you wanted your jaw/chin to look so this is frustrating to read. hoping you find a solution soon.

Wait so your bone of your chin could break and fall off completely?
To explain it easier, think of the bone putty like getting face fillers, the filler is reabsorbed after sometime just like the bone putty will resorb after sometime and you will be facing the same problem. LOL your chin bone will not break off literally, but the bone mass will become brittle due to friction and reduce over time, it is like buffing or filing your nails, the more you do it the thinner and weaker your nails become. The more the jaw implant rubs on your natural bone the more brittle it gets.

Reactions: dollhit
I would say wait at least another 9-10 months and then,if it still bothers you, get a custom implant that wraps around the jawline and chin (I’m not sure what they’re called). They’re crazy expensive but it’s the only thing I can think of that would address your problem. Also they’re fixed on the bone with mini screws and plates so there’s no friction. Just make sure to find a very experienced surgeon. I saw a video of a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who did this procedure with great results, but I don’t remember his name.

Reactions: Mazikeen
I would say wait at least another 9-10 months and then,if it still bothers you, get a custom implant that wraps around the jawline and chin (I’m not sure what they’re called). They’re crazy expensive but it’s the only thing I can think of that would address your problem. Also they’re fixed on the bone with mini screws and plates so there’s no friction. Just make sure to find a very experienced surgeon. I saw a video of a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who did this procedure with great results, but I don’t remember his name.
This is great. I'm just wondering how this will work for her since she her bone has been shaved off and she has no structure to support the implant as opposed to the other patients who all have their structure intact and just need an enhancement. I'm clutching my pearls for OP's wallet coz the price tag for the revision will be no joke.

Last edited: