Gold vs. Silver Chanel Mini - Help me decide!

Which Chanel Mini?

• Gold

• Silver

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
both the bags came in! silver is much more beautiful in person and the gold is the perfect champagne shade. I just feel like both bags are the same leather and same hardware but just different colors... does it make sense to have 3 of the same bags? but on the flip side im worried that i will regret it if i return one.. 4 grommet minis are hard to find and finding metallic bags are even harder. does that justify keeping both? i'm super conflicted!

both the bags came in! silver is much more beautiful in person and the gold is the perfect champagne shade. I just feel like both bags are the same leather and same hardware but just different colors... does it make sense to have 3 of the same bags? but on the flip side im worried that i will regret it if i return one.. 4 grommet minis are hard to find and finding metallic bags are even harder. does that justify keeping both? i'm super conflicted!

I feel your pain!! I love the color of the gold mini, too!!

It’s completely up to you. Your black mini is probably something you can use more often with western outfits as well as desi clothes. So don’t really count that bag.

Then it comes down to how much you love the gold and how much you mind having multiples of the same bag. Everyone’s tolerance is different.

When I bought my silver diorama, there was a champagne gold piece as well. But I didn’t buy it because the silver would work with silver and light gold embroidered clothes. For dark gold embroidery, I could use a black or beige clutch. Eventually, I bought an additional bronze clutch. I didn’t want to go to a big wedding and wear too similar a bag every day.

But it’s up to you. Maybe less variety just makes getting dressed easier? Maybe a Chanel mini is your signature?

Listen to your gut and know there is no wrong answer.

Good luck :smile:

Reactions: nikksterxx
I feel your pain!! I love the color of the gold mini, too!!

It’s completely up to you. Your black mini is probably something you can use more often with western outfits as well as desi clothes. So don’t really count that bag.

Then it comes down to how much you love the gold and how much you mind having multiples of the same bag. Everyone’s tolerance is different.

When I bought my silver diorama, there was a champagne gold piece as well. But I didn’t buy it because the silver would work with silver and light gold embroidered clothes. For dark gold embroidery, I could use a black or beige clutch. Eventually, I bought an additional bronze clutch. I didn’t want to go to a big wedding and wear too similar a bag every day.

But it’s up to you. Maybe less variety just makes getting dressed easier? Maybe a Chanel mini is your signature?

Listen to your gut and know there is no wrong answer.

Good luck :smile:

thanks for your response! i was wondering the same.. if i wear the same bag to each event will people realize its 2 different bags and not one? i know that others opinions shouldn't matter and i buy my bags for myself but you know how the community it. i know you say theres no wrong answer but its a lot of money and dont want to keep a bag and then later regret it or vice versa. ughhh

I hate to be the party pooper, but my honest opinion and advice is that you return both these minis. The metallic on these bags wears absolutely horribly, it will peel off and reveal dark spots underneath.
Even if you would only use them for special occasion, I would still advice against keeping them. I dislike this finish just as much as I dislike the iridescent suede caviar bags that Chanel released years ago.

In this listing you can see how this metallic finish will wear off:

Reactions: Tuned83
I hate to be the party pooper, but my honest opinion and advice is that you return both these minis. The metallic on these bags wears absolutely horribly, it will peel off and reveal dark spots underneath.
Even if you would only use them for special occasion, I would still advice against keeping them. I dislike this finish just as much as I dislike the iridescent suede caviar bags that Chanel released years ago.

In this listing you can see how this metallic finish will wear off:

I appreciate the insight! i actually love metallics and Chanel just came out with a "unicorn" iridescent mini which i love but the fact that these bags clearly don't wear well is a bit concerning.. i have a lot of thinking to do

Hey all,

Dropping this into this thread since this still tis into the mini section.

I really need your help to decide! I have been hunting on special seasonal piece (I have one black caviar boy and black small cf). So yesterday I came across this gorgeous rectangle mini in the boutique, I couldn’t find this colour version on the website (only in black).

The colour is pearl-ish off-white, a bit hard to capture on pictures. Strap is pearl and leatherchain (like CF).

I love love it but have doubts due to:
1. Slightly longer chain than I’d like to have
2. High price and it’s seasonal piece, what if I get bored of it :sad:

I’m attaching pics below of the beauty itself and how it wears on me and mum. Let me know what you think. Any input is much appreciated:love:
4E2B50B6-DD4D-486C-8A5B-310C60E289AE.jpeg8124DDFA-D855-4411-BDCB-BA92F8A9A5E2.jpeg3B185E98-F042-4512-B94F-711355D42A3F.jpeg

Hey all,

Dropping this into this thread since this still tis into the mini section.

I really need your help to decide! I have been hunting on special seasonal piece (I have one black caviar boy and black small cf). So yesterday I came across this gorgeous rectangle mini in the boutique, I couldn’t find this colour version on the website (only in black).

The colour is pearl-ish off-white, a bit hard to capture on pictures. Strap is pearl and leatherchain (like CF).

I love love it but have doubts due to:
1. Slightly longer chain than I’d like to have
2. High price and it’s seasonal piece, what if I get bored of it :sad:

I’m attaching pics below of the beauty itself and how it wears on me and mum. Let me know what you think. Any input is much appreciated:love:

You should probably create a new thread..

I appreciate the insight! i actually love metallics and Chanel just came out with a "unicorn" iridescent mini which i love but the fact that these bags clearly don't wear well is a bit concerning.. i have a lot of thinking to do
I like both the metallics and understand but either way you will be good.
I had a silver metallic I sold and now regret as everything comes back into style and I always loved metallic also! It doesnt wear off that quickly. You will be good for 10 years.

Not all metallics wear the same, but the metallic finish of this particular series you bought (from 12C, the last season Chanel came out with the 4-grommets mini) is very delicate and high maintenance.
I also love the look of metallics, so I understand your dilemma. If you decide to keep one (or both), enjoy, use with caution.

I like both the metallics and understand but either way you will be good.
I had a silver metallic I sold and now regret as everything comes back into style and I always loved metallic also! It doesnt wear off that quickly. You will be good for 10 years.

Thanks for your response! The bag is already 8 years old so hopefully you mean another 10 years lol

Not all metallics wear the same, but the metallic finish of this particular series you bought (from 12C, the last season Chanel came out with the 4-grommets mini) is very delicate and high maintenance.
I also love the look of metallics, so I understand your dilemma. If you decide to keep one (or both), enjoy, use with caution.

leaning towards both because i feel like i will regret it but will definitely use with caution now that you've pointed this out to me.

YOU HAVE TO KEEP BOTH!! Each color goes well in a different way. I think there is no such thing as 'too many' for girls when it comes to Chanel. They both look great in a different way and use it with different outfits and how you are feeling that day. Really cute bags btw!