Zipper pull fell off TP26!

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
I was closing my toiletry pouch 26 the other day when the zipper pull came right off the end of the pouch! It wasn't overstuffed, but I've had it for almost a decade so I know I'll have to pay to have it fixed. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I'm wondering if this is the sort of thing they might be able to fix in store, or if it'll have to be sent off to Paris for repair? I'd appreciate any advice!

Reactions: Jolie34
I was closing my toiletry pouch 26 the other day when the zipper pull came right off the end of the pouch! It wasn't overstuffed, but I've had it for almost a decade so I know I'll have to pay to have it fixed. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I'm wondering if this is the sort of thing they might be able to fix in store, or if it'll have to be sent off to Paris for repair? I'd appreciate any advice!
If it’s just the zipper pull part only, they can usually replace this for free. When I had one done previously, I think they did in instore, but not same day. I’ve had this done a couple of times in the past (the whole chain on a cles is also free, which is great when they get really discoloured), however I’m not sure of the current time frames during the pandemic. :heart:

Reactions: boyoverboard
They can replace it for you, no problem at all. I had my DE speedy pull replaced at my local store and they replaced it within two hours. :smile:

The store will replace the zipper pull for free. My store started taking in repairs again last week so you might want to call your local store to see whether they can help. You can also email Care Services and send it in for repair, but that will take a few weeks.

Thank you so much for your replies.

I was aware that the store can replace zipper pulls on the clés, for instance, which I've had done before, but I don't think I explained it very well -- I meant that the whole thing had come off, including the part that the zipper pull attaches to. I'm not sure if perhaps this has to be reattached from the other end, so maybe the little vachetta tab has to be removed, I'm not sure. I've attached a photo to show what I mean.

I contacted client services via the site a couple of days ago to ask them about this, to save me having to travel to my nearest store unnecessarily (60 mile drive) but I haven't had a response as yet, so if anyone knows by looking at these pictures if this is likely to have to be sent off, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks again, guys. :flowers:

(Excuse my fur baby having a sniff at the pouch! :lol:)

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_4301.jpg

I have had a zipper pull replaced in store, but don't know if all stores can do this.
If it’s just the zipper pull part only, they can usually replace this for free. When I had one done previously, I think they did in instore, but not same day. I’ve had this done a couple of times in the past (the whole chain on a cles is also free, which is great when they get really discoloured), however I’m not sure of the current time frames during the pandemic. :heart:
They can replace it for you, no problem at all. I had my DE speedy pull replaced at my local store and they replaced it within two hours. :smile:
The store will replace the zipper pull for free. My store started taking in repairs again last week so you might want to call your local store to see whether they can help. You can also email Care Services and send it in for repair, but that will take a few weeks.

Thank you so much for your replies.

I was aware that the store can replace zipper pulls on the clés, for instance, which I've had done before, but I don't think I explained it very well -- I meant that the whole thing had come off, including the part that the zipper pull attaches to. I'm not sure if perhaps this has to be reattached from the other end, so maybe the little vachetta tab has to be removed, I'm not sure. I've attached a photo to show what I mean.

I contacted client services via the site a couple of days ago to ask them about this, to save me having to travel to my nearest store unnecessarily (60 mile drive) but I haven't had a response as yet, so if anyone knows by looking at these pictures if this is likely to have to be sent off, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks again, guys. :flowers:

(Excuse my fur baby having a sniff at the pouch! :lol:)

View attachment 4869686

View attachment 4869687
The same thing happened on my Poche Documents and when I emailed Care Services, they accepted the repair and said it would be complimentary. Not sure if mine is more or less effort than the Toiletry bag, but an email to CS with your photos should be sufficient without having to drive to the store. They have been busier than usual these last few months since stores have not been taking in repairs. They used to always provide a response within 72 hours. Now it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. One inquiry took 3 weeks before I got a response. Be patient and hopefully they will be able to help you soon, and even better if it’s complimentary.

Thank you, that's good to know! I didn't get a response to my message yet, but it was via their web chat, so I went ahead and sent an email instead, so that I could attach photos. I've never actually posted anything in for repair before, I've always just taken it into the store on the few occasions I've used their repairs service. Hopefully mailing it will be an option, given the current situation! Thanks again!

The same thing happened on my Poche Documents and when I emailed Care Services, they accepted the repair and said it would be complimentary. Not sure if mine is more or less effort than the Toiletry bag, but an email to CS with your photos should be sufficient without having to drive to the store. They have been busier than usual these last few months since stores have not been taking in repairs. They used to always provide a response within 72 hours. Now it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. One inquiry took 3 weeks before I got a response. Be patient and hopefully they will be able to help you soon, and even better if it’s complimentary.

Reactions: miknarth
Thank you, that's good to know! I didn't get a response to my message yet, but it was via their web chat, so I went ahead and sent an email instead, so that I could attach photos. I've never actually posted anything in for repair before, I've always just taken it into the store on the few occasions I've used their repairs service. Hopefully mailing it will be an option, given the current situation! Thanks again!
No problem! Just an update, I got my Poche Documents back much sooner than expected. The zipper pull was replaced and is now a lot shinier than the rest of the zipper, but that’s okay. Hope you get your toiletry 26 repaired soon too! The stores are now accepting repairs so that might be a faster option.

No problem! Just an update, I got my Poche Documents back much sooner than expected. The zipper pull was replaced and is now a lot shinier than the rest of the zipper, but that’s okay. Hope you get your toiletry 26 repaired soon too! The stores are now accepting repairs so that might be a faster option.
Meant to post a photo for you!

F1F99CE9-0210-48A4-8AEE-D4348737C3D9.jpeg

Thank you! Glad that you got your Poche Documents back.

I contacted LV via email and again via their WhatsApp service on the 6th October, and though their automated response still said that they aimed to respond within 12 hours, I haven't heard anything at all and it's now been almost three weeks. :shocked:

I know that things are far from normal at the moment, but I can't help but feel that this is extremely poor. I haven't experienced a wait this long for a simple enquiry, with any other company since the beginning of the pandemic. I can't get through to my "local" (actually a 60-70 mile drive) store on the phone, it just goes to client services. I'm wondering if I need to make an appointment to take an item in for repair, or if I can just walk in with it? I'd rather post the pouch in for repair, but it doesn't look like I'm going to receive a response from them at all at this point.

Meant to post a photo for you!

View attachment 4880665

Reactions: miknarth
Thank you! Glad that you got your Poche Documents back.

I contacted LV via email and again via their WhatsApp service on the 6th October, and though their automated response still said that they aimed to respond within 12 hours, I haven't heard anything at all and it's now been almost three weeks. :shocked:

I know that things are far from normal at the moment, but I can't help but feel that this is extremely poor. I haven't experienced a wait this long for a simple enquiry, with any other company since the beginning of the pandemic. I can't get through to my "local" (actually a 60-70 mile drive) store on the phone, it just goes to client services. I'm wondering if I need to make an appointment to take an item in for repair, or if I can just walk in with it? I'd rather post the pouch in for repair, but it doesn't look like I'm going to receive a response from them at all at this point.
I’ve had multiple pieces repaired over the last 7 months and some did take 3-4 weeks before I got a response back, while others took only a few days. No idea why there is such an inconsistency in response time. There was one inquiry where I had to call Client Services and they saw that I had sent an email request to Care Services with no response for 4 weeks, so they pushed it through and I got an email back with an estimate and label that same day. Try giving Client Services a call to see if they can help. If not, you can always walk a repair into the store, no need to make an appt, as long as your store is currently accepting repairs. But I’d wait another week or two, and hopefully you’ll get a response soon!