Shiny hardware on Boy bags

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello!

My 2 boy bags are in the aged gold hardware and I fell in love with one with shiny gold hardware. My questions to those who own that, how does it wear? Is it prone to scratches too much?
I know all shiny hardware on all bags will have inevitable scratches but my concern with this particular bag is that it has “more” hardware or more surface area if that makes sense.

Your input is highly appreciated!

hey i do have lots of chanel items in shiny gold hardware and i enjoy the shine so much more than aged hardware, personal preference. don't let those scratches bother you.. you really cant tell unless you are bringing it up to your eye. if you like it, go for it

I have a couple boys with shiny silver hardware and have had no issues with scratching. I’ve had them for 3-4 years, but I rotate my bags almost daily.

hey i do have lots of chanel items in shiny gold hardware and i enjoy the shine so much more than aged hardware, personal preference. don't let those scratches bother you.. you really cant tell unless you are bringing it up to your eye. if you like it, go for it
I have a couple boys with shiny silver hardware and have had no issues with scratching. I’ve had them for 3-4 years, but I rotate my bags almost daily.

This is so good to know! I love the shade of the bag I’m eyeing (an older season and feel so lucky that I have found it) and love the look of the shiny hardware and the variety since my other ones have the aged one. Thank you for chiming in!

I love shiny gold hardware :smile:
I just received my bag on Thursday. I totally know what you mean!!!
I just hope I’ll have the courage to remove the protective sticker :lol: I’m thinking no one will notice if I kept it for a while .. but then again I think to myself remove it, deal with it and just enjoy the bag!

461491DE-0904-4A00-9323-5A4ED79D3761.jpeg

Reactions: Sunshine888
Remove it, deal with it, just enjoy the bag. Last thing you want is sticker residue that tarnished the hardware. Your bag is lovely, enjoy wearing it.

Reactions: XCCX
I haven’t seen any scratching on mine. I have one with SGH and SSH but I’ve seen consignment stores sell used boys and they have like a gunk buildup in the corners on the hardware. It’s hard to explain and I’ve lost the picture but I see my SHW slowly developing the same ‘gunk’. But I think best thing to do is to clean it every so often with a metal cleaner..

Reactions: XCCX
I haven’t seen any scratching on mine. I have one with SGH and SSH but I’ve seen consignment stores sell used boys and they have like a gunk buildup in the corners on the hardware. It’s hard to explain and I’ve lost the picture but I see my SHW slowly developing the same ‘gunk’. But I think best thing to do is to clean it every so often with a metal cleaner..
Thank you for chiming in! :flowers:

Reactions: jesschr
I am also wondering how do you guys find the wear of the boy bag in general in terms of structure loss since that’s what I really want to avoid.. any advice or experience is appreciated!

Reactions: jesschr
I was wondering if you find the shiny gold hardware heavier than the aged hardware or am I imagining things?? Haha