Mini Lindy or Mini Bolide?

lalaland_H

Sep 18, 2020
Hello all,

I am hoping to get a casual cross body bag, and deciding between the Mini Lindy & Mini Bolide as I have young kids. Which one would you recommend, what colour, and why? I used to own a Mini Evelyn TPM but it didn't work out for me...

I currently have a K28, GP30, and Picotin 18 as part of my H collection, just for reference, and all of them are dark neutrals.

Many thanks in advance! :smile:

check out these two helpful comments (thank you to @gracie05 ) with comparison photos / what fits in the two different models you mentioned!

ETA: another very helpful comment from her here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/share-your-2020-bag-offers.1022317/page-135#post-33997291

check out these two helpful comments (thank you to @gracie05 ) with comparison photos / what fits in the two different models you mentioned!

ETA: another very helpful comment from her here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/share-your-2020-bag-offers.1022317/page-135#post-33997291
Thank you so much!!

Reactions: momoc
Hello all,

I am hoping to get a casual cross body bag, and deciding between the Mini Lindy & Mini Bolide as I have young kids. Which one would you recommend, what colour, and why? I used to own a Mini Evelyn TPM but it didn't work out for me...

I currently have a K28, GP30, and Picotin 18 as part of my H collection, just for reference, and all of them are dark neutrals.

Many thanks in advance! :smile:
The beginning of this year I bought a verso Mini Bolide. After 1 month later, I bought a Mini Lindy. I love and use cross body bag mostly. I’ve tried both bags and Mini Lindy is way better than Mini Bolide in so many ways. I love it so much I bought another one yesterday. Mini Bolide is cute and could put more items than Mini Kelly. However, when try to zip or unzip, the handle is kind of in the way. Mini Lindy could put way more items than Mini Bolide and is easier to get stuff in and out. I am still happy with my Mini Bolide since it’s very classic and cute and I collect bags but I won’t buy anther one. Mini Lindy I would continue to buy different colours since the bag designed so well and super practical. It has 2 outside packets and 2 inside packets. Besides, it also comes with its own raincoats. With a bit more money, I would go for Mini Lindy if it’s available (difficult to get). Hope this help :smile:

The beginning of this year I bought a verso Mini Bolide. After 1 month later, I bought a Mini Lindy. I love and use cross body bag mostly. I’ve tried both bags and Mini Lindy is way better than Mini Bolide in so many ways. I love it so much I bought another one yesterday. Mini Bolide is cute and could put more items than Mini Kelly. However, when try to zip or unzip, the handle is kind of in the way. Mini Lindy could put way more items than Mini Bolide and is easier to get stuff in and out. I am still happy with my Mini Bolide since it’s very classic and cute and I collect bags but I won’t buy anther one. Mini Lindy I would continue to buy different colours since the bag designed so well and super practical. It has 2 outside packets and 2 inside packets. Besides, it also comes with its own raincoats. With a bit more money, I would go for Mini Lindy if it’s available (difficult to get). Hope this help :smile:
Thank you so much for the details! That's exactly what I was looking for! Now I know which one to get, only if I get offered (I've let my SA know about my wishlist)! :P Thanks again! :heart:

Reactions: Aribb
by the way, do you happen to buy them in Canada? I am in Toronto and was told by my SA that the mini Lindy is hard to come by...and I check the website ever so often but never see it :sad:

Thank you so much for the details! That's exactly what I was looking for! Now I know which one to get, only if I get offered (I've let my SA know about my wishlist)! :P Thanks again! :heart:
No problem. I truly hope you get yours very soon.:heart: Mine are Vert Bosphore and Rose Extreme. I would love to get more natural colours, like gold, etain or etoupe but my SA said that’s most people want and I will have to wait for a very long time for those colours; therefore, I got those less popular colours which I happen to like and didn’t have in my collection.:doh::lol:

by the way, do you happen to buy them in Canada? I am in Toronto and was told by my SA that the mini Lindy is hard to come by...and I check the website ever so often but never see it :sad:
Yeah Canuck! :heart:I‘m in Vancouver. I told my 1st SA last Summer and spent tons of money with her but was told most stocks went to Toronto and they only had very few in Vancouver store... Anyway, I changed my SA in March this year and she’s way nicer and easier to work with. My 1st SA quit 2 months ago which made me feel more comfortable to shop in the store. I scored the Mini Bolide (a month before the store closure) and 1st Mini Lindy (during the closure) online. They released lots of bags and rare items online during the closure. (I also scored one Kelly WOC 1 week before I got my Lindy.:biggrin:) I mentioned about Mini Lindy almost every time I saw her. Yesterday I went in for limited edition lipstick and mentioned again and she said one in pink arrived yesterday. So, if you have a SA you feel comfortable to work with, keep open minded about color and mention Mini Lindy status every time you see her/him in a gentle and nice way, you should get it. In my opinion, stocks are less in Canada than in USA. Selections are less in the Vancouver store than in the Toronto.
Good luck :heart:

Yeah Canuck! :heart:I‘m in Vancouver. I told my 1st SA last Summer and spent tons of money with her but was told most stocks went to Toronto and they only had very few in Vancouver store... Anyway, I changed my SA in March this year and she’s way nicer and easier to work with. My 1st SA quit 2 months ago which made me feel more comfortable to shop in the store. I scored the Mini Bolide (a month before the store closure) and 1st Mini Lindy (during the closure) online. They released lots of bags and rare items online during the closure. (I also scored one Kelly WOC 1 week before I got my Lindy.:biggrin:) I mentioned about Mini Lindy almost every time I saw her. Yesterday I went in for limited edition lipstick and mentioned again and she said one in pink arrived yesterday. So, if you have a SA you feel comfortable to work with, keep open minded about color and mention Mini Lindy status every time you see her/him in a gentle and nice way, you should get it. In my opinion, stocks are less in Canada than in USA. Selections are less in the Vancouver store than in the Toronto.
Good luck :heart:
whoa that's wonderful that you scored so many goodies before/during the closure and that you found a SA you like, very happy for you! I didn't know about the online bag stocks and was in my 1st trimester of pregnancy during the lockdown, so I was not thinking about bags at all, but now all I think about is bags lol! I have mentioned to my SA probably twice now so fingers crossed lol I love the new limited edition lipsticks too! Which colour did you get? I just msged my SA yesterday to save me one, hope I will be able to get it.

But I do agree Canada is so hard to get bags in general, I had to spend 1:1 to get a quota bag this year lol and I am running out of things I want to buy already (non leather goods), still waiting for my B as I bought a K first even though B is my priority. Some how only K is offered to me (twice, and I turned down one).

Thank you for your encouragement! :heart:

I have a mini bolide, but not to use with my kids as a casual crossbody - I feel it can be used as a dressy bag (mine is black chevre with gold hardware). mini lindy is probably a better choice.

Reactions: lalaland_H
I own both and love both! I also have a Mini Evelyne and a Kelly To Go.
These four are probably my most used bags (Lindy still new, but same potential)
The Mini Evie and KTG often go inside a bigger computer bag and are taken out for lunch. Both can be comfortably worn crossbody also by a bigger woman. Same applies for Mini Lindy. I have seen Mini Lindies looking quite bulky on more petite women (in my opinion). These women can wear the Mini Boldie crossbody and it looks great and is a bit easier to get. I am too big to wear my Mini Bolide crossbody, but I carry it around with the handle all the time and love it, because it is classy and great looking. If I need my hands free I can still put it on my shoulder.

Reactions: lalaland_H
I own both and love both! I also have a Mini Evelyne and a Kelly To Go.
These four are probably my most used bags (Lindy still new, but same potential)
The Mini Evie and KTG often go inside a bigger computer bag and are taken out for lunch. Both can be comfortably worn crossbody also by a bigger woman. Same applies for Mini Lindy. I have seen Mini Lindies looking quite bulky on more petite women (in my opinion). These women can wear the Mini Boldie crossbody and it looks great and is a bit easier to get. I am too big to wear my Mini Bolide crossbody, but I carry it around with the handle all the time and love it, because it is classy and great looking. If I need my hands free I can still put it on my shoulder.
Thank you for the insight! I have been letting me SA know that mini lindy is on my wishlist, but sadly they rarely get these in Canada...can only wait :smile:

Thank you for the insight! I have been letting me SA know that mini lindy is on my wishlist, but sadly they rarely get these in Canada...can only wait :smile:
I am sorry to hear that. Also in Europe the Minis and WoC are hard to get. It took me a lot of persistence and regular bugging of my SA to accumulate this collection. Once in a while after intense stalking of the Hermes website I get lucky. The Bolide was absolutely not on my wishlist and now I am deeply in love, if I may say so. It was good to keep an open mind and check. I have also seen Mini-Roulis looking marvelous on some people. (It doesn’t suit me at all.)