Pochette Metis...Pre-loved or New from LV?

Hippolyta

O.G.
Dec 28, 2010
Hello lovelies. I'm ready to purchase my Pochette Metis and am trying to decide between pre-loved or new from LV. Usually I go pre-loved to save some money, but I know that's not going to happen with this bag. I'm more concerned about the actual bag I'm going to get, given the quality control issues I know the PM has had. If I go the pre-loved route I can see the actual bag I'm ordering. If I order from LV, am I running the risk of getting a bag that has issues (off-center mono on front flap, crooked lock, etc.)? Should that still be a concern?

If I go the pre-loved route, I'm planning to select a 2019 or 2020 model to avoid the glazing issues the earlier versions were prone to. Anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much for your guidance! This would only be my second LV bag and I'm very excited to order it.

Hello lovelies. I'm ready to purchase my Pochette Metis and am trying to decide between pre-loved or new from LV. Usually I go pre-loved to save some money, but I know that's not going to happen with this bag. I'm more concerned about the actual bag I'm going to get, given the quality control issues I know the PM has had. If I go the pre-loved route I can see the actual bag I'm ordering. If I order from LV, am I running the risk of getting a bag that has issues (off-center mono on front flap, crooked lock, etc.)? Should that still be a concern?

If I go the pre-loved route, I'm planning to select a 2019 or 2020 model to avoid the glazing issues the earlier versions were prone to. Anything else I should consider?

Thanks so much for your guidance! This would only be my second LV bag and I'm very excited to order it.
My experience with pre-loved is after a few years I end up selling them off for some reason. My new bags and slgs that came straight from LV are coveted and more special to me. I have noticed lately that several of these pre-loved bags are almost as much as the new. Might as well budget for the new and wait if you have to - you will be happier in the long run.

Reactions: Hippolyta

Buy from second hand that way can see the print alignment and save some money too. I had bought several expensive bags from LV store and the print alignment were bad I had to turned around sold them, just embarrassing to carry them.

• Wow
Reactions: Hippolyta