Dior Saddle Bag Reviews/Functionality

dcheung

Jan 29, 2016
I've been interested in the saddle bag for awhile and I watched some Youtube reviews, but I wanted to get some more feedback from my fellow purse lovers as to the functionality of the bag. I heard that it is difficult to get things in and out of the bag. If you have one, do you use it often? Is it worth it?!

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I've been interested in the saddle bag for awhile and I watched some Youtube reviews, but I wanted to get some more feedback from my fellow purse lovers as to the functionality of the bag. I heard that it is difficult to get things in and out of the bag. If you have one, do you use it often? Is it worth it?!
I don't have the women's Saddle but I can't imagine it being that difficult to get stuff out of the bag. It isn't an open-top tote after all, which would be very easy to take things in and out of. Like most flap bags, the flap can get in the way when opening the bag, and I guess the arch on the top of the flap may make it a bit harder to open than flap bags that have one piece of leather folded over to form a flap.

The magnetic closure is very convenient, and since it is a hidden contact magnet, you don't need to align the magnets perfectly to securely close the bag. This makes it easier to open than flap bags with locks, snap-buttons, and circular magnets that need to align.

The most durable one is the grained calfskin. It keeps its structure very well, and the leather is very hard-wearing.

Reactions: dcheung
Hi,

I owned a Saddle bag for 1 week before I sold it. I had the black medium Saddle in grained calfskin leather and gold hardware. In terms of design and looks it’s absolutely gorgeous, and I’d be lying if I said that I’m not considering repurchasing it. However, if I buy it again I’ll get a more embellished or special edition version of it that I will keep as a collectors piece to be admired rather than used as an everyday bag.

The reason I sold my Saddle bag is because I thought it was fiddly to wear on a regular basis. The flap opening and the strap kind of crash into each other when you try opening the bag and makes it fussy to get to your stuff. I felt like I had to partially bend the flap under the strap and then backwards in order to see the inside of the bag. I was a bit scared that with time the flap would be bent out of shape or the glazing would start softening on the sides after being bent over and over. In my opinion the bag itself holds and ok amount of things, and for me personally all my daily essentials. However, you have to put your things into the bag with some care to fit it all so it is a bit of a Tetris game if you carry more than just a phone and a card holder. I also personally found it slightly awkward to carry with a longer shoulder strap, but also equally awkward to carry over the shoulder with only the shorter shoulder strap (the bag is fairly substantial so my arm kind of stuck out over it when I carried it over my shoulder).

That said I think it’s absolutely gorgeous. It felt very solid and well made, I’m sure it will take use over time really well. Even though the leather is thick and the whole bag very substantial I didn’t think it was heavy - even with my things inside. The grained leather did very well with absolutely no damage after I got stuck in the rain with it. And the magnetic closure is brilliant. I love the design and as mentioned I’m considering getting a new one (but not necessarily for a lot of use, mainly to be admired and taken out for special occasions).

Hi,

I owned a Saddle bag for 1 week before I sold it. I had the black medium Saddle in grained calfskin leather and gold hardware. In terms of design and looks it’s absolutely gorgeous, and I’d be lying if I said that I’m not considering repurchasing it. However, if I buy it again I’ll get a more embellished or special edition version of it that I will keep as a collectors piece to be admired rather than used as an everyday bag.

The reason I sold my Saddle bag is because I thought it was fiddly to wear on a regular basis. The flap opening and the strap kind of crash into each other when you try opening the bag and makes it fussy to get to your stuff. I felt like I had to partially bend the flap under the strap and then backwards in order to see the inside of the bag. I was a bit scared that with time the flap would be bent out of shape or the glazing would start softening on the sides after being bent over and over. In my opinion the bag itself holds and ok amount of things, and for me personally all my daily essentials. However, you have to put your things into the bag with some care to fit it all so it is a bit of a Tetris game if you carry more than just a phone and a card holder. I also personally found it slightly awkward to carry with a longer shoulder strap, but also equally awkward to carry over the shoulder with only the shorter shoulder strap (the bag is fairly substantial so my arm kind of stuck out over it when I carried it over my shoulder).

That said I think it’s absolutely gorgeous. It felt very solid and well made, I’m sure it will take use over time really well. Even though the leather is thick and the whole bag very substantial I didn’t think it was heavy - even with my things inside. The grained leather did very well with absolutely no damage after I got stuck in the rain with it. And the magnetic closure is brilliant. I love the design and as mentioned I’m considering getting a new one (but not necessarily for a lot of use, mainly to be admired and taken out for special occasions).

Thank you for the detailed response!! My thoughts exactly - I'm kind of lazy when it comes to handbag. I prefer convenience. If it'll take that much effort for me to open up the bag and grab my things, I'm not too sure if it is worth the money.

That being said, I am so so in love with its appearance! It's absolutely gorgeous and would be perfect for a date night out. If I were to get one... it would be between the red oblique or one of the matte leather colors.

I don't have the women's Saddle but I can't imagine it being that difficult to get stuff out of the bag. It isn't an open-top tote after all, which would be very easy to take things in and out of. Like most flap bags, the flap can get in the way when opening the bag, and I guess the arch on the top of the flap may make it a bit harder to open than flap bags that have one piece of leather folded over to form a flap.

The magnetic closure is very convenient, and since it is a hidden contact magnet, you don't need to align the magnets perfectly to securely close the bag. This makes it easier to open than flap bags with locks, snap-buttons, and circular magnets that need to align.

The most durable one is the grained calfskin. It keeps its structure very well, and the leather is very hard-wearing.

I do hear that it may be a little inconvenient, but that the beauty of the bag is worth all of that! Maybe if I do find a good one second hand I will purchase it. I know the grained calfskin would age the best - but the oblique style is just so chic!

Hi
I have medium oblique saddle for about 2 years and love it!
The medium is real functional and easy to use , no problem at all with getting things in and out of the bag . Plus the back pocket is very convent , I keep my phone and keys in it. I used the bag a lot.
When int comes to Saddle bags I prefer the oblique.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I have the oblique and love this bag! It fits everything I need and I never feel that I have to take something out because of its size. I use a small/medium wallet and don't have much trouble. If you use a card case it's even easier to get things in and out. I use mine on a regular basis and love it to death!

No problem at all! When I came across that over the lockdown it made me want a saddle bag to look at too, which is how I stumbled on this thread trying to figure out which one to get :lol:

If you ever get one, do share a photo of how you decide to display it!:heart:
I finally got around to taking a photo, works great thx again for the tip ❤️❤️❤️

Saddlecloth.jpg