Help! Tiffany gold jewelry came in blue pouch instead of black box

t1221

Oct 25, 2020
I received an 18k gold Tiffany Smile Necklace that was bought online from Tiffany's, however it came in a blue pouch instead of the black suede jewelry box. I'm disappointed that a $1000 necklace came in such packaging, and if I bought it in-store it would have come with the black jewelry box. I've already had multiple issues with the necklace tangling inside the blue pouch as well. Can I go to the store in-person and request a box?

I received an 18k gold Tiffany Smile Necklace that was bought online from Tiffany's, however it came in a blue pouch instead of the black suede jewelry box. I'm disappointed that a $1000 necklace came in such packaging, and if I bought it in-store it would have come with the black jewelry box. I've already had multiple issues with the necklace tangling inside the blue pouch as well. Can I go to the store in-person and request a box?
Your best bet is to call the store and ask.

I’ve ordered online and received items placed on a rectangular Tiffany blue cardboard, with an accompanying pouch. It is disappointing for sure but I wonder is it done to keep packaging/shipping weights on the lower side? If you are wanting the iconic velvet box I would call the 1-800 customer service number and see if you can go into your local store to pick one up. I’m sure they’d be happy for you to have one when you tell them how disappointing it was to receive the necklace non-boxed. Would love to hear any follow up you have on this!!

I think it’s a reasonable request. If you have a boutique nearby, I’m 99% sure they’ll switch it for you without a problem.

I’ve ordered online and received items placed on a rectangular Tiffany blue cardboard, with an accompanying pouch. It is disappointing for sure but I wonder is it done to keep packaging/shipping weights on the lower side? If you are wanting the iconic velvet box I would call the 1-800 customer service number and see if you can go into your local store to pick one up. I’m sure they’d be happy for you to have one when you tell them how disappointing it was to receive the necklace non-boxed. Would love to hear any follow up you have on this!!

Update!! I went called customer service but they were a bit slow, they told me to wait and it was 20 min of silence so I just hung up. I called my local Tiffany's instead and they told me they understood my situation and asked me to bring my receipt and original packaging. When I went to the store they were so sweet and switched the box for me and let me keep my blue pouch. I'm beyond happy, I really wanted to treasure this necklace