Is anyone still wearing/buying Prada nylon?

Asking for an opinion on this bag. Do you think it is too trendy?

View attachment 4878971

The more important question: Do YOU like it? If you do, keep it. If you're having doubts, return it. Who cares if it's "trendy" or not? I have bags that are over 20 years old. I love them, carry them and that's what matters to me. :smile:

Thanks, so much! I think I am leaning towards passing on this bag. I do not like the big lettering, tend to lean to more subtle items. I appreciate your reply.

You're making the right decision. I knew by your comments that you weren't really 110% happy with it. If I've learned nothing about bags, jewelry, clothes, etc., it's that if I'm not crazy in love the second I see it, I'll never like it.

If you like the overall style of the bag, I'm fairly certain there are some with the iconic Prada Triangle. That's much more subtle.

You're making the right decision. I knew by your comments that you weren't really 110% happy with it. If I've learned nothing about bags, jewelry, clothes, etc., it's that if I'm not crazy in love the second I see it, I'll never like it.

If you like the overall style of the bag, I'm fairly certain there are some with the iconic Prada Triangle. That's much more subtle.

OOOHHH I SOOOOOOO AGREE. The lettering on that one is HIDEOUS, OVERSTATED, DOMINEERING AND JUST PLAIN UGLY. It's saying "desperate, wanna-be try-hard". Y U K.

I think this year is the year of Prada nylon for me. After the pandemic happened, I got rid of a few big bags and replaced them with Prada nylon bags.

After using Prada nylon bags for several months, I understand now why its a best seller for Prada. I do have the Prada re edition mens version and its my favorite one out of my prada nylon bags due to its styling versatility. I understand why its popular now. Also it sits quite right on the body without looking bulky.

I'd definitely buy more in the future but I'd focus more on the seasonal nylons styles since I find the classic ones a bit basic for my taste.

Reactions: kobe939
I recently ordered the prada tessuto chain bag and i cant decide whether to keep it! Originally i wanted to splurge on a classic everyday bag but the this style caught my eye. If it wasn't for the price, i wouldnt think twice but i find it quite expensive for being 'only' a nylon bag..and probably not wearing it as much as a more classic style.

On the pro side i really appreciate how lightweight the nylon is and it feels quite durable. What do you guys think? Too loud/not enough value for money or worth the splurge?

20201121_174301.jpg

Attachments

• 14113594_20021181_600.jpg
    14113594_20021181_600.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 13
I recently ordered the prada tessuto chain bag and i cant decide whether to keep it! Originally i wanted to splurge on a classic everyday bag but the this style caught my eye. If it wasn't for the price, i wouldnt think twice but i find it quite expensive for being 'only' a nylon bag..and probably not wearing it as much as a more classic style.

On the pro side i really appreciate how lightweight the nylon is and it feels quite durable. What do you guys think? Too loud/not enough value for money or worth the splurge?

View attachment 4911339
I like the chain and shape of the bag BUT the jewel decorations on it are a no for me.

I like the chain and shape of the bag BUT the jewel decorations on it are a no for me.

Ditto!

I wouldn't have ordered it to begin with and based on your comments @Emmi_ you should send it back for something more practical. I don't get why Prada messes up perfectly nice bags with overdone bling. I've seen them use these jewel embellishments on clutches for evening wear and it works with a lot of them, but not this bag.

Reactions: Galgali
I’ve always had my eye on Prada nylon bags since my college days. I love them but only took the plunge 2-3 years ago with a flat messenger. I’m amazed with how they’ve held up in the rain. I got close to getting a Prada leather bag then changed my mind. I keep getting drawn to the nylons.

I use mine more in the fall and winter. Took this one to the garden center this past weekend :flowers:

313802D8-E45D-4BF6-9BD0-10724CF7BF07.jpeg

I've just bought this nylon Prada crossbody and the quality is absolutely awful. Was so excited but then I opened up the package and saw that the stitching on the lining of the inside pocket is unfinished. So disappointed in the finishing on what is supposed to be a luxury product.

Not sure I will be buying Prada again :sad:View attachment 4918013View attachment 4918014

I love Prada, but you are right, the quality is often awful. This year I had to return 4 nylon bags (stitching, scratches on logo plate, glue residue) and 2 headbands (bented) ... and now they have increased the prices again

I love my Prada nylon crossover bags that I’ve had for years... they are especially perfect for traveling to places where I need to have worry free practical bags.

when the kids were young, I also used a larger Prada crossbody satchel as diaper bag...the multiple pockets & worry-free nylon were so useful.

My Prada nylon/goretex coat with detachable puffer jacket lining is still one of my most use daily coat since I purchased it (think almost 15 years ago). It’s so durable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pollie-Jean