Do YOU use your dustbag?

I use LV document/laptop bags and clutch bags (clutch bags in the evening and at weekends) and like my watches I rotate them week by week. Quite easy for a guy, we are usually fashion disasters and don't understand esoteric issues like colour coordination.

When not in rotation the bags sit in a dark closet with bubble wrap inserts, wearing their dust bags.

Always use dustbags with all my bags. Keeps them from getting dusty and dried out, dirty or scratches, prevents any color transfer. I buy a lot of pre-owned, most of which do not come with them, so I bought a bunch of inexpensive pillow cases. May not look as nice, but they do the job and fit a wide variety of bag shapes and sizes.
I always keep them stuffed with packing pillows, too. A little care goes a LONG way.

All my designer bags are in their dustbags and even some in their box. If its non designer bag but it is made of leather, I keep it in a dustbag as well.

If I buy a preloved designer bag without one, I will look for the same bag online to find out how the original dustbag looks like, and then I will try to buy the exact same on ebay or second hand apps. I know this may sound a little bit obsessive, cant help it :lol:

I really think they help preserve the bag and if you ever think of selling your bag, having a matching dustbag adds a bit of value.

All my designer bags are in their dustbags and even some in their box. If its non designer bag but it is made of leather, I keep it in a dustbag as well.

If I buy a preloved designer bag without one, I will look for the same bag online to find out how the original dustbag looks like, and then I will try to buy the exact same on ebay or second hand apps. I know this may sound a little bit obsessive, cant help it :lol:

I really think they help preserve the bag and if you ever think of selling your bag, having a matching dustbag adds a bit of value.
I have seen in numerous places NOT to store bags in their box as it does not allow enough air circulation. It seems like you are really particular about your bags and I didn’t know if you knew this. :smile:

I have seen in numerous places NOT to store bags in their box as it does not allow enough air circulation. It seems like you are really particular about your bags and I didn’t know if you knew this. :smile:

I didnt't know and I would love to know more about it! Im very pro dustbag but I don't have a strong opinion about boxes. I actually never researched the pro and cons of boxes to be honest. Is it bad regardless of the weather (humid or dry location)? is this true for all boxes or depends on the material (for example cardboard or fabric being a more porous and "breathable" material)? Appreciate any thoughts on this :flowers:

Reactions: ladysarah