*CLOSED* Authenticate This Loewe

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I‘d like to say that I am not an expert. I just want to share my experience and show pictures of a „good“ fake Puzzle I bought preloved and an authentic one.

Few days ago I ordered a small Puzzle and the same day I found a medium pre loved one for a really good price. This already raised my suspicion but as I still have been unsure about the right size for me and returns were accepted for the pre loved one I ordered it and both arrived today.

Let me say I have been hunting for the puzzle since it’s release but I know about all the fake out there (mentioned it in the Loewe thread already) so I skipped a lot of offers over the past years just because returns are mostly impossible.

But because I am a very curious person I started this experiment.

Sellers photos looked quite fine but next to the authentic one it is obvious that it is a high quality fake bag. I took a lot of pictures for comparison and like to share my experience with you.

1. the smell
The real one has a deep leather smell while the fake bag smells like... plastic? It was described as „like new“, a few months old and „worn once“. If I didn’t have both lying next to each other maybe I wouldn’t have noticed it but the authentic‘s smell screams luxury while the fake smells like any average low quality leather bag out there.

2. The feel
Quite unsure if it is fair to compare them because the fake bag is made of smooth leather and the real one is pebbled leather.
I noticed the fake bag to be a bit stiff, not buttery soft like the authentic one.

3. the look

Here are the pictures:

The dustbag

The authentic dustbag feels much thicker and while the fake one looks nearly the same from the outside it feels flimsy in direct comparison. The inner seams look complete different and you can see the lack of quality at the inner seams.

View attachment 4692398

The booklet

Do I need to say anything? The pictures speak by themselves...

View attachment 4692399

The leather tag

Not easy to spot the differences but I noticed some deviation.
e.g. „Made in Spain“ ends in the middle of the „W“ from LOEWE on the fake one while the same lettering ends near to the beginnig of the W on the authentic.
The font looks also a bit different.

View attachment 4692400

The leather tabs

The difference in stitching is obvious. On the authentic one the look even while there are a lot more and uneven stitches on the fake bag.

Here I was able to compare the quality of the leather because the tabs and the handle on the pebbled small puzzle are smooth leather. It definitely has a softer feel on the authentic one.

View attachment 4692401

The tag
Plastic vs. metal / black string vs. white
Obviously different

View attachment 4692402

The zipper

Leather piece looks different (no complete stitching on the fake bag but not sure if this is a red flag - maybe some legit bag don’t have the stitches), the angle of the fake leather piece is on the wrong side

View attachment 4692403

The hardware

Hard to tell but in direct comparison the hw on the authentic bag feels heavier and the clasp on the fake bag is slightly more rounded. You can feel it but I wouldn’t have noticed it if I only had the fake bag.

View attachment 4692404

The serial no.

Hard to tell because my authentic one doesn’t share a lot of numbers with the fake bag.

Still I would say they are different.

View attachment 4692412

As I said I am no expert. But maybe my photos can help others.

The fake bag is already on its way back. The seller claims it was „a gift“ but refunded me immediately via PayPal after I sent pictures and told him what I think.
I hadn’t even arranged the return so why did he send me the 1.100 Euro? I am 100% sure he knew what he was selling right from the start.

Thanks a lot for reading and let me excuse for my english. I am not a native speaker and describing all these details in a foreign language wasn’t that easy for me.

Stay in good health!

Thank you so much for your explanations! I just purchased a Puzzle bag in sz Small in Tan, everything looks perfect. However I'm a bit worried about the handle stitchings of being uneven (especially in the thicker ends where the flap of the handle is located). I saw in another forum that there may have been issues about the stitches due it's being hand-stitch, but I just want to make sure that this is common for Loewe Puzzle bags. Can any of you pls help? Thank you so much!
57D4C000-8DBF-4B5E-95C2-38D24AF5E11B.jpgIMG_1712.jpgIMG_1713.JPG

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a Loewe small midnight navy/black puzzle bag on eBay and used a service to authenticate - they confirmed the authenticity but I do have one question. One part of the lining has been glued to the interior and I can pull it back - is this typical for puzzle bags? Could it be this bag's lining was defective and it is authentic? The bag otherwise looks authentic to me and the serial number must have checked out. Please see photos. Thank you!!

IMG_3262.jpg

ucarecdn-1.jpg

ucarecdn-2.jpg

ucarecdn-3.jpg

ucarecdn.jpg

Recently bought a light caramel Loewe puzzle in medium, can anyone help to verify if this is authentic? Also, is the new design with 2 pockets on 1 side instead of pockets on the front and back? Thanks!!

74F5A5C5-EAE1-4991-932E-60C035D1CC6E.jpeg

9D409310-BFCB-41AC-97C4-D7649F8F24C7.jpeg

31D777D1-F638-4E1D-9E61-4E76451872F5.jpeg

E0F66CA6-5913-4CEB-8977-C28B7241372B.jpeg

DDF92D36-AB84-444E-A4C7-C2C341A6B222.jpeg

D20C5BC9-B428-4186-B1A9-8287CDDE17A6.jpeg

3B8588FB-757C-459A-A7B5-FB5DFF6D3D3E.jpeg

32ED9349-CFDB-4A46-A57D-FB8A4796A328.jpeg

C2419267-CE5F-46E3-B7D4-60C28379926A.jpeg

43E1DC17-9CFE-45E3-BE2E-5D693F3F2837.jpeg

Recently bought a light caramel Loewe puzzle in medium, can anyone help to verify if this is authentic? Also, is the new design with 2 pockets on 1 side instead of pockets on the front and back? Thanks!!

I'm not an expert but pretty sure this is not authentic. There's a post a few pages back comparing an authentic light caramel small Puzzle w/ gold hardware vs. a fake tan small Puzzle w/ silver hardware.

I'm not an expert but pretty sure this is not authentic. There's a post a few pages back comparing an authentic light caramel small Puzzle w/ gold hardware vs. a fake tan small Puzzle w/ silver hardware.

Hi there! Can you let me know which part is not authentic? I did try using an online Authenticator and also a 2nd hand boutique to have a look to get a second opinion and they said it was authentic... now I’m a little confused.

Hi there! Can you let me know which part is not authentic? I did try using an online Authenticator and also a 2nd hand boutique to have a look to get a second opinion and they said it was authentic... now I’m a little confused.
I think one thing that stands out is the angle of the zipper pull tab on the back zipper. The angle is incorrect when comparing to Loewe's models online

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a Loewe small midnight navy/black puzzle bag on eBay and used a service to authenticate - they confirmed the authenticity but I do have one question. One part of the lining has been glued to the interior and I can pull it back - is this typical for puzzle bags? Could it be this bag's lining was defective and it is authentic? The bag otherwise looks authentic to me and the serial number must have checked out. Please see photos. Thank you!!

View attachment 4867062

View attachment 4867066

View attachment 4867067

View attachment 4867068

View attachment 4867069

Yes this is the case with my puzzle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.