Longchamp Mailbox bag

Hi, what do you think of the Mailbox line?
I've tried it handheld and like the look of it when held in the hand. The taupe is gorgeous. I tried it on again last week, when worn crossbody, I found the bag to feel a tad awkward. Probably due to the base which is slightly structured and wide. If it was narrower, it might feel better but that will also make it look very close to the Celine nano luggage (which it already looks very similar). I also found it difficult to open the bag with one hand as the handles are in the way. When worn on the shoulder, I find the bag hanging lower than I will like it to be.

Reactions: EveyB
I've tried it handheld and like the look of it when held in the hand. The taupe is gorgeous. I tried it on again last week, when worn crossbody, I found the bag to feel a tad awkward. Probably due to the base which is slightly structured and wide. If it was narrower, it might feel better but that will also make it look very close to the Celine nano luggage (which it already looks very similar). I also found it difficult to open the bag with one hand as the handles are in the way. When worn on the shoulder, I find the bag hanging lower than I will like it to be.
Thank you for sharing your experience. The taupe is really gorgeous! I am considering the medium in taupe as a work bag. The base does seem too wide for crossbody wear. And it also reminded me of the Celine luggage, but the mailbox bag feels more modern to me. I will go to the store to see it irl.

Thank you for sharing your experience. The taupe is really gorgeous! I am considering the medium in taupe as a work bag. The base does seem too wide for crossbody wear. And it also reminded me of the Celine luggage, but the mailbox bag feels more modern to me. I will go to the store to see it irl.
Good luck! If u do buy it,pls show us! :tup:

I will go to the store to see it irl.
I tried on the smallest size and it just felt really awkward when worn crossbody. The taupe is the most interesting shade, out of all colors. Though it looks similar to the Celine nano, I feel that the mailbox is unique on its own. I like the style but because I prefer to wear my bag either on the shoulder or crossbody... it needs to feel comfortable from the get go. Maybe LC will make some changes to it next season. We shall see. Will love to hear your thoughts after you tried it on.

I‘d like a new bag for work and am torn between the medium Mailbox and the Mulberry mini zipped Bayswater. I‘d be very grateful for any info/opinion! :smile:

I only saw two sizes in Nordstrom, the bigger one was a regular size bag, the small one, a mini, which would still fit a lot of items and a phone.
Pics from instagram. You can see all three sizes in the last pic.

Attachments

• 330BC722-687A-4FCE-96E5-40520A6DB3C4.jpeg
    330BC722-687A-4FCE-96E5-40520A6DB3C4.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 94
  • B8E70A34-7DB4-4BD7-B93E-0B19C8DEBC2A.jpeg
    B8E70A34-7DB4-4BD7-B93E-0B19C8DEBC2A.jpeg
    921.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 26C2AEB8-73BE-4C2E-94FE-15D099C23F6F.jpeg
    26C2AEB8-73BE-4C2E-94FE-15D099C23F6F.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 113
I tried on the smallest size and it just felt really awkward when worn crossbody. The taupe is the most interesting shade, out of all colors. Though it looks similar to the Celine nano, I feel that the mailbox is unique on its own. I like the style but because I prefer to wear my bag either on the shoulder or crossbody... it needs to feel comfortable from the get go. Maybe LC will make some changes to it next season. We shall see. Will love to hear your thoughts after you tried it on.
that is the cutest dog in your avatar....yours?

• Love
Reactions: frenziedhandbag