CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hi, everyone. I bought a Chanel bag collection (along with some Chanel scarves, Chanel shoes, and Hermès scarves) from an estate. The original owner seemed to like some of the more unusual bags, and I’m wondering what your thoughts are on whether I should refurbish/clean any bags I decide not to keep. (Bags are vintage from late 90s and early 2000s - include a range of styles/materials like python, acrylic, Icon double flap, tweeds, suede, etc. )

Does it usually pay off to have them professionally cleaned/refurbished? Are you usually able to sell for a lot more that way, or is it a wash? There are 33 bags (26 scarves, 3 shoes) which is probably more than I “need.”

I would love to hear from people that have experience doing this, as I’m anticipating I will eventually sell some. Thank you!View attachment 4848813
Are you planning to have them refurbished/cleaned by Chanel or thru another party? I’ve had bags done at the Chanel boutiques- they do a great job but I’m not sure you need to go to that expense yourself if you’re planning to sell - PS tag me when you do decide to part with some lol!

Are you planning to have them refurbished/cleaned by Chanel or thru another party? I’ve had bags done at the Chanel boutiques- they do a great job but I’m not sure you need to go to that expense yourself if you’re planning to sell - PS tag me when you do decide to part with some lol!

Thanks for your response! I’m waiting to hear back from Chanel customer service (I don’t live near a boutique), but they are vintage pieces from the early 2000s, so my understanding is that Chanel doesn’t usually repair or refurbish. I reached out to other leather handbag refurbishing places, so I’m trying to decide if it is worthwhile to fix up any pieces I decide to part with or if it is better to just sell as is.

Does anyone have Chanel sunglasses? I'm thinking about getting these but didn't know if its worth it?
I know Maui Jims and Oakleys are known for their amazing lens, are Chanel sunglasses just buying a name brand?

I’ve had my Chanel sunglasses for almost 3 years now and love them!! Definitely my most worn pair. They were actually my first Chanel purchase and offer amazing protection. No complaints.

162854A6-AB41-4BEB-9D3C-C416AD1B33BC.jpeg

A sub-forum for designer and other furniture/items?
We're trying to get a sub-forum dedicated to designer and other furniture/items started. Do you love designer furniture as well as other special bits and bobs as much as your bags, and want to share them with and inspire the rest of us? Or if you need advice on something you're thinking of buying, there's sure to be a TPF:er who has experience to share.

We'd love for you to join us with odes, ideas, tips, yay:s and nay:s and most importantly pics of your favourites. Big and small, expensive and cheap, flea market treasures to IKEA to Gae Aulenti and Verner Panton. Minimalist to lavish. And don't forget DIY and hacks. And kitsch!

All the special items that make our day a bit brighter like your favourite lamp or steam mop or French cocotte. Or Maserati. Don't you want to give all the car fob pics their rightful home?! :biggrin:

Join us here! Chanel bags and slg in supporting roles are also welcome :smile:

Hi everyone! I recently came across a picture of a Chanel Boy Waist Bag but couldn't find that many reviews or images of people wearing it. Does anyone own the Chanel Boy Waist Bag or has tried it on in person and care to share your thoughts?

Link to what it looks like!

Hi everyone! I have purchased a Chanel flap from supposedly trusted IG seller. The bag was described as "mint" with "minor signs of wear on hardware only". I paid about $5,500 for the bag. The bag I received had dirt all over the leather strap which never was shown or described. It also has a lose thread on inside flap. Once I contacted the seller she offered me either $100 refund or would accept a return. The bag in this color is very hard to find and I was looking for a very long time to get it. I got a quote from Leather Surgeons to fix the strap only (I've noticed a lose thread later). Leather Surgeons can fix it for $220 including shipping. I asked seller to cover this cost and then I would keep the bag. She refused and gave me her original offer $100 refund or return the bag. What is your opinion about this situation and how do you think I should proceed? I really want this bag, but feel it is unfair that I have to enquire extra expense for something that was misrepresented by the seller.

Hi everyone! I have purchased a Chanel flap from supposedly trusted IG seller. The bag was described as "mint" with "minor signs of wear on hardware only". I paid about $5,500 for the bag. The bag I received had dirt all over the leather strap which never was shown or described. It also has a lose thread on inside flap. Once I contacted the seller she offered me either $100 refund or would accept a return. The bag in this color is very hard to find and I was looking for a very long time to get it. I got a quote from Leather Surgeons to fix the strap only (I've noticed a lose thread later). Leather Surgeons can fix it for $220 including shipping. I asked seller to cover this cost and then I would keep the bag. She refused and gave me her original offer $100 refund or return the bag. What is your opinion about this situation and how do you think I should proceed? I really want this bag, but feel it is unfair that I have to enquire extra expense for something that was misrepresented by the seller.

Hi @luckystar07 , this is a difficult one. However, as a fellow OG, you know that purses involve emotion. Because of this I may consider returning the item because the seller is not working with you on this matter. You may not want the unfavorable emotion associated with this bag even thought it is very hard to find. Let us know your decision.

Hi everyone, please help me in coming to a conclusion. I am considering buying the Chanel Trendy Vanity Case. The issue is color. Right now it is available in red/orange, black and lilac. Out of these colors the best option for me is black. However, I generally don't carry black bags because I like really bright colors and my handbag buying rule is to buy unusual pieces/colors/skins etc. Haven't said that I am wondering that maybe this particular bag is better in black because I typically wear bright colors and I would be wearing this bag as a casual bag. A bright orange or a lilac vanity won't look so nice against a bright pink sweater. However, another option is to just wait to see what colors come out next season. Maybe a white or a hot pink...

The other pieces I own I don't wear as often because...honestly, because I haven't been going anywhere and they are too nice to just take out of the box for a day at my office (i.e. flower power bag, python mini, trendy cc). These bags are fun but, weren't made for going to the office or going for a stroll around the block. I am hoping that this will be a more usable bag that will also be fun (the shape makes it fun and interesting) for me.

So the question is do I lay may rule aside and invest in the black trendy cc vanity case or do I wait till next season for alternative color options?